Flag a date in Excel

I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will tur
red so that I can follow it up.  I have seen it done but don't know ho
to do it.  Please hel

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try using conditional formatting:

Select the cell(s)

Click Format > conditional formatting

Put the settings "Under Condition 1" as :

Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10

Click Format button > Font tab > Color > Red > OK

Click OK

--
hth
Max

Use xdemechanik
<at>yahoo<dot>com
for email
"Soolin" <Soolin.x80cn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will turn
> red so that I can follow it up.  I have seen it done but don't know how
> to do it.  Please help

demechanik (4694)
11/21/2003 3:05:17 AM
Maybe Format|conditional formatting
then use a "formula is" like:
=A1<TODAY()-10
and give it a nice bold red format.

Soolin wrote:

> I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will turn
> red so that I can follow it up.  I have seen it done but don't know how
> to do it.  Please help

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
11/21/2003 3:05:26 AM
You can use conditional formatting to flag the date:

Select the cell (e.g. cell A2)
Choose Format>Conditional Formatting
 From the first dropdown, chose Formula Is
In the formula box, type:  =A2+10<=TODAY()
Click the Format button
On the Patterns tab, select the Red colour
Click OK, click OK

If the date is ten days ago, or earlier, the cell will turn red.
To flag a date that was exactly ten days ago, change the formula to:
   =A2+10=TODAY()

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/21/2003 3:06:02 AM
> Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10

sorry, just to clarify:
the formula given above presumes cell A5 is selected
--
hth
Max

Use xdemechanik
<at>yahoo<dot>com
for email

demechanik (4694)

Bank Loan. Due Date Follow Up, Email Reminders
Hi guys. As our business is growing, we were handled a significant amount of money from the bank. The money is collected each time we give the bank an oficial document stating the value of the product we are commercializing. In GP 8, what is the best way to handle these money loans?, they have a termination date and we are obligated to pay the loaned money plus interest. Is GP 8capable of sending reminders? Thanks in advance Daniel, Sounds like this may be handled by the Payables module together with either Revenue/Expense Deferrals or the Scheduled Payments. You should be able to ...

Change date from mm-dd-yyyy to MMM-YY in Access
How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- yyyy format into mmm-yy format. For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 Convert "Ship Month" value to display "Mar-04" Hi Vince, Set the Format property of the field, and/or the control(s) that are displaying it, to "mmm-yy" On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:01:52 -0700, "Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- >yyyy format into mmm-yy format. > For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 > Convert "Ship Month&qu...

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

Calc date one year from today
Im trying to calculate a date range that will monitor warranty (364 days) from date of purchase order ?? Thanks for the help Ken Hi Ken! Use: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-1) It will even cover the difference between Leap Years and non-Leap years which your 364 has a problem with. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d0601c3f626$44145840$a301280a@phx.gbl......

import hyperterminal value into excel
How do I import a hyperterminal value into an excel cell? ...

Excel Function to Access
I would like this excel function =IF(A4=A5,C5-C4,C5) to be utilized a a function in a query in MS Access where the fields that supposed t be in column A are the primary key fields and the next fields whic are in column C, are to be calculated in.The answers to this functio are to go into a new field.....Any help please? : Primary key, by definition, means no duplicates. How would A4 ever equal A5? -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "CJT" <chico_2186@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:Wa-dnQuiOcaYskDfRVn_vQ@giganews.com... &g...

Is it possible to have 2 excel version in one computer?
hi everyone i just installed a 2003 version office... i liked the new features but when i wanted to open an excel file that has been created by 2002 version excel, i was shocked that i can't open the file successfully. When i opened and enabled the built in macros in the file, an error message popped out and said that the data may have been lost. After I have closed the error message, i checked the file. the data is still in the worksheet but all the words, format, buttons, and other information have all disappeared. However, if I open it in another version other than 2003, the file work...

Free MS Excel/Access Video Tutorials and Articles
Hey All, There are a whole bunch of free articles and video tutorials at http://www.davidbase.com. There's no cost to sign up and there are lots of articles and videos to check out. Some of the topics are Access VBA, Excel, Database Design, Reporting, Union Queries and more. Some recent articles: Access Parameter Queries Union Queries Excel VBA Random Numbers Relationships and Joins � and plenty more. Sign up (it's free) right on the home page and see if it suits you. Thanks, AppTrix Staff http://www.davidbase.com ...

