Find/Found

Can not get Found to respond. Object: Get PersonName in Sheet2, Go to
Sheet1, Find PersonName. If Found put PersonName & address into Sheet2
Else put PersonName in Sheet3. Sheet2 has no address. Sheet1 has most,
but not all names that are in Sheet2

Tried:
Set Found = Nothing
Set Found = Cells.Find(PersonName)
..
Cells.Find(What:=PersonName.....
If Found Nothing Then ..

Thanks again for all your help,
Gordon

0
gwelch1938 (25)
7/18/2007 12:25:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Cells.Find("PersonName")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can not get Found to respond. Object: Get PersonName in Sheet2, Go to
> Sheet1, Find PersonName. If Found put PersonName & address into Sheet2
> Else put PersonName in Sheet3. Sheet2 has no address. Sheet1 has most,
> but not all names that are in Sheet2
>
> Tried:
> Set Found = Nothing
> Set Found = Cells.Find(PersonName)
> .
> Cells.Find(What:=PersonName.....
> If Found Nothing Then ..
>
> Thanks again for all your help,
> Gordon

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Publisher has problem finding printer
Hi, Publisher has a problem printing on network. Sometimes it just comes up saying: "Publisher cannot print due to a printing problem Press f1" And gives no indication what the error is. Other times it says it can't find the printer (even though printer is listed in print set up box) The Printer is HP cp 1700 and has latest printer drivers and printer has name less than 8 chars long with no spaces. (response to earlier message posted) We also found if we saved work to another directory of network it would print. Any help would be really appreciated. What versio...

How to find the most common numbers?
I have 300 number groups and each group has 22 different numbers (from 1 to 80). I want to find 5 (or more) numbers that occur together the most. Can I find these numbers by excel, macro, VBA or any program? for example, let us suppose that 4-15-23-36-45 are the most common numbers and these numbers are in 8 groups from 300. Is it possible , I added my file to explain my question in detail, Thanks +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: find common numbers1.zip | |Download: http://www.officefrustration.com/attach...

(CStringList)...folder_list.Find(...) problem.
Hello all, I hope this is in the right place this time.... MFC. I am trying to create a basic app with a treeview control that displays just the folders of the hard drive... This part i have achieved but with bugs (sort of) so far i have only been iterating through the HDD contents with a simple while loop but i really need to test against the drives contents - so i don't repeat the folders in my list - It displays about 50 Windows and Westwood Folders at the end of the list. Im trying to use: <CStringList variable>.Find(.....); to test weather or not the folder that is abou...

HELP My Inventory has disappeared
Dear Readers Now you see it - now you don't !! I have been using Money for over 1 year and all of a sudden my home inventory has disappeared. The box is still checked to include in the net worth summary, but it no longer appears in the report? My Money version is Version 14.0.120.1105 ( a UK version, perhaps?) I've spent a lot of time to develop all the accounts only to loose the inventory at the last hurdle...please help In microsoft.public.money, josh8176 wrote: >Dear Readers >Now you see it - now you don't !! >I have been using Money for over 1 year and all of ...

Finding cells with leading characters
My spreadsheet looks like this: A 1 000000 2 182068 3 198506 4 200081 5 368010 6 580905 7 680001 8 686850 9 690060 10 700012 11 701068 12 802054 13 920211 14 968902 Using EDIT/FIND, when I enter '68' in the "Find What:" box, Excel finds A2, A5, A7, A8, A11 and A14 because their values contain '68'. What do I enter in the "Find What:" box to find the cells whose values BEGIN with '68'? (In this example, it would find ...

Fresh install
I just installed CRM 3.0. SQL checks out, I can see the tables. When I type \\localhost\crm, \\localhost\5555, \\localhost, etc. I get a "Page Not Found" error. Win 2003 SP1 IIS 6.0 SQL 2005 Any ideas? Thanks. If you took the option 'Create new web site' during install, the URL when running on the server will be http://localhost:5555 (or https://localhost:5555 if you have SSL) "TLMc" wrote: > I just installed CRM 3.0. SQL checks out, I can see the tables. When I type > \\localhost\crm, \\localhost\5555, \\localhost, etc. I get a "Page No...

