Filter pull down icon color

Hi Reader
When change to Using LCD monitor, the pull down filter icon blue color
as same as black color in LCD monitor. Is it possible to check pull
down color to other color value ?

moonhkt
0
moonhkt
1/25/2010 9:25:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour.

You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell if a
column is filtered. There are sample files here:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 -
Colour Filter Headings'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
Debra
1/27/2010 9:35:45 PM
I have a 21,000 row XML file that I pull into Excel every morning:
Data / Import Data / Select Data Source / OK ...and all is well
....until I updated to a new PC and had to reload Excel.  Now I get
autofilters at the top of each column, and it won't load all the data.

I know I can go in AFTER I load and uncheck Data / filter / autofilter
and it will remove the filter queues on the top row, but I DON'T know
how to set up an option where it will not format with auto filters
from the get-go.  ...so I can load this data completely.

What am I missing here?!  Thanks!

- Hu -
0
zip
2/18/2010 2:44:10 PM
I bet your data has empty rows in it.  And I bet that you let excel guess at the
range that should be filtered.

If you're doing it manually, select the entire range to filter first, then apply
the data|Filter|autofilter.

If you're doing this in code, make sure the entire range is filtered.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I think OP does not want the Autofilter enabled.

Somehow the Import is generating the unwanted Autofilter.

My first thought was OP is importing into a List or Table but states
unchecking Data>Autofilter removes the dropdowns so would not appear to be
that.

Maybe the worksheet OP is importing to is not the Excel default?

Gord

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:58:45 -0600, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>I bet your data has empty rows in it.  And I bet that you let excel guess at the
>range that should be filtered.
>
>If you're doing it manually, select the entire range to filter first, then apply
>the data|Filter|autofilter.
>
>If you're doing this in code, make sure the entire range is filtered.
>

>zip@zippy.com wrote:
>>
>> I have a 21,000 row XML file that I pull into Excel every morning:
>> Data / Import Data / Select Data Source / OK ...and all is well
>> ...until I updated to a new PC and had to reload Excel.  Now I get
>> autofilters at the top of each column, and it won't load all the data.
>>
>> I know I can go in AFTER I load and uncheck Data / filter / autofilter
>> and it will remove the filter queues on the top row, but I DON'T know
>> how to set up an option where it will not format with auto filters
>> from the get-go.  ...so I can load this data completely.
>>
>> What am I missing here?!  Thanks!
>>
>> - Hu -

0
Gord
2/18/2010 6:53:27 PM
Could be.

I read that "Now I get autofilters at the top of each column, and it won't load
all the data." was a complaint that the autofilters weren't "loading" all the
data.

====
Maybe showing all the data will avoid the problem that autofilter and using
..cells(...,...).end(xlup) may cause finding the last used row.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I Auto-Filter with multiple values in a cell in Excel?
Is it possible to use the Auto-Filter in Excel 2003 in the following way: Cell Value: Requirements, Testing Cell Value: Requirements Cell Value: Testing Is there a way I can enter my cell value such that the Auto-Filter values will only show "Requirements" and "Testing" in the dropdown, but not "Requirements, Testing"? I've tried using ; , | and even hard returns as separators, but to no avail. Am I asking too much of the auto-filter? Thanks in advance Unless you create another column to indicate the match, I think you are asking too m...

possible to create new doc with no template colors?
Hi. When sending a publisher 2007 document to the printer upon opening at the Printer's workplace, Publisher substitutes colors from a template color theme changing all the colors I assigned to the document. A staffer originally created the document from a template and then changed some colors on the page, which seems to be the problem. Is there a way to get rid of the template color info? Also, is there any way to create a new, blank document in publisher that does not have any template colors applied to it? I simple cannot see how to create a new blank document as in the...

Formula to set cell color
I have a column containing a sorted list of values which includes duplicate values such as: Row 1: 1 Row 2: 1 Row 3: 2 Row 4: 3 Row 5: 3 Row 6: 4 Row 7: 4 Row 8: 4 Row 9: 5 Without using VBA or macros (an unfortunately non-negotiable requirement of the customer) I'm tasked to do the following using conditional formatting: 1. Make a cell that has the same value as the cell immediately above it the same color as that of the cell immediately above it 2. Make the color of a cell whose value is not the same as the cell immediately above it a different color than...

junk filter not working in front-end back-end
initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with junk filter. Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange 2003 front-end back-end senario. Mail is not going to junk folder rather in the INBOX. Any clue? =?Utf-8?B?RmFpc2Fs?= <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2D96C38E-333B-4A0B-9C1F-888FDE80AD4F@microsoft.com: > initially we have only one exchange 2003. and client outlook 2003 with > junk filter. > Outlook 2003 junk filter was working fine. But when we put exchange > 2003 front-end back-end senario. Mail is no...

