Floating Graphs

Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I
scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain
in the same place on the screen.

Thanks,

Rob

0
OM2562 (33)
9/8/2006 9:57:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"OM" wrote in message news:45013ea8$0$11971$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au
> Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I
> scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain
> in the same place on the screen.

See this thread.

"Floating Command button"
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/19dca08e629fe707

--
Miyahn
Microsoft MVP for Microsoft Office - Excel(Jan 2006 - Dec 2006)

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

How do I graph
I am trying to follow a trend over time of a part. how can I create a graph that will show date, defect, and the variaous locations where a defect can occure. date: day-month Id: 1 thru 67 Defect: 1 thru 5 Scott Sullivan Your question is rather too broad for a specific answer, I think. You might start here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html In article <C6BDFC9E-F07D-4660-A831-4E9681DA6425@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to follow a trend over time of a part. > how can I create a graph that w...

REPOST: Graphing a cumulative item count grouped by month?
This is a repost of my original question: I am trying to not use any add-ins or BI tools. I'm wanting to use a pivot table to create a histogram (graph) that shows: A.) Count of new action items for the week B.) Count of action items resolved for the week C.) The cumulative count of unresolved action items for the week My columns are in a table called tblMain and I figured I could get by using columns [ID] (a unique ID number) and [DateComplete] (a short date). Filtering out the action items that weren't completed is easy enough using a "null" qualifier for the da...

plot graph from multiple worksheet as embedded chart object on every worksheet
Hi i want to plot the graph for every worksheet (column B and column D). I have more than 50 worksheets in the same workbook. How do i write a macro to ask the excel to plot the graph for every sheet and present the chart object on the same sheet? thank you very much for your help! i have been working on this over 2 days still cannot figure it out... Jeff - It goes something like this: Sub ChartOnEveryWorksheet() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim cht As Chart For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Set cht = ws.ChartObjects.Add(100,100,350,275).Chart ' adjust arguments above to g...

how can i generate the equation from the graph?
I did plot a graph from the data, ( which is a curve) i want to know that how can i obtain the equation (without adding the trendline), so that i can generate the values that are according to my graph~ It may be worth looking at functions such as LINEST LOGEST TREND and GROWTH. -- David Biddulph "katy" <katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E90D4544-4A3E-40A7-AEB4-C52B2F0FF722@microsoft.com... >I did plot a graph from the data, ( which is a curve) i want to know that >how > can i obtain the equation (without adding the trendline), so that i can &...

Water fall graph
Want to make a graph that shows the market share of diferent companies against the market potential. Doesn't sound like what I call a waterfall chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html If this doesn't produce what you want, describe the chart and data in a bit more detail. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Chege" <Chege@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2236F0AA-7D47-4C2F-87DC-58B3C2E9E667@microsoft.com... > Want to m...

Floating Text Box in Excel 2K3/2K7
I am wanting to create a floating text box in Excel 2003/2007 but am currently stuck. The idea is that I will be able lock a text box with a few bullet points in the top right of the screen and that it will remain visible in that position regardless of where I scroll in the worksheet. Locking cells instead, or using Headers/Footers is not an option here. For this purpose, the text box has a name of "Box". I found this code online (along with several other examples) and replaced the name of the text box with my own, but could not get it (or any other example) to work. T...

Buy Symbol on graphs.
I am running MS Money 2003 Deluxe. When displaying graphs, for a while, I would see a hexagon shaped "B" displayed on the line graph indicating when a stock was purchased. This disappeared, although the time for the graph still includes the buy date. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can get this restored? Thanks ...

Excel resizing Graphs
When I copy and past a graph, excel resizes it. It does not matter if I say move and size with cells or move and don't size with cells. I need to make MANY graphs all of the same size. I created a custom layout, but I then must manually resize every graph. Is there a way to copy and past as the same size? Is there a way to LOCK this size as well? Which version of Excel are you working with? In all my experience, anytime you copy an object the pasted object is identical in all respects, including size. While writing this I have been repeatedly doing so in '03. No matter wha...

Mouse over action in Powerpoint should allow floating text option
The "Action Settings" option in Powerpoint does not allow a floating text to be specified on "Mouse Over" or "Mouse Click" I have had to write macros to invoke external programs to generate a "Floating text" when I move the mouse over components I need to describe in detail during presentations. I frequently use Powerpoint 2000 to present Telecom architecture and the current features only allows a separate text box to be used to describe presentation components which becomes extremely laborious when assigning the custom animation for several comp...

how do i graph in excel from a equation??
how do i graph in excel from a equation?? I'm trying to graph something as simple as y=30000x is there any way to do so without having to have a series of number???? As that is a straight line you only need 2 points for your line. Decide which you want the minimum & maximum x values for the graph to be, put those in the the first column, and then put your equation for the corresponding y values alongside in the second column. Select the cells containing the data, insert chart, select XY, make sure that you allow it to treat the data as being in columns, rather than rows. -- D...

Line Graph Data Recognition
I have an array (about 15 x 15) with years 1990-2003 along the top that is missing data in some years, i.e. one series begins at 1990 and goes to 2000 while other series begin in 1998 and goes to 2003. The array content is in number format to the first decimal place, e.g. 14.1. These values were originally created by a formula and were in ratio format, e.g. 0.141, but I converted them by multiplying them by 100 and then removed the fomula by the "copying and paste value" command. When line graphing the array using the ratio values, the image turns out as anticipated, i.e. th...

How do I make a graph of the frequency names come up in a column?
I have a column of several different names, most of which come up several times. I would like to make a graph of which names appear the most frequently. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this for the life of me. gziomek - Use either (1) a pivot table or (2) COUNTIF worksheet functions. For a pivot table, enter a label (e.g., Names) as the top cell of the column. Choose Data | Pivot Table ..., and for Layout use Names for both Row and Data entries. (I think the array-entered FREQUENCY worksheet function can be used only to count numerical values.) - Mike www.mikemid...

Graphs help
Hi friends, I have five columns and want to create a graph with 4 bars and one line..but am unable to do so, its giving me 3 bars and 2 lines when i select 'Line coloumn' in the select chart type category. When I select one line and change its type to a bar, its overlapping the other bars...Is there a way where I can change the chart type with four bars and one line. Thanking you in advance for your support. Best Regards, Kirandeep Singh Hey..sorry guys...I got my own solution. I should hv just selected the normal graph and selected one bar and changed it to a line, as simple a...

Timelines and graphing
I want to plot two horizontal bar graphs that plot different steps of a process (in minutes) against a timeline that begins at 7am and increases by 15 minute increments. In other words I have 2 products each with 4 steps prepare, mix, bake, and cool. Each of the steps times vary by product. Product A: prepare (10 minutes), (Mix 65 minutes), Bake (120 Minutes), and cool (45 minutes). Product B:prepare (10 minutes), (Mix 90 minutes), Bake (150 Minutes), and cool (30 minutes). I want the x-axis to begin at 7am and end at 4pm and show each of the products steps ploted on the timel...

unable to draw graph when workstn locked
Hi, I use excel via OLE automation for creating graphs and doing some basic analysis. The graphs are exported as PNG and displayed in html pages. For sake of argument let's say the calling program is invoked via the scheduler, running as me. So far so good. The problem is, that as soon as the machine is locked, even as soon as you press ctrl+alt+del, the program fails. Upon unlocking the machine and looking at the instance of excel that was being controlled by COM, you see the msg box: "Not enough system resources to display completely" Whether application.Visible is set or ...

How do i create callouts for a graph?
I am new to excel and i don't know how to use callouts. I have to make some for a chart. I need help. From the Drawing* Toolbar, click Autoshapes > Callouts *If necess., activate the toolbar via View > Toolbars > Drawing Select the callout you want, then draw it out on the sheet Right-click on the callout perimeter > Choose "Format Autoshape' This will bring up the multi-tab dialog for you to format to taste And to quickly reproduce similar callouts which you have spent time carefully formating to taste, just do copy and paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22&#...

copy excel spread sheet & graph to word doc without formulas
I have an excel spread sheet which includes a graph I made from the spreadsheet. I would like to copy both to a word document but I don't want any reference to the formulas or vlaues. how do I do this If I understand you correctly, in Word, use the Paste Special option and paste it as "Picture (Windows Metafile)" "tucker" wrote: > I have an excel spread sheet which includes a graph I made from the > spreadsheet. I would like to copy both to a word document but I don't want > any reference to the formulas or vlaues. > > ho...

Bar graph pop-up infomation
Hello all, When your mouse pointer is hovering over a bar, it gives you information, like the dollar amount or any number your using for graph. Is there a way to also show data from the adjacent cell? E.g. A1 has a $ amount and B1 has a check number. I would like to see both information come up. Thanks You can probably set up a custom mouse over label. Check out the Chart Hover Labels utility on Tushar Mehta's site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

Bar Graph #2
I need some help. I have a bar graph that has values ranging from 98% to 4%. My boss would like me to show the garph maximum value at 10%. He want to show all bar but at the ones above the 10% he would like to show a break in the bar and then show the % at the top. He says he has seen it before and it looks like the bar was pulled apart and it show the bottome portion up to 10% and then a small portion above the 10% line. He says the edges at the top looks like a riped piece of paper. Does anyone know how to do this in done? Not attempting to solve your problem. But just want ...

GRAPHS #8
I have a graph for a period of let´s say a year. I only got actual figures for the first half of the period so what´s happening with my graph, it dives. Is there anything you can do to avoid that? /så Hi, For the periods that have yet to come either make them empty cells or use the formula =NA() Anything else, non numeric, in the cell will be treated as text and text is plotted as zero. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "svangis" <svangis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF5F5801-02ED-426E-834C-1BB...

Set graph attributes in worksheet?
I have a scatter plot with about 30 -40 points. I would like to be able to set the attributes for each point in a worksheet area. The idea is that points 1-4, 8-9 and 11 could be blue squares whilst points 5-7, 10 and the rest are green circles. The problem is that the groups are not contiguous and change from day to day. Is this possible? Steve Hi, Simplest thing is to use multiple series. Then either manually or with formula populate the appropriate points in each series. This is a similar approach to the one used for conditional charts http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Conditional...

Printing Graphs with drawing lines added
I have a graph and I have used the drawing line to add a target. It looks fine on the screen but when I do a print preview or print the line goes away. I have another graph with the same type of drawing line but it will print. I need to know what to do to get the drawing line that is overlayed on the chart to print like my other chart. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of drawing a line, you can follow Jon Peltier's instructions to add a line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine For your existing lines, it sounds...

Cluster stacked graph AND line combo graph?
Is there a way to create a cluster stacked bar graph AND a line combo graph all in one chart? My data layout: Set 1 - Stacked Bar - Showing values A and B Set 2 - Stacked Bar - Showing values C and D Set 3 - Line graph with line connection These 3 sets would each be in one category. For example, I would want to show Q1 with all 3 sets, Q2 with all 3 sets... etc. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas?! Thanks! Hi, There's a thing called 'Columns and Lines' at http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx that may do what you want. Ed Ferrero <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

radar graphs
how do i display the data and then create a radra graph? In article <2EAF5103-3BEF-4E8B-A517-A2AB0D7EBB10@microsoft.com>, david@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how do i display the data and then create a radra graph? > See the responses to the other post(s) on the same subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 ...