filtering dates within this week

I have a series of dates. How can i filter dates that are within this
week?

thanks
0
moley_cruz (45)
10/10/2009 1:49:28 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I would add another column to represent the year and week number.  Then filter
on that.

Excel has its own =weeknum() function (requires installation of the analysis
toolpak in xl2003 and below).

But week numbers mean different things to different people/groups/organizations.

I'd start with Ron de Bruin's site if excel's =weeknum() isn't sufficient:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/isodate.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Easyfilter have a option to filter on weeks also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

For Excel 2007 i have a ISO weeks option in this add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message news:4AD07FDF.A4B26429@verizonXSPAM.net...
>I would add another column to represent the year and week number.  Then filter
> on that.
>
> Excel has its own =weeknum() function (requires installation of the analysis
> toolpak in xl2003 and below).
>
> But week numbers mean different things to different people/groups/organizations.
>
> I'd start with Ron de Bruin's site if excel's =weeknum() isn't sufficient:
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/isodate.htm
>
> Lynn wrote:
>>
>> I have a series of dates. How can i filter dates that are within this
>> week?
>>
>> thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
0
rondebruin (3790)

exchange 2000
In Exchange 2000 I'm trying to filter certain domains. Reading the docs it looks as though you can enter domains you want to reject in system manager -> message delivery properties -> filtering. But it appears to work sometimes, but not all the time. And appears that it's broken randomly. For example, I entered *@lycos.com, and all mail from there was rejected. But I've got numerous domain names that aren't being filtered at all. It's like filtering is broken. For example I still see lots of mail coming in from places like *@seanic-promotions.net, even though it'...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

Format "only" dates withing text in a cell.
I want all dates to be come bold whenever they appear in a cell with other text, for example. Today is 04/12/03, tomorrow will be 05/12/03. 04/12/03 & 05/12/03 should appear in a cell as bold text. I know how to use conditional formatting, but not to pick out certain words/dates withing text. Hope this makes sense. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks Dathi Grimmur "dave" <dathi@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message news:11fe6d38.0312040739.780f2e47@posting.google.com... > I want all dates to be come bold whenever they appear in a cell with > other text, for examp...

How do I count nonblank cells in rows within Excel?
I want to create a spreadsheet in Excel, inwhich entries are ticks or blanks. I then want to count the number of ticks in each row. How do I do this? The help function only describes counting columns, and I haven't found that these instructions work with rows. See if either the COUNTA or COUNTIF function gets you where you want to be. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "JoJo" wrote: > I want to create a spreadsheet in Excel, inwhich entries are ticks or blanks. > I then want to count the number of ticks in each row. How do I do this? The ...

OWA Has date as March
Hi, I just mirgrated from 2000 to 2003 and on one user the the date Via OWA shows March - its ok thru the outlook client itself. It causing all his old meetings to popup. Any ideas? Lee ...

Month-date
Is there a way to enter just numeric without having to use the hyphen when you what to enter a date in excel? So, instead of entering 08-01 to get 08/01/2003. Can I enter 080103 and get 08-01-2003? Thanks, Lynn sure, on appropriate cells Format, Cells, Number-Tab, Custom and in Box enter: 00-00-0000 << Will display 08-01-2003 after you enter 08012003; but keep in mind the content of the cell will be the number 8012003. HTH "lynne" <leckelberry@royal-oak.com> wrote in message news:095901c35820$753f3420$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to enter just numer...

counting rows when using filtering: how??
I have a basic spread sheet of contact information...thousands of records. I use filtering to group the information based on various criteria, but I would also like to count the number of rows (records) after I filter the whole data set. The usual count functions don't ignore the hidden rows...which is what filtering does...hide some things. Consequently, all I get is the total number of rows and not just those the filter displays. I saw this counting done, so I know it is possible, but I no longer know where the person is who knew how to do this. Is there a function that will do this o...

filter pivot table
How do I filter out the items that say NO CASH in the source spreadsheet basically those fields are Blank. In the table properties for now I have the box checked IF EMPTY put in NO CASH. I would like the items that are blank or NO CASH just not to appear in the table. Can this be automatic each time I go into this pivot table? Basically the source spreadsheet is updated everyday. MONTH 6 Sum of RECEIVED DAYS Account RECEIVED FROM Total 6/1/2004 1074 Loan Payment $203,544.08 1080 G.Homes $200,000.00 1091 1st - CL $1,500.00 B&C - CL $3,...

