Financial Modeling (Excel) Question

I am taking an online finance class, and was wondering if someone can
help me out or point me to an appropriate financial modeling forum.

Question:
There's some company. Given Ending Cash Balance for May. Also given
Collections and Payments for June, July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov.

a) How do I calculate the Ending Cash Balance for each month? I
THOUGHT the formula is:

Ending Cash Balance for May
+ Collection for June
- Disbursement for June
+ Current Borrowing
---------------------------------
= Ending Cash Balance for June

This is the formula given in the book. Please corrent me if i'm
wrong.
My question is, I do not have Disbursement and also Current Borrowing,
so I do I calculate the Ending Cash Balance?

b) If the company must maintain a cash balance of at least X amount,
how much will they need to borrow each month? This one is simple and I
should know.

c) If the firm must pay 8% annual interest on its short-term
borrowing? How des this affect the Ending Cash Balance for each month?
I just don't know how to do this one.

d) How would the Ending Cash Balance change if company uses cash
excess of the minimum to pay off its short-term borrowing each month?

Thanks!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Exchange 2007 disk space question
Hi, We have around 500 mailboxes and our Mailbox database is getting very large. We may soon be running low on disk space on the server. The server is attached to a SAN but the SAN is pretty much full. We cannot asign more space to the drives where the database store sits. We are using LCR. Can we move the store to another network location or does the disk have to be attached to the exchange server. Does moving the mailboxes to a newly created store really get much space back. When a consultant did our migration from 2003 to 2007 a couple of years ago I did not notice mu...

Error message when copying Excel Pie Chart to Word (in Office 2007
I am getting an error and Excel is shutting down when I try to copy/ paste special (as a bitmap, or windows metafile, or picture, etc) a pie chart using colored data labels for each part of the chart. If I turn off these label by color boxes and just use a plain label or a lable with a line, the copy/paste special works fine. These pie charts were created in Excel 2003 and then the file was converted to Excel 2007 format. The Word version that I am using is 2007, but the file is still in compatibility mode with a 2003 word file. (I also tried this using 2007 to 2007 type files and it ga...

Best Book for an Investment Banker to Learn Excel
I'm going to be starting my career shortly as an i-banker (~in a month) and, as much as it pains me to say, I definetly don't feel as though my knowledge of Excel is where it should/needs to be. What are some good books for someone who is relatively unfamiliar with Excel? I have about a month until I start and really want to get on it. I already picked up a macros book and have been playing around with that, but I am running into some problems as my knowledge of Excel is not that great. I've been reading some bad reviews about "Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Step by Step&quo...

Exporting to Excel
When we export from smartlist to Excel, it opens a new "instance" of Excel every time. This is not desirable since we already have a workbook open that we need to copy the exported worksheet into, but it doesn't show up as an option to move because the exported workbook opens in a new instance every time. This did not happen before applying GP SP2 . . . but now it does. Any ideas how to change this behavior so that the exported workbook opens in the same instance of Excel that is already open? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentatio...

Training Senior Volunteers Basic Excel data entry
As the IT Director for a county commissioner, I've been asked to visit our rural office today to give a "training" to 5 volunteers on data entry using Excel 2003. The volunteers have little or no experience using Office or Excel..... Any suggestions as to the best Microsoft "Help" web link that would be best suited for educated, senior (65+ yrs old) folks, using Excel for data entry. The problem with most of the Help links is so much information overload........ Basically looking for the best KIS (Keep It Simple) Excel, Word and/or Outlook help link...............

How do I create a dashboard using Excel 2003?
I understand from a Microsoft article that I can create dashboards using Excel 2003. Can someone show me how? Visit Charley Kyd's site: http://exceluser.com Note that a dashboard is a way to present useful information, graphic and tabular, within a single screen or page. It is not a way to display fancy dials and gauges which sacrifice information for glitter. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jennifer D" <Jennifer D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Bridgehead Question
Does an Exchange 2003 server that is being used as a bridgehead only have to run the Information Store service? Are there any Exchange services that aren't necessary that can be disabled? This server will be acting as a bridgehead only and won't store any mailboxes. It does have McAfee GroupShield installed to scan all messages passing through it. I know it will scan at the transport level, so having an information store running isn't necessary for it. Thanks, Alan The IS is required since Exchange 2003 mail routing is all SMTP based and the store is used for conversion. ...

