Find team name with highest winning % over multiple years (worksheets)

I am sorting team win/loss data with each year having its own
worksheet.  On a separate worksheet I list the top 5 highest winning %
by using LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14).  I would like to put the team name
and worksheet name in the column adjacent to this.  The winning %
column is four columns to the right of the team name column.  I tried
using OFFSET(LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14),0,-4), but excel is complaining
that the formula I'm entering contains an error.  VLookup doesn't
appear to work because it will only search on the first column (which
is the team name column).  I also tried MATCH, but it doesn't look
like thats the right fit for multiple worksheets.  I'm aware I could
have winning percentage as the leftmost column but I'll run into the
same problem when I try to calculate the highest points scored in a
year.

Here is an example of what two of the worksheets would look like:

Name   W   L   T   %   Pts
A          4    5   1   .45  10
B          6    4   0   .6    12
C          2    7   1   .25   8

2009
===================

Name   W   L   T   %   Pts
A          1    9   0   .1    5
B          7    3   0   .7    15
C          5    5   0   .5    10

2008

In my case, what I'm trying to do is show that 70% was the highest
winning percentage ever and that Team B in 2008 achieved it.  As I
stated, I'm able to find the winning percentage but am at a loss as to
how to associate that with a Team and worksheet.

Thanks for any help.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Multiple Quick Parts
When I was using Outlook 2003 I had several toolbar each embedded with several macros to enter "pre-packaged" text and graphics into a message. Now with Outlook 2007, such toolbars have been replaced with Quick Parts. The problem is, I have way too many items I need to keep available. If I add them all as Quick Parts entries, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll to find the one I want. Previously, I all I had to do was click a single button and, Boom, there it was. Since it looks like I will be stuck with the scrolling to some degree, is it possible to put...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

Testing for ODBC names
Hi all I want to get a list of ODBC connections, and then pick one - the point is, that the connection I am looking for might be spelled differently (e.g. with space). So with a list I can find it eaily. Any suggestions? Sonnich The ODBC connections i a workbook are the queries you created. the appear in the workbook names. So you can search through the names. Youcan see the named in one of two palces 1) Insert Name define 2) File Property custom You can also find all the queries in a workbook and then look at the conenction property. for each sht in sheets for ...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

excel database 25,000 plus names
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 If this is just a datastore, then yes, it is better in Access and wh...

Select rows meeting criteria into another worksheet?
Is this possible? Users will enter records of work into a GeneralEntry spreadsheet. Each record includes a Client field, which they fill using a dropdown. Records are entered as work is completed, so client rows are not grouped together. A set of additional worksheets, one for each client, automatically display only the rows from GeneralEntry which contain the client's name in the Client field. Each of the client sheets should perform summary calculations on just the rows appearing in the client sheet, and display the results above the detail rows. I have tried using filtered l...

insert worksheet
How do you insert a worksheet after the last worksheet? I just insert the sheet normally, by right-click > Insert > Sheet and this puts it one sheet to the left of my last sheet so then I just left-click on it and drag it over into the proper place at the right end..........if you are copying an entire sheet, then there is an option in the process allowing you to select where to put it...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AD09FA-FF11-4E85-928B-EB973AFFFBD9@microsoft.com... > How do you insert a workshe...

Where can I find an invoice template with hourly rate calculated?
I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate calculated and a total of all. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that >will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate >calculated and a total of all. >. > Office templates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Having been the owner of a small (1 person) cabinet business for a number of years (http://www.moderncab...

Multiple choices for a cell
I am creating a worksheet which deals with employee or job candidates qualifications. Each cell will hold the various details pertaining to a person's qualifications. Different people have different degrees. This will be all stored in a single cell and separated by a comma. Is it possible to create some sort of custom or drop down box which contains controls or check boxes so as to create a standardised list of qualifications the data entry clerk can choose from? For example, i would like a cell to have a drop down box, which is a field that displays the qualifications a particular gra...

Msoft 'onecarescan' finds 2 high 1 medium .. but NO fix
Ive run the Microsoft One Care Scan . its reporting 3 issues it 'cannot' fix Browser modifier win32/BaiduSobar trojanDownloader Win32/QQHelper.KA these 2 are showing a path to a received file ha_winvideocapture_jy.exe (which I can see in the rx file file list ) Program Win32/ PigSerch is also found As far as I know , the exe file has not been run (by me) ..looking on the web seems there is no simple way to remove these from the pc ? AVG dose not report the file or the pigserch ... Q whats the best path to take .. I have d...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

Custom View: Keeping worksheet hidden?
(Excel 2003) I've got a workbook with several worksheets (some hidden). I'd like to use "custom views" to basically set the print/page setup for each worksheet---the setup varies per sheet. Custom view allows me to do this, but it also unhides the worksheets. Question: Is there anyway to keep a Custom View from hidding/unhiding a worksheet? I tried saving the view with the sheet hidden and unhidden, but when I select the view, it shows everything as the view was saved. Problem is, the worksheets that are hidden are unhidden by other events....the custom view is interfering ...