Find cells without multiple spacebars and format...
Hi all (warning novice approaching).... I'm writing VBE code and I want to find cells in column A where the text entered does not start with 5 spacebars eg: Alligators aren't always aggressive... Blue bulls blow big... Great grapes grow .... Pink pigs put purple.... In the above example I need the code to pick up the "The quick brown Fox...." row and the "Great grapes grow..." row and make them bold. The "Blue Bulls" row and the "Pink pigs" row stay unbold. I've tried the following code but it makes all active cells bold.....

Upgraded browser
Just upgraded my browser from MSIE 4 to MSIE 6.1 - have opened Outlook Express but cannot find any of my old e- mails (or even the folders). Any suggestions? Paul This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=U...

Linking files "File Not Found"
I have linked two worksheets. When I open the file and tell it to update all links the it tells me "File Not Found" if I search for the file and select it then it say "Macro1 not found on {File Name} (this is the name of my file). Then I hit OK on the pop up messages and eventually I get to my page and it's all updated. If I just hit cancel when it tells me the file isn't found then I go right to my page and it's all linked. If the links work then why is it telling me that the files arent' found and how can avoid it. It's really annoying. ...

Web Page not Found
When Outlook loads initially, before it tries to download any messages, I get the following popup: The web page could not be found. This error could have been caused by a bad or misspelled URL; following an invalid link; or your network connection and/or transient conditions on the Internet. To check the URL, choose the Home Page on the Properties dialog. When it is displayed, the preview pane is blank but in the background is the previous Inbox display. Once I click OK, then Outlook loads the preview pane and starts to download my mail messages. This sounds more like an IE message tha...

find idmso custom tab in ribbon
Hi, Does any one know how i can find the idmso for a custom tab? In would like to hide a tab wich is created bij an add in so i'ts is not a default tab like idsmo="Tabhome" thanx first thing is a custom tab not have a idmso, it have a id. "mso" part mean built in Excel control or tab. next even you know id you cannt hide tab make by other addin. your ribbonx cannot change ribbonx in other workbook or addin. you can do a ribbon with startfromscratch and that clear all other tabs. but you have to make sure your workbook open after the other addin e...

Where can I find symbols for telephone, fax, and email to insert .
Insert | Symbols... | Font = Wingdings Or, if you want clipart, search Google Images for a telephone, etc Regards Trevor "Bomar" <Bomar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FDCFCC6-2BD4-4C72-9793-89667F0B0F09@microsoft.com... > Take a look at: Font Tables as Rendered by your browser http://wwww.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm Webdings char(201) and Char(202) wingdings 2 char(39) and Char(55) Please include complete question in the text body, even if you have to copy and paste the entire content. Just so we know ...

Find and Delete duplicates in Excel
I am new to Excel. In an Excel spreadsheet is there a way to automatically search the list for all duplicate terms and delete the duplicates. I am developing a list of medical codes and after compiling the list with over 20,000 terms, I need to quick way to identify and delete duplicate terms. Dan Hi use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' >-----Original Message----- >I am new to Excel. In an Excel spreadsheet is there a way >to automatically search the list for all duplicate terms >and delete the duplicates. I am developing a lis...

find entry where id doesn't have a certain entry in another field
I need help with a query. In a table each id can have more than one output_device, but must have at least an entry for 'RECS'. How can I identify id's that don't have an entry where output_device = 'RECS'? Example, id of 567 is ok, but I want to get id 459 because it doesn't have an entry for RECS: id output_device 567 RECS 567 IA3 459 IM7 459 TR4 Thanks for any ideas! SELECT DISTINCT A.id FROM [your_table] AS A LEFT JOIN ( SELECT DISTINCT id FROM [your_table] WHERE output_device = 'RECS') AS B ...

Outlook 2000 can't find Word for email editor
I run XP Home and Outlook ran Word as editor until recently, now when I go to set Word as email editor, it says can't fing it or that Word is busy and cannot link...is there a way to point Outlook to Word.exe? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319796 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196871 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q223934 -- Russ Va...

syntax problem
hi all,i have error message - Too few parameters - but the record existent so i think that the problem on the syntax:Private Sub CmdExecute_Click() Dim dbs As Database Dim rsSupplier As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set dbs = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT * from Supplier " strSQL = strSQL & " where supplier_name = " & Me!Supplier_Name Set rsSupplier = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL) rsSupplier.Close Set cn = NothingEnd Sub If supplier_name is a text string (as I would strongly suspect), then you need string delimiters around your Where par...

