filtering data and condensing a form format

I wish to print out weekly payroll receipt in form-like format for employees
only if employee worked that week.  I have an Excel file composed of many
worksheets each for a given employee.  In upper lefthand corner of these
worksheets are employee name, address, phone, etc.  In upper righthand
corner is marital status, dependents, tax rates, etc.  Below this: column A
is pay week ending date, column B is pay rate, column C is hours worked, D
is Gross Wages formula, E is SS Tax formula, F is Med Tax formula, G is Fed
Tax formula, H is State Tax formula, I is Local Tax formula, J is State UC
Tax formula, K is Hospitalization formula, L is Domestic Relations formula,
and M is Net pay formula.  Also is a worksheet (Hourly Totals) composed of
lookup formulas for all employees (see above columns B through M) dependent
on date entered into C:2 of this worksheet.  Zeros are returned for
employees that did not work.

What I need to do is print out individual forms consisting of above columns
as headings and lookup values next to them if an employee worked that week.
If no work, then no form.  I believe the information needed is included in
the Hourly Totals worksheet but needs to be filtered out if employee did not
work.  The form format should also somehow be "justified" to be condensed
when filtering out non-working employee as to not waste paper.  Any help on
this matter is greatly appreciated !  Rick.

0
rcstahl (17)
11/14/2004 1:29:40 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Remote data access
As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server database residing on a web server. In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a way to develop a Visual Basic, Windows application that can access a SQL Server database over the internet. Thanks for suggestions, John C. John C. wrote: > As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a > VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server > database residing on a web server. > > In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a > way to develop...

Data Validation #12
Hi. I have data validations in sheet1 as named range lists from sheet2. When I have deleted sheet2 and copy sheet2 from identical other workbook - my validations does is not work... I see Name ranges in copied worksheet, but when I use they in validation - I have error: "The Source currently evaluates an error. Do you wish continue?" Only after deleting of Named ranges in Sheet2 and recreating its, my validations works. It is possible after replacing of worksheet with named ranges for validations (named ranges names are identical) use copied worksheet without recreating ...

Formatting Numbes to Text
I have a spreadsheet that contains the following data: Date Account ID 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 1030-0-01 5/14/08 1030-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 When I save it as a .csv file it looks like this: Date Account ID 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 1030-0-01 5/14/2...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Sorting lots of data
We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses. Hi use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the following addin for this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany miss lynar wrote: > We are trying to sort thr...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

order data by a rank
i need to create a form order by the militaty rank.This form is based in a query "qrystaff" with three fields: MemberID FullName and Rank.I´d like that the data were ordered firstly by MilitaryRank and secondly by FullName in alphabetical order.There is an easy way to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 When you create queries, you're given the option to specify the sort order under each field. If the fields aren't in the order from left-to-right in the query grid, you can add ...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

kill formatting brought over from reports
When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming over. Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button produces some custom symbol, for example). I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change when it receives a spreadsh...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

Access data
Is there a way to open an Access 97 database with Excel 97? Hi C, I have a hyperlink in my excel workbook that opens the access workbook, i use it for correction purposes. Would a hyperlink work? Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492101 In Excel try Data>Import External Data>Import Data or New Database Query Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:43:...

Importing data from Excel to Outlook
I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2500 contacts. The Spreadsheet is set up with Last Name, First Name in Column A, Full Address in Column B, Email Address in Column C. I have highlighted and defined a name for each of the columns. Each time I attempt to import the data into Outlook 2003 the importing and exporting window never completes its task. I tried to perform an import with a new excel workbook with only limited information and the same thing happens. Any ideas? I've had the same problem. First, save your file as a text file, then import into Outlook. HTH -- Since...