Date Conversion #4
NEED TO CONVERT A DATE WHICH CAN BE EITHER IN A 7 CHARACTER FORMA (1031128 FOR 28NOV03) OR 6 CHARACTER FORMAT (981128 FOR 28NOV98) THINK IT NEEDS TO INCLUDE: IF, LEN AND DATEVALUE COMMANDS E.G. IF 7 CHARACTER LENGTH THEN... OTHERWISE AIM: CONVERT TO A 28-NOV-03 FORMAT ANY IDEAS WELCOME! THANKS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com "MAXINE TOWNS" <MAXINE.TOWNS.xltsy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:MAXINE.TOWNS.xltsy@excelforum-no...

date Format #5
I am from South Africa. My bank uses the date format yyyy-MM-dd and I have set the money format to the same one (and all the others available) but cannot import a Quicken file. Keep getting the message: You file couldn't be imported because its date format doesn't match your Money file's format. Any more setting one can change because I have tried all the date formats. bertus In microsoft.public.money, Bertus wrote: >I am from South Africa. My bank uses the date format yyyy-MM-dd and I have >set the money format to the same one (and all the others available) but &g...

Error when trying to copy worksheet within workbook
I keep receiving a prompt when trying to copy a worksheet within a workbook....goes along the lines of A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name "...." which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? Select Yes and it goes through a list of nameswhich could be upto 50 or so. Any ideas? TIA DO you know what is meant by a named cell? Cell A1 can be given a name such as Rate. Now suppose a cell on Sheet1 is named Rate and a cell on Sheet2 is named Rate. Want happens when you copy from Sheet1 to Sheet2? Excel ...

date #11
I have date in CSV as 9122005(09 Dec 2005) and 13122005(13 dec 2005).. when I do text to column.. the only fields that get converted are 13122005 ( the ones with 2 digits date... any solution? Use two steps assuming that your two values are in A1 and A2. In B1 enter: =IF(LEN(A1)=8,A1,0&A1) and copy down This will make the dates all 8 digits long by putting a zero in the front if needed. In C1 enter: =RIGHT(B1,4) for the year In D1 enter: =MID(B1,3,2) for the month In E1 enter: =LEFT(B1,2) for the day -- Gary's Student "flow23" wrote: > I have date in CSV as ...

Date Field
I have a form that users use to collect census data for 70 programs once every Wednesday. I have that data going to a table titled census event. Each record can be identified by the autoCensusID, the Census Date and the Program ID. Right now I have the form set to the current date so that when the user opens it to start entering data, she does not have to fill in the date with every record. The problem is that some of the programs do not all report on that one Wednesday. If they report in on Thursday and she tries to enter their data into the table for Wednesday, the form automat...

Opportunity / View / Close Date
I would like to be able to create a View showing All Opportunities that will close in the Next 31 Days / Next 365 Days / etc. I can only find the Next 7 Days. Any suggestions how to solve this puzzle without working with filtered Reports? Thanks, Richard Newtel Essence The current v1.2 "Advance Find" and "Filter View" will not support what you are asking for. You will need to looking into SDK or Report customization. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Richard Fransen" wrote: > I would like to be...

SUMIF where the IF is a variable date from data in a column HOW?
Aby SUPER USERS out there? I got a large no of data that are sorted by date, I want to make a formula that can count the occurencies of the numbers 1, 2 3 etc. in column C and show the result in column D, E F etc. The result in D comes from a formula: =IF(B2=B1,0,SUMPRODUCT((($A$2:$A$50=A2)*(($B$2:$B$50=B2)*($D$2:$D$50=D2)))))} I need to find out how to show the result of 1, 2 and 3 etc. in Column E, F, G etc. for each date ie. 20090608 = 4 ones. and 2 twos etc. and then again for th next date etc. I have tried with =IF(F2=1,SUM(IF($D$2:$D$50=D2,F$2:F$50,0)),0) but it sums all ones ...