How to have multiple columns in excel that will expand and colaps.
I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like for the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view that level of data. Is there a method of doing this. It's hard to understand what you are wanting from what you say. Provide some detail about what the data looks like at the start, then what it looks like after expanding and then what it looks like after collapsing. Don't attach a file to your post. Just describe what you have and want. HTH Otto "columnhelp" <columnhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Hurry Up,Free Check of $367 With Your Name.
Hurry Up,Free Check of $367 With Your Name. Open Below Website and Click on any one Red Text link and Enter your Payee Name and Address where to get your Check. http://googleadsense-toppayingkeywords.blogspot.com/ ...

How to upload multiple batches of photos?
Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once. One at a time takes forever. Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder? "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote: >Can't find how to upload multiple photos at once. One at a time takes >forever. > >Also, how does one rename the Home Page photo folder? You can select as many photos as desired by holding the shift key and left clicking each. To select multiple contiguous photos in the Gallery, hold shift, left click the first, then left click the last. All in between will now be selec...

How do I send a group list without the actual names showing?
Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: 1) Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. 2) Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman "Cindy" wrote: > Thanks! ...

Advanced Find won't open
I have a user who has started having this issue this week: She clicks on the Advanced Find button and nothing happens - the Advanced Find form doesn't pop up and she doesn't get any error messages. I'm trying to verify whether or not she has a Yahoo/Google toolbar installed that is doing popup blockers on crm; however, when we've had Yahoo/Google toolbar problems in the past, users couldn't even get to the main page in crm. Hi, We occasionally have that happen to a user here for no apparent reason. I've found uninstalling and then re-installing CRM on the affec...

Sign in name not associated with this file!
I have been searching all over the WWW for software to crack the password since I thought I screwed up something. I was about to buy some software that crack's the password's, but good thing I checked here first!! Unfortunately i have to say that I am glad I am not the only one.... Hopefully with all of us sending requests to Microsoft, this will be resolved soon.. I also sent a message via the " Microsoft Online Assisted Support. I hope my file is not compromised after this is fixed, because I will be really pissed.. and would end up throwing away about 2 years of deta...

multiple range in SUM,IF
=SUM(IF(('13b'!A3:A75="Customer 1")*('13b'!C3:C75="QAR")*('13b'!H3:H75>31<=93),('13b'!F3:F75),"")) Im above array formula, 3rd criteria i am trying to set range > 31 AND <=93 but it doesnt work .. could anyone help ?? =SUM(IF(('13b'!A3:A75="Customer 1")*('13b'!C3:C75="QAR")*('13b'!H3:H75>31)*('13b'!H3:H75<=93),('13b'!F3:F75),"")) as an array formula or (not an array formula) either =SUMPRODUCT(('13b'!A3:A75="Customer ...

How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells?
How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells? codeslinger, =MIN(A1:A10), Min will ignore blank cells if you have a number in one cell -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "codeslinger" <codeslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69AD1DAE-BC84-47BF-8A0F-F56D2EAFD316@microsoft.com... > How do I find the minimum NONBLANK value in a sequence of cells? =min(a1:a10) =m...

EMERGENCY!!! Fiscal Year Closing
I have just been told that my company did NOT close the fiscal year and have started recording sales for the new fiscal year. I know that the data is date sensitive. can I adjust the date and time on my machine to the last day of the FY and then close? My fiscal year is 12/1/2006 - 11/30/2007 Company failed to close fiscal year. Tells me 01/03/2008 Have customers who purchased after 12/1/2007 Will this only move the amounts upto the FY date to history or will all amounts (yearly summary, etc...) reflect 0.00? From version 8 on the sales and payables series have had date sensitive ...

Multiple sending of jpg or bitmaps
i send many cad drawings to clients. I scanned them in paperworks to my computer then send them to outlook express. outlook sends the drawing in 1-100 emails in data form then sometimes collapes it back together to one email on the sender's end. tried everything known but to know avail. ...

possible to use vlookup with multiple lookup values?
I'd like to use two columns of data to look up values. In my main table, I have A1=foo, B1=bar In my look up table, I have A1=foo, B1=bar and C1=123. I'd like to create a vlookup that will populate C1 in my main table based on the contents of cells A1 and B1. Is this possible? Try one of these: If foo and bar will be a *unique combination* and the value to be returned is numeric: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1),--(Sheet2!B1:B10=B1),Sheet2!C1:C10) Or, this generic array entered** version (returns both text and numbers): =INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1)*(Sheet2!B...

httpcontext.current.user.identity.name
Is there any way to get the value from httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your web.config is set to "forms"? On Feb 8, 8:38=A0pm, Doogie <dnlwh...@dtgnet.com> wrote: > Is there any way to get the value from > httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your > web.config is set to "forms"? Yes, it should return a name. Please follow the article on MSDN on how to implement Forms-Based Authentication in ASP.NET application http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301240 Hope this helps ...