Date reference in an IIF statement
The following statement works well. It is the default value for a payment. However, every year I have to go in and change the year. =(IIf(Date()>#3/31/2010#,"$45.00","$40.00")) I would like to have it look at 3/31/(of whatever year it is) so I dont have to reprogram this every year. How do I change the date reference? Thanks in advance. On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:16:01 -0700, Presto wrote: > The following statement works well. It is the default value for a payment. > However, every year I have to go in and change the year. > > =(IIf(Date...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Excel -- Wrapped text disappears
A user here is having the same problem as described in a previous topic (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/b32b50c3e69981d/dc8adb6c01616d70%23dc8adb6c01616d70). Windows XP Pro, SP2 Office 2003 Pro, SP2 New machine with plenty of resources. Was originally working properly, then mysteriously developed a strange symptom: Any text that is in an Excel cell in which the "wrap text" option has been selected no longer shows up. I have checked it with 1 character, 1 word, and multiple lines of text. It has been repeated with spreadsheets created on...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #3
Whenever I start EXCEL 2000 I get the following msg. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 018f:3001de79. Registers: EAX=900a0154 CS=018f EIP=3001de79 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00100000 SS=0197 ESP=0062eb5c EBP=0062ebf0 ECX=0000c630 DS=0197 ESI=50020044 FS=0ebf EDX=30021a90 ES=0197 EDI=300378d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f bf 04 c5 aa df 01 30 89 45 dc 8d 45 e4 50 e8 Stack dump: 50020044 006b76e4 006b7608 006b7608 0062ebf0 006b7608 006b76e4 006b7608 0062eb54 3001dcc3 00000000 bff728a2 bff54f53 1294bb9c ad4c17af 12990002 I had reinstalled and repaired several times but it does n...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

where can I find a nurse staffing templatew for excel 2000
I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses Try the Office Template Gallery. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:00 -0700, klif_e <klife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses ...

Reading Registry Key through excel?
Is there anyway to read a certain registry key and display it in a cell how about a way to create a key through excel? is that possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rav, There is a special registry area for VBA which is read/written via GetSettinmg and SaveSetting functions. It is a bit restrictive, in that in can only writes to a limited part of the registry, but it's sufficient for storing application details. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ravz &g...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Payment Terms for specific date
Hi! Our client needs to have Payment Terms for specific date. For example, they want it to be Jun 1, 2009 They sell product but customer doesn't have to pay until June of 2009 Can this be accomplished using GP functionality? If not, what is the best way to customize/make it work? Thank you, Ivan Not sure how you would do this without a customization, but here is what you can try. I assume your customer is running 6-months no interests, no payments type thing for the month of December (again, just an assumption). 1) You could conceivably setup a payment term called JUNE012009,...

Duplicating data according to Dates
Well, that's the best description I can think of anyway. I need help with a solution. I have a set of data (vehicles) that I have managed to extract a complete history for. This dataset shows the month and year of every inspection that was completed on the vehicle according to the location that it was at when the inspection took place. Here is an example: Vehicle -- Location -- Year -- Month Car1 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 Car1 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 12 Car2 -- Location1 -- 2007 -- 2 Car2 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 11 Car2 -- Location3 -- 2007 -- 5 Car3 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 My goal is...

Need To Add VBA Tools Like A Date Picker
I have written a couple of VBA projects for my company. Most of the computers run them all fine but some do not. About half of the computers are running Windows XP Pro w/ Office XP Small Buisness and the other Half are running on Windows 2000 Pro w/ Office 2000 Small Business. My problem is that some of the office 2000 computers do not have Date Pickers in there VBA so they get errors when they try and run the programs. It says something like error: project cannot be found. I want to know where I can update my VBA tools from. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks, Mark ...

excel find problems
I have a database in excel with 4 sheets. When I want to conduct a search, it only searches the active sheet. Therefore I have to select each sepearte sheet and carry out 4 individual searches. Is there any way to search all sheets at once? If there is not, I am aware I can create a user form and use the approproate syntax to conduct my required search. However this will take me a long time. If there is an easier apprach then please let me know. Regards camron What version of excel? How are you searching? In later versions of Excel, you can select multiple sheets and have Edit|Fin...

Excell won't open
I have produced a series of spreadsheets this morning. (Excel 2003) on my laptop. Have been saving them on a shared network folder. I have come to open them again and all I get is a the excel background with no worksheet. They all opened fine earlier this morning. Every other machine on the network can open the spreadsheets (from this location) just fine. I can open other spreadsheets from that same folder that I produced on other days. If I copy this morning's spreadsheets to my laptop, they still won't open. In all other aspects Excel works fine. If I save a new workshee...

Mailing labels with Excel
Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my boss is ready to strangle me. "=?Utf-8?B?d3poNTU=?=" <wzh55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9BC76531-F377-47AF-A0D6-B753297A7A90@microsoft.com: > Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my > boss is ready to strangle me. > Use Excel as a database for labels in Word. That would be the quickest solution, I suppose. -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) Use excel to hold your data and MSWord to print the labels. You ...