Finding duplicate records
Hi all. Some help please. Every month I inherit a spreadsheet I have to work with. It is compiled by people who are not very computer literate and at times contains many errors. I am required to find these errors and send the repaired spreadsheet onto someone else. The spreadsheet is a simple spreadsheet using colums A through to W. What I need to do is to find the duplicate records, identify which of those duplicate records contains a value of $60.00 in a certain column then paste those duplicate records with that value into a new worksheet. The relevant information is: 1. Dupli...

find date last used, deativate if older than 12 months
Hi All, I have a new task to add to my DB, I need to deactivate some customers we have if they have not conducted any business with us for more than 12 months. I have a customer tbl with Customer name and Active fields ' this is the one i need to update ' i have a Jobs tbl with customer name, dispatch date. I need to find the last time a customers job was here, and if it is more than 12 months then deactivate the customer, and create a report list of all the customers just deactivated. I can use VBA to loop through the Jobs tbl but am unsure of the code to use to do ...

The search is on to find an Australian Bank supporting OFX
For those Australians who maybe interested, I am conducting a search for any banks that will take up OFX support in the near future. So far the banks and instits. I have contacted are: Combank Westpac ANZ Esanda Citibank St George National Bank Suncorp Bank of Queensland Bendigo Bank Heritage Building Society IMB Encompass Credit Union Australian National Credit Union Discovery Queenslanders Credit Union I will let those interested know, by posting in this news group, any information that is helpful from this search. KJTV wrote: > For those Australians who maybe interested, I am con...

how to lock the find and replace dialog box in a corner
In Office 97 Excel, the find and replace dialog box could be moved out the field of view and it would stay there even afer to programe was closed. The next time it was turned on it was where it had been the last time. With office 2003 Excel, the box will be in the middlw of the screen. After it is moved, it will stay where it was moved as long as to program is open. After being closed and re-opened, the box will be back in the center of the screen. Is there a way to keep the box where it was moved to like it did in excel '97? ...

Drive Not Found on 98SE bootup
For the first time ever, when I bootup 98SE, I get a "Drive not Found", insert boot floppy then press any key, nothing happens. When I reboot the machine with the boot floppy in it, I get the 3 possibility error choice before the "A" prompt. either not a valid Fat32 partition, create another partition, or a virus. I just spent 3 hours performing a complete virus + spyware scan, no problems. I am not a techie so the other two make no sense since the computer has been working perfectly all along. I also perform a Scandisk from the boot floppy, everything is fine. I wa...

Contact in GAL but nowhere to be found?
Hi We have Exchange 2003 and 5.5 with the ADC between them. From a mailbox on the 2003 server I go to send s new message. I click New - To, to open the GAL. In the GAL I see an entry called ExampleContact. This is a Contact or Custom recipient as in Exchange 5.5. However, if I do a search in AD or on the Exchange 5.5 box, there is no such an object. If I click "Add to Contact", it appears as:/o=Organisation Name/ou=Site Name/cn=Recipients/cn=ExampleContact. This looks like the Exchange 5.5 path for what used to be a Custoom Recipient. Is there a way for me to find this entry somw...

supressing "item not found" error
I'm using the following code to display a report (where the contents of the IN() statement are built by code not shown here...) essentially it works; with one exception: It is possible that an item included (in the IN()), may not have any related records to display in the report; this returns the error "item not found". How can I suppress the error? Alternately, I could write code that would check for the existence of the item in the collection as the IN() statement is being built... Any thoughts, suggestions? DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , [T...

How do I find Outlook 2007 archive folders that disappeared?
I set up archive folders and could view them, stored onto a spearate hard disk.Today, when Outlook loaded, the archive folder group has disappearedd from view and I do not know how to find/restore.Any ideas? Check again in Folder Tree View Otherwise, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File.........browse to the location and open the Archive If the location is an external drive, if that drive is not connected when you start Outlook, OL will complain "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5564BC1C-D07C-4820-8CC4-C585F6E7DB5D@microsoft.com... >...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs