Find and delete text in a table

Hi all,

I have a table say 10 columns long by 5 columns high. There may be
text repeated sporadically throughout the table. As an example, if I
decide that row 1 is "negative" then I want each text field (10
columns) in row one and all the text fields like them thoughout the
table to be deleted. But, alas, I can't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Nov 18, 10:29=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a table say 10 columns long by 5 columns high. There may be
> text repeated sporadically throughout the table. As an example, if I
> decide that row 1 is "negative" then I want each text field (10
> columns) in row one and all the text fields like them thoughout the
> table to be deleted. But, alas, I can't figure out how to do it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Send your file with a complete explanation and before/after examples
to dguillett1        @gmail.com
0
dguillett11 (103)
11/19/2011 11:44:57 PM
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:29:45 -0800 (PST), Dave
<Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a table say 10 columns long by 5 columns high. There may be
>text repeated sporadically throughout the table. As an example, if I
>decide that row 1 is "negative" then I want each text field (10
>columns) in row one and all the text fields like them thoughout the
>table to be deleted. But, alas, I can't figure out how to do it.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave

Can you use vba code to accomplish your task?  If so, the replace
method will replace all instances of a string with a different value,
or you could just use looping to plow through the array cell by cell.

dave y.
0
nospam327 (48)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

CFile (delete file)

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

parameter for text

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

item class table

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

find data and autopaste when found

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

Outlook 2003
Hi Is it possible to order the deleted items by date of deletion in outlook 2003? Many thanks Lee Lee Atkinson <leeatkinsonlincs@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to order the deleted items by date of deletion in > outlook 2003? Use the Field Chooser to add the Modified time to the Deleted Items folder header bar (the one that says "From", "Subject", "Received", etc. and sort on that time. Deleting an item is a modification, so I would expect the modified date to be affected, giving you the most accurate value of the item's deleted time....

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

How do I delete a custom attribute.
Help! I created a custom attribute in the Contact Entity of my Microsoft CRM on my production server and it has a typo. I would really like to rename it or delete it but there is no obvious way. I have also looked through MSDN etc and have found no reference to it (creating yes, deleting editing, no). Thanks in advance. Unfortunately it is not possible to edit or delete schema fields in MS CRM 1.2 "MagKip" <mkipiniak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2f1d4940.0409080656.65b00dde@posting.google.com... > Help! I created a custom attribute in the Contact Entity of my &...