filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers

Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have
recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet.
have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have
more
rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of
the
national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me
how to
filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536
rows(the
filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most
column)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There's nothing you can do to increase the number of rows or columns in excel.

I'm not sure what you're doing with the second question, but maybe you could
treat each of the 30 columns individually.  If you're filtering each column
against another list, maybe you could add a extra column (for each of the 30
columns) and put your results in that helper column.

dabliss74 wrote:

> Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have
> recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet.
> have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have
> more
> rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of
> the
> national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me
> how to
> filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536
> rows(the
> filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most
> column)

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

filtering account numbers from a worksheet
I'm new to excel. I have created a spreadsheet containing my newspaper's subscriber list, containing account numbers and addresses. I want to merge another list of subscribers(with account numbers and addresses) with the first list to scrub those addresses, etc. from that list. Can anyone advise me? Hi not completely sure what you're trying to do. But as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany fouraker wrote: > I'm new to excel. I...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

How do I modify an existing worksheet to remove columns & contents
I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to modify it using only certain columns and data in order to keep from re-doing the entire worksheet. ANybody out there in cyberspace got suggestions or good reference sources I can use? Gil There are just too many scenarios to ponder without getting some more details on what you wish to do. Please be a little more specific in your description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:15:06 -0800, "Gil Gray" <Gil Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to m...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...

Linking Drop-down list to worksheets
I need 20 dropdown list on the worksheet. some of drop-down lists has the same values. I need a list thats has one set of names and worksheet has another set of names. Here is a example want I need. LIST names Worksheet names Red - Black 770rb Black-White 770bw My list will have 15 items in each list. When user click on the color it would take them to that worksheet. What is best way to do this? ...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

michael lalonde #2
michael lalonde mike lalonde sudbury wanderer tax solutions 3665 Arista Way http://www.freewebs.com/wandererartificialstupidity/ http://www.geocities.com/wandererartificialstupidity http://wandererartificialstupidity.tripod.com http://members.aol.com/lalonm/ http://www.wanderers.freewebweb.com/ Wanderer Tax Solutions 702 Barrydowne Road - Unit 9 Sudbury, ON P3A 3T5 705 562 2399 Barrydowne Road Sudbury, Ontario. Second Location. 1630 Agincourt Avenue Sudbury, ON. wanderer rampar wdr c64 commodore 64. jason john lalonde mike lalonde sudbury temagami lalonde jason tesker angela legrow darryl...

Learning Excel #2
A friend has asked me to recommend a resource so that he can learn more about using Excel effectively. He is using Excel 2007, but I think that Excel 2003 resources would work as well. He can manage basic formulas, but is aware that the potential is essentially infinite ... I have crawled around the web and found many tutorials, but don't really know what to recommend to him. Has anyone here used Excel tutorials? Could you recommend something? Thanks so much! Hi, look into http://www.contextures.com http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx "Jinny M." wrote: > A ...

Outlook and html emails #2
A friend who I think uses Outlook not Outlook Express says she can't open certain emails. I think they are probably html emails. Is there a preference setting in Outlook she cam change somewhere? TIA What exactly happens when she tries to open them? Does she get an error, are they plain text etc. What folder are they in? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outl...

How to compile the section? #2
Hi, Can you please tell me how to compile the section? Thanks ! ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; # include "gdiplus.h" VOID Example_DrawLine(HDC hdc) { Graphics graphics(hdc); // Create a Pen object. Pen blackPen(Color(255, 0, 0, 0), 3); // Create two Point objects that define the line. Point point1(100, 100); Point point2(500, 100); // Draw the line. graphics.DrawLine(&blackPen, point1, point2); } There is an example on the MSDN website that shows how to use GDI+ to draw a line. http...