If/Then Matrix? Can Excel do this?
Hey guys- got a semi-easy one here... I have a range of dates that I need a specific code associated with each year. For example- if the year is 1982, the code to use in this cell is ..9445. If the year is 1993, the code is .9669, and so on. This will run in a macro eventually. How/where do I write this, and, can Excel do something like this? IE- can Excel 'store' a 'matrix' of codes for each year? I hope this is making sense. Bbtw, it doesnt HAVE TO work in a macro- it'd be pretty cool if it could actually work automatically as soon as the date was entered into a specific...

balance in excel that only shows the last entry
I have a simple formula in cell G4 I have =(g3-c4-d4-e4+f4) When I copy it down for the entire column it shows the last "G" entry all the way down. I want it blank until I fill in c4, d4,ef or f4 (like a checkbook register, but with multiple columns) Try this: =IF(COUNT(C4:F4),G3-C4-D4-E4+F4,"") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mchick" <mchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20EEEDE-E33F-4043-886B-F8B380DCA292@microsoft.com... >I have a simple formula > in cell G4 I have =(g3-c4-d4-e4+f4) > > When I copy it down for the ...

Can't save Excel using Save button,
When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla could not be found. Check spelling of file name and verify that the file location is correct." I have never named any of files by that name and don't know what it refers to. I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel document This may help... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com...

Excel Check Box problem
Hi, I am new to this forum, but in desperate need of some Excel help. I have created a long series of questions and the answers are in th form of "check boxes". If the user clicks the YES checkbox to questions I want to be able to "add" them up, and come up with result, i.e ANSWER. If the user clicked 3 YES and 1 NO, I want different answer to appear. I am not too sure if I am on the right track, as so far I was wonderin if I need to give the TRUE a number and so on? Hope this message is not too confusing. Hope you know what I mean. The new example should help. ...

Excel 2003 #33
I hope that someone can help with this data collection A1 B1 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no A2 B2 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no In another cell for data collection I need to have the data form cell A1 and at the side a total of B1 or B2 etc etc if a1,A2 etc are the same number I hope that I have explained this properly, what it is for is a time sheet where the same job ( a 4 digit no) across a number of days has had various hours spent at this task. I need to have a collection athe base of the report totalling all the hours spent on a particular job ...

PROBLEM
Hi all, It's been a really really long time since I've used Excel, and now need to create charts based on data I've been tracking, however, can't seem to make the charts represent the data in the way I need fo it to show up. Attached is what my data looks like: (also I need different graph for each phone #). Can anyone help me PLEASE !!!!!! need to find a way to do this ASAP. I've tried reformating my dat every which way I can and nothing seems to work. Frustrated in Oklahom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Paste a sample of your data as text in...

Excel for Mac sort question
Is there an add-in or easy way to sort by seven columns rather than by just three columns? Nope. You could sort 3 times in reverse order of importance. Or maybe you could record a macro when you do the 3 sorts and then just rerun that macro when you need the same sort. I don't use Mac's. Can you still record macros in your version of excel? garagecapital wrote: > > Is there an add-in or easy way to sort by seven columns rather than by > just three columns? -- Dave Peterson Hi, Here are 3 solutions if you don't want to do use a macro: 1. Sort the three least i...

thread question
I am using VS 2008. I need to process message on accounts. I would like to create thread for each account, and in each of the account thread, I will do the process in order the message comes in. For example: Accounts 1, 2 and 3. Accounts 1 has 2 messages, account 2 has 3 messages and account 3 has 3 messages. I would like to create 3 thread: 1 for account 1, 1 for account 2, and 1 for account 3. In thread 1 for account 1, I want to process the 2 messages in order they come in: message A, then B In thread 2 for account 2, I want to process the 3 messages in order they come in....

