Filter rows containing cells with values within a range (for example <11 or >10 but <21)

Column B consists of Brand names (each brand has numerous products)
Column C consists of Product names (over 500 products)
Coumns D to CG (row 1) consist of months going back a few years.
The data from D2:CG539 consists of the rank of each brand for each
month.
I would like to filter my rows so that I can view only the products
that have ever ranked in the top 10.
I already have a couple of formulas that allow me to filter my data.

Example 1:
If I want to know the highest rank ever achieved by a product I use
this formula: =MIN(D2:CG2) and then drag it down. Now I can use
autofilter and see which products have ever achieved rank 1, or rank 2
etc.

Example 2:
I am able to filter my products (for example a particular competive
set) by using COUNTIF.
On another sheet I label a range of data (the names of the competive
set) "Match".
Then in column A I use the formula =COUNTIF(Match,D2) and then drag it
down.
This puts a 1 next to any product that is in my range "match".
>From there I can use Autofilter and select all the 1s.

I am looking for a formula that will perform a similar task, but
filter based on the values along each row falling within a range,
rather than the product name or specific rank.

I would be very appreciative of any suggestions. Thank you.
Harry

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Silly me. I figured it out.
=MIN(D2:CG2) and drag down
Then use autofilter custom and select all values less than 11.
I would still be curious if there is a specific formula that will
achieve the same effect. I tried COUNTIF but I couldn't get it to work
for me.

Harry

Prevent clicking on a cell

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

if cell is text move left one column

advanced filter #6
here is the file: http://www.mytempdir.com/935740 First sorry for my english.... I have this code to insert letter "E" in column N of a sheet GAF only if the dates in column B of sheet GAF are into range DATAIN/DATAFIN use for test DATAIN=01/11/2005 DATAFIN =30/11/2005) Now, i want to use the same code to insert "E" in column N if the range of dates is naturally into range DATAIN/DATAFIN but if the value into column H is the same present into column B of sheet CORPORATE. So, insert in column "N" of sheet GAF the letter "E" in cells N2, N49, N50, N51...

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

WLM Beta Junk Mail Filter
The junk mail filters has stopped filtering mail. The address shows in the list of blocked addresses but the mail is not filtered. The filter worked fine in WLM but I don't think it has worked since I loaded the Beta. Where exactly are you looking when you say the address is the same as the one in your Blocked Senders? The From line may not show the true entry, look at the entry in the From field you see after pressing Ctrl+F3 on that message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "DickW2" wrote in message news:O7$LTHNMLHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... T...

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Automatic changes in cells

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...