First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)

Hello,
I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return
an index of the first cell in Selection Cell.

I have something like this:
Range1.Select
"and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1"
I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range
or returning an index of the first cell??
Thanks for answet
Marcin

0
mar_male (1)
3/20/2006 1:42:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe

range1(1).select
or
range1.cells(1).select
or
range1.cells(1,1).select

--

Dave Peterson
0

removing rows.
How to remove rows in one sheet according to values (text) entered in another sheet. If I do not enter text "PTA" (but anything else) in a sheet named "Input Data", on another sheet named "2 Page" these rows (11,12,13,14,15,16,17, 20,21,22,23,24,25) should dissappear. Also If I enter anything else, other than word "Vertical" in cell F3 of "Input Data", rows 101,103,105,107,109,111,113 should dissappear in the sheet named "2 Page" when these conditions not true I want these rows to re-appear. If I need to use ma...

count a pair of numbers in row in a table
Hello, my question is: we have the following table: 34 29 13 15 7 15 8 40 11 24 13 6 8 21 38 9 17 23 1 4 22 38 42 37 16 1 18 11 37 41 5 42 18 33 45 9 1 21 41 15 41 1 27 23 42 23 29 7 38 18 42 12 26 34 36 and this one in another sheet 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want to fill the second table with the sum of how many times the numbers if each row and column appear in the same row in the first table. for example: how many time the numbers 2 and 3 appear together in the same row on the first table Nik, Assume t...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Calculate in SELECT
How do I get: SELECT ((127/153)*100) AS percentage to return 83 (or so)? Regards /Morten select cast((127*1.0/153*1.0) * 100 as int) as percentage DECLARE @Value DECIMAL(10,2) SET @Value = CONVERT(DECIMAL(10,2), 127) / CONVERT(DECIMAL(10,2), 153) * 100 SELECT @Value OR SELECT (127 * 100)/(153) -Eric Isaacs Add a .0 to the 127. SELECT ((127.0/153)*100) -- Thanks Michael Coles SQL Server MVP Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption" (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649) ---------------- "Snedker" <morten.snedker@gmail.com&...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

OFFSET problems in dynamic range
Hi, I'm having the strangest problem with the OFFSET function. I have 5 dynamic ranges in my worksheet. Aimline =OFFSET('Weekly ORF'!$F$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$F:$F)-1,1) Sessions =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$D$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$E:$E)-1,1) WCPM =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$G$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$G:$G)-1,1) Date =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!Aimline,0,-1) Date2 =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!WCPM,0,-1) The problem is that the two names for Date and Date2 keep reverting to =OFFSET ('Excel Template.xls'!Aimline,0,-1) and =OFFSET (&#...

first row
Hi group Im using excel as a telephone database (cannot get my head around access). Anyway with my first row which has name, contact number etc etc, I would like to always keep visible, so as when I scroll down the list of names I can always see this first row, is this possible? or do I have use access?? TIA -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com S...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

Select non-consecutive rows
Hi, Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. -- Thanks! Dee Hi only possible with VBA in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:23B3F46E-C956-4FCC-9880-08B9A200B3A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I > want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. > > > -- > Tha...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Conditional Cell Fill?
Hello, Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? Thanks, Rusty Look at conditional formatting in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rusty Williamson" <rusty@uno.sd.znet.com> wrote in message news:RUGlb.45764$Z86.33887@twister.socal.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? > > Thanks, > Rusty > > ...

Landscape selected but printout persists in portrait. How to fix?
Occasionally, I have had a spreadsheet I created in landscape layout revert somehow to portrait. It still indicates that it is in landscape in the page setup menu but it print previews and prints in poitrait. I've tried copying the page to a new workbook, but it takes the portrait layout with it. Short of manually moving all my data to a new worksheet, what can I do to get back my landscape layout? excel page setup settings are different than your printer settings. sometimes one will override the other. i'd check them both. hth susan On Dec 2, 1:22=A0pm, R.Lamki...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Basic INDEX(MATCH()) Question:
I am currently using an INDEX() function to do a basic data retrieval by specifying both the collumn and rows. INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) p1rn1 is C2:AE28 the 1,18 retrieves what is in cell T3 in cell Q:S3 (Cells Q3 -> S3 are merged) is the text string "Weap Dam Rec" Is it possible to use INDEX(p1rn1,MATCH("Weap Dam Rec",?,?),?) to find the data in T3, if so, what is the wording of the function? If INDEX() can't do it, is there anyhting that can? for the billionth time Thanks Adam Hi! > INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) > > p1rn1 is C2:AE28 > > the 1,18 retrieves ...

Counting number of rows based on mutiple criteria
Does anyone know how to count the number of rows based on mutiple criteria on other columns? For example I want to count the number row that meet the criteria of "Yes" in Col 2 and "Yes" in Col 3. The result would be 2 in the example below. I tried different combinations of Vlookup, Countif and Sumif and could not come up with anything that worked. Col 1 Col2 Col3 A Yes No B Yes Yes C No No D No Yes E Yes Yes Your help is greatly appreciated! Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10=&qu...

calculation of cells
Periodically I open a work book and the calculation option has been changed to manual and I cannot figure out why. It seems that it would have to be done by a user and most of my spreadsheets are only used by me. Any ideas out there Mark, Calculation, auto or manual, is set by the first workbook that's opened. It is that way for any other workbooks opened in that instance of excel. Look for a workbook you might have opened first that's been set to Manual and saved that way. Go figure. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------...

returning vlookup values for blank cells
I have a spreadsheet that lists "soccer players" by name down the first colunm and "time in game" across the top and the position they play in array. I then use vlookup for another spreedsheet by "position" down the first column, time across the top and puts the players name into the positions. All this works fine. Since there are 5 more kids than positions, the orginal spreedsheet has blanks when the kids are out of the game. How do I use vlookup or other to extract the 5 sub'd out kids at the bottom of the 2nd spreadsheet? It only returns the nam...

Skip blank cells in diagrams
How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0' but just to skip the cell. You can include the function NA() in that field and the zero value for the data won't be displayed. "hlp" <hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FF83D9F-F13E-4815-BDDE-26F44F2E6BE1@microsoft.com... > How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among > these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

"Move to bottom of range"
Hello, I have some code that adds the contents of one sheet to the end of another. How do I correctly select the first empty cell below the first sheet that I want to add data to? Something like ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select 'Move to bottom of range ^^^ This is where I need work. Can I simply perform a cursor key move down one cell? How do I code cursor key operations? Hi, It is very unlikely that you will need to select a cell to do what you want but here's a couple of methods Select empty cell after last used cell in col A R...