Finding last accessed point of time to a list of files

Hey guys
This is a "funny" one

In my folder "FILES" there are lots of files.I want to check which
files beeing used within a period of time (speaking of some minutes).
Some - not all - of these files are used by another application (some
3D-drawing application).

Now I want to check which files beeing used by this application by
checking the accessed point of time.
I think the application maybe work this way in order to give me some
trace to follow.

As a final result I will separate (informly) the used files from the
not-used files in the application-session.

Any ideas out there?

Best regards
Snoopy
0
Snoopy
12/3/2009 2:55:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I wouldn't use excel for this.

Instead, I'd open windows explorer
Traverse to the drive and folder that contained my files.
Show the files (show the details, view|details if you're not seeing them)
Then rightclick on the headers for the columns
(like rightclicking on the column letters in Excel)
If you don't see Date Accessed, click on More in that list of properties.

Select all the dates you want to see.

Now you can click on any of those headers and sort (ascending or descending) by
that column.

You'll be able to select the files you want by clicking on the topmost and
shiftclicking on the bottom most (and all the files in between will be selected)
--  Just like selecting a range in excel(!).

Then you can move/cut/copy anything you want.

=======
All this could be done in excel, but I bet you'd be done before you even got the
code copied into the code window and did a few tests.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Snoopy wrote:

> Hey guys
> This is a "funny" one
>
> In my folder "FILES" there are lots of files.I want to check which
> files beeing used within a period of time (speaking of some minutes).
> Some - not all - of these files are used by another application (some
> 3D-drawing application).
>
> Now I want to check which files beeing used by this application by
> checking the accessed point of time.
> I think the application maybe work this way in order to give me some
> trace to follow.
>
> As a final result I will separate (informly) the used files from the
> not-used files in the application-session.
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> Best regards
> Snoopy

0
Bob
12/3/2009 5:02:21 PM
On 3 Des, 18:02, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Enable the "Date Accessed" column in Windows Explorer.
>

> Snoopywrote:
> > Hey guys
> > This is a "funny" one
>
> > In my folder "FILES" there are lots of files.I want to check which
> > files beeing used within a period of time (speaking of some minutes).
> > Some - not all - of these files are used by another application (some
> > 3D-drawing application).
>
> > Now I want to check which files beeing used by this application by
> > checking the accessed point of time.
> > I think the application maybe work this way in order to give me some
> > trace to follow.
>
> > As a final result I will separate (informly) the used files from the
> > not-used files in the application-session.
>
> > Any ideas out there?
>
> > Best regards
> >Snoopy=96 Skjul sitert tekst =96
>
> =96 Vis sitert tekst =96

Thanks guys
I have to think about that one ....
Regards Snoopy
0
Snoopy

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Reporting from Project Server

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

File size #11

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Break Even Point
Hello, Is there a formula to calculate a break even point? Scenario: Rate ranges are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc. Eg: Shipper has load that weighs 990 lbs. What is the break even point to move the load forward into the next cheaper range. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated. "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on the problem? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

Access to User Calendar

Object pivot point
Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a square to rotate about each corner. Thanks, Dave B You really need to invest in a drawing program. Serif has a free offering, DrawPlus 4. If you want the full feature version 6 it is $10.00. I use CorelDraw, it is simply a matter of moving the pivot point to the corner. I can't be sure Serif has this feature. I do know Publisher does not. You can use ruler guides to place your object and use the "format autoshape" to control the amount ...

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Trouble in Save existing file
Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveDocument() to save configuration file of my application. Trouble is when I open existing file, edit, and try to save it as the same name, it compains like "Access to file was denied" and I can't save it. But it can be saved as a new name by SaveAs menu. One other thing is this trouble is happening only in Window2000 PCs. It just works well in Window 98. The application is developed in Windows 2000 and I am using Flags like OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST | OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST; Please help. Bob NZ >Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveD...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...