setting margins to print within space provided on avery b...
I have designed my business card but I am not sure how to set my margins accurately to print on avery business card paper #28873. If anyone knows of a solution to this, it would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Lora They are the standard business card size. In page setup use the business card option, change "copies per sheet", set the side margin to .75, top margin .5, set the gaps to zero. (If you have earlier versions of Publisher you will have to wait until you go to print to set the page options). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Days late on payment using Date()
I need help trying to determine if a customer has made a payments on their account within set amounts of time: Example: Current: Date() < 30 days since payment 30 Days: Date() >= 30 days and < 60 days since payment 60 Days: Date() >= 60 days and < 90 days since payment 90 Days: Date() >= 90 days and < 100 days since payment Credit Hold: Date() >= 100 days since payment There is also the calculation for if their Payments are Equal with their purchases (meaning there is no balance on their account) I have tried lots of date math and formatting but keep getting ...

Bill Frequency of 8 Weeks
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4E2BF.8F7AB0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any workaround for setting up a bill payment frequency of 8 = weeks? I have a subscription that I am billed for every 8 weeks. = Selecting the option of "Every Other Month" does not work for me, as = that is not truely 8 weeks. Thanks, The Merg --=20 Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4E2BF.8F7AB0F0 Conten...

Spam and Spam filtering
Quick question for you admins dealing with Spam filtering: I recently installed GFI MailEssentials to start filtering spam on our server. Working pretty, but we still get bursts of spam getting through the filters. I update the Bayesian filters, blacklists and whitelists several times a week, but we still have users who logon in the morning to find 10, 20, sometimes 100 spams. Is this common for you as well? sounds like it can't keep up. have a look at solutions like Postini -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA Ottawa, Canada Exchange Reporting & Analysi...

How can I only the cells showing by a filter?
If I select to copy a filtered list of cells and pasted to another app, only the visible cell contents got copied. If I pasted to another excel sheet, all hidden cells got copied as well. How can I only copy filtered cells within Excel? Thanks! Excel should paste just the filtered data between sheets. I don't know why it doesn't for you. Which version of Excel are you running? I tested on 2003 version. A workaround would be....................... F5>Special>Visible cells only>OK Copy and paste. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:54:03 -0800, Pin...

Link Pivot Tables on one filter
I have several pivot tables all on one worksheet and on the same tab. I have successfully used the below vba code to get the first pivot table to update based on a non-pivot table cell value. How do I apply the same code to all of the other pivot tables on the tab? I am brand new to vba, so I'm not sure how to do an "or" or "in list" type function that will look at more than just one pivot table. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Code: -------------------- Option Explicit Const RegionRangeName As String = "RegionFilt...

Cell shading based on date conditions
I want to shade a column based on a date criteria. The date criteria is entered by the user in column B5 and the day could be other than the 1st. I have 20 columns that display values and the date is displayed as heading. For example Column C Column D Column E Row 6 7/1/2006 8/1/2006 9/1/2006 Row 7 Row 8 1,000 500 Row 9 500 500 Row 10 500 500 Row 11 500 500 If the user enters 8/31/2006, I want Column D to be shaded. Column B5 changes every month. Is it possibl...

Modified Date
Hello, Is it possible i turn off the modified date. So the modified date always is the same on the date i reseved the mail? Thnx, Jos No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Josvds asked: | Hello, |=20 | Is it possible i turn off the modified date. | So the modified date always is the same on the date i reseved the | mail?=20 |=20 | Thnx, | Jos No. Why would you want to deceive anyone? "Josvds" <...

Calculating percentage from eneterd values within a table/form
Within my database I have a table where I will enter the fresh weight of an object in one field and the thawed weight of the object in another field. I then wish access to calculate the percentage weight loss by : (Fresh Weight-Thawed Weight)/Fresh Weight*100 I have attempted to do this as a default value of a field during the design of a table, but as data has not been entered into the weight fields access gets confused and won't allow this. Is there a way to do this without creating a query or doing it within a form? If I have to create a query or do it within the form, is...

pick date & time from my system auto
i want to do that as i enter any name in a cell and press enter its automaticly collect the date and time from system to next cell how can i do this plz help me !! thankx You could do it with worksheet event code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo ws_exit Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Put this in the worksheet code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing ...