Flipping order of contents of a cell based on a coma

I have the following information in a column:

VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A
RYAN, BRANDON D
HALLEY, ANDREA S
SCOTT, BRIAN L
SEBHATU, LUWAM
GOMES, MARIA L
NABIGON, JOHN E
COLE, CHARLOTTE A

I need to flip the contents around so that VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A  would
become  NATALIE A VIGNEAULT (without the coma).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris.

0
chunt (14)
1/16/2007 7:20:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

<chunt@vvsii.com> wrote in message
>I have the following information in a column:
>
> VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A
> RYAN, BRANDON D
> HALLEY, ANDREA S
> SCOTT, BRIAN L
> SEBHATU, LUWAM
> GOMES, MARIA L
> NABIGON, JOHN E
> COLE, CHARLOTTE A
>

> I need to flip the contents around so that VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A  would
> become  NATALIE A VIGNEAULT (without the coma).
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
1/16/2007 7:36:46 PM
Awesome, Thanks :)

T. Valko wrote:
> Try this:
>
> =MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)
>
> Copy down as needed.
>
> Biff
>
> <chunt@vvsii.com> wrote in message
> >I have the following information in a column:
> >
> > VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A
> > RYAN, BRANDON D
> > HALLEY, ANDREA S
> > SCOTT, BRIAN L
> > SEBHATU, LUWAM
> > GOMES, MARIA L
> > NABIGON, JOHN E
> > COLE, CHARLOTTE A
> >

> > I need to flip the contents around so that VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A  would
> > become  NATALIE A VIGNEAULT (without the coma).
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris.

0
chunt (14)

> Awesome, Thanks :)
>

> T. Valko wrote:
>> Try this:
>>
>> =MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)
>>
>> Copy down as needed.
>>
>> Biff
>>
>> <chunt@vvsii.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the following information in a column:
>> >
>> > VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A
>> > RYAN, BRANDON D
>> > HALLEY, ANDREA S
>> > SCOTT, BRIAN L
>> > SEBHATU, LUWAM
>> > GOMES, MARIA L
>> > NABIGON, JOHN E
>> > COLE, CHARLOTTE A
>> >

>> > I need to flip the contents around so that VIGNEAULT, NATALIE A  would
>> > become  NATALIE A VIGNEAULT (without the coma).
>> >
>> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chris.

0