Vote Tracking Question
Dear Outlook 2002 / Exchange 2000 users, * User A sent an e-mail to a distribution list (Entire Office) that included a vote for Option 1 or Option 2. * User A had replies sent to User B. * Many hours later, several members of the staff have voted/replied (with comments by selecting the "Edit the response before sending" radio button). * The replies come through to User B as expected, showing which option they voted for in the header section as well as the comments they made. * However, User A's tracking tab does not show these votes, just an entry for Entire Office (with no...

Simple criteria question
I am not too good at writing SQL, and I don't know how to do this in design view: I would like the results of my query to be equal to ([this] AND [that]) OR [the_other_thing]. I don't know the correct sytnax - please help! Just type your expression (including the brackets) into the Criteria row under the field that you wish apply the criteria to, i.e. ([this] AND [that]) OR [the_other_thing] I'm not sure I understand your goals here. There cannot be any value that will meet the criterion: ([this] AND [that]) i.e. if it's this, it cannot be that at the same time. ...

3 simple questions for the experts
Hi 1. Does Outlook 97 allow you to view newsgroups like Outlook Express 6.0? 2. Does Outlook Express have a calendar function like Outlook 97, so it reminds you of meetings etc..? 3. What should I use over the other: Outlook 97 vs Outlook Express 6.0? Cheers Sharp 1. No. No version of Outlook reads news 2. No. 3. Recall that Outlook 97 is the most outdated and least functional of any version of Outlook. It is no longer even supported. It is the least facile at handling Internet Mail protocols. So it's your choice. There is ample material online to let you compare the 2 products. ...

Office 2003-Excel
When I was using Office 2000-Excel, it was a very simple procedure to make a calculation of e.g.: - (L8+L9)-E9= Now when I want to make this simple calculation I select Sum, but when I try to click on the appropriate cell, say L8, instead of this being entered as before I get a Ping and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? How can I enter this simple calculation? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! PS Microsoft had a good product in Office 200, they had to mess it up! Hi just enter =L8+L9-E9 no need for SUM in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ann...

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

Excel Charts are greyed out!
I am using Excel 2002. I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts ar being greyed out. I don't know how and why. But when I click on on of them, the one being clicked on will be viewable, but the other thre are still greyed out. The same applies for all four. I couldn't find any settings that would cause the problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Check the setting of Objects on the main options dialog. Use the menu Tools > Options and on the View tab make sure the setting of Objects is Show All. Cheer...

Manually Registering an Excel Add-in
I'll post this on a few different newsgroups. OK so we migrated our network from NT 4.0 to 2003. One of the users had a program that adds itself onto Excel and pulls queries off a SQL database into it. Once her machine was logged into the new network, of course it created a new local profile under documents and setting called \username.newdomainname. When she runs it she gets an error which refers to DLL files not being registered and her event log states that the registry couldn't unload her profile as an application was still running, but the registry will unload after reb...

Pivot Table Question #5
Hi, I'm using an excel spreadsheet and I have a list of customer numbers in column A and a list of account numbers in column B. Many customers have more than 1 account number. What I would like to do is change the layout so that I have each customer number listed only once and have all of the account numbers corresponding to the customer number in the same row (so for example I would have customer number in A:1, account number 1 in B:1, account number 2 in B:2, account number 3 in B:3 ect) . Is there a way to do this? Is it possible to do this in a pvt table? Thanks. Row items will ...

Excel Error #2
"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office applications even within excel itself. Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists. Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists. Any solutions? Version of Excel? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kwpang1" <kwpang1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7458A216-6...

Outlook & excel
How does one transfer data from an excel mailing list into outlook? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, In Outlook File>Import and Export>import from another program or file, next, Microsoft Excel. Far from being an expert when it comes to Outlook, you might find better advice in an Outlook NG -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "nmw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a401c39643$2ea6bb80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one transfer data from an excel mailing list into > outlook? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hi ...