New Outlook message showing up under Word icon in Windows 7
In Outlook if I am composing a new message it appears under the Word icon instead of Outlook. I am using Office 2003 in Windows 7 professional. I understand that I DO have Word as my email editor but I really would like newly composed messages to open under Outlook though to help reduce confusion for my end users. In Windows Vista composed messages stack under outlook even if Word is your email editor, and I can only hope that something similar can happen in Windows 7. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. shaon94 wrote: > In Outlook if I am compos...

Force PageField filter to FALSE
I have a PivotTable with a PageField called �End Flag� which can b either TRUE or FALSE. I use the drop-down to filter on FALSE. Thi PivotTable is based on a data entry table where there will usually b entries with �End Flag� = FALSE. However, it is possible that all �En Flag� values could be TRUE. In this case the PageField filter revert to TRUE, and must be manually reset to FALSE. This is a problem for m because I intend to hide the PivotTable and turn the spreadsheet ove to a user. If all the �End Flag� entries become TRUE, then th PageField filter will revert to TRUE, then when new �End F...

Spam filter for IMAP mail boxes
I use outlook 2003 the built-in spam filter works great with my regular POP3 inbox, however it does not work with my IMAP box. Is there a way to enable the spam filter for IMAP? Thanks Aaron ...

How to Programmatecally Display Icons in CListBox
Hi, I wanted to Programmatecally Display Icon in CListBox. Here is the brief Code: CListBox m_listbox; m_listbox.Create(CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_BORDER | WS_VSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | LBS_STANDARD | LBS_HASSTRINGS , p, this,IDC_LIST); m_listbox.SetFont(&m_Font); I wanted to add icon to each string in the list box. It is equivalent to auto suggest in VS when u press Ctrl+Space. Thanks a lot in advance. You will have to create an owner draw listbox, and do the painting yourself. Here is an example: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/combobold.aspx ...

Pull info from one excel file to another depending on values of O.
I need the formula that can transfer rows based on a > value of a cell in a row into a different excel file. For example: Part# Jan Mar Oct Total Avg 1st QtrAvg 2nd QtrAvg 3rd QtrAvg 4th Qtr Avg 913 3 1 1 5 1.6 1.3 0.00 0.00 .33 I want to be able to pull the rows whose values are > 1.0 for a Qtr avg. or a given qty into a separate file perpetually. ...

Advanced filter problems
Hi all, can anyone tell me why I am duplicate entries when I'm usin unique records only with adavanced filter. A copy of the file attached Cheers Shan +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Test.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2697 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198...

How to save a color to palette without recreating it. (Word, 2002)
I'm doing a Table and each cell has one of four background colors. They are not on the default "Fill Colors", so I have to go in and reselect the RGB each time. How can I put the color on the palette? Or is there another way to save it so all I have to do is click on it when I need that color? On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:49:01 -0800, b4a5s <b4a5s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm doing a Table and each cell has one of four background colors. They are >not on the default "Fill Colors", so I have to go in and reselect the RGB >each...

Filter #3
Are their any filter limits on the number of values you can see... I have a 3 thousand row file and can only see 1000 diffeent values in the filter mode.. 1000 is the limit See this site for more information about this http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "William Schmitz" <wschmitz@guaranteedweather.com> wrote in message news:C398F1C0-4CAD-4F83-8431-662663A0D170@microsoft.com... > Are their any filter limits on the number of values you can see... I have a 3 thousand row file...

color-coding cells and more
Excel 97 / W98 Two easy questions. Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using Visual Basic Editor? That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c) format. In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others. Always opens with SUM as the default option. Can I change the default to 'Average?' -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old guy wrote: > Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not > ...

scroll bar color
I have a business manager who wants to change the scroll bar color to a darker gray or darker color. I can't find how to do this. Anyone know? Thanks! (2002 version) The scrollbar color is controlled by Windows Display Properties. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP I tried the themes and appearance on Windows, but neither affected the scroll bars. Can you tell me more, please? >-----Original Message----- >The scrollbar color is controlled by Windows Display Properties. > >-- >Jim Rech >Excel MVP > > >. > I'm only saying that your question is a Windows quest...

line color does not appear on screen
Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it does print. Affects previous and new documents. Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marc W" <Marc W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE988282-BB86-47F7-9570-EA4F3925D7ED@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it > does print. Affects previous and new documents. Installing the latest Intel display driver solved the problem. Thank you,...

Formula to count the cells in a range that have a fill color.
I'm just trying to create a formula in a cell that will count the cells in a range that don't have a "nil" fill color. Molly F wrote: > I'm just trying to create a formula in a cell that will count the cells in a > range that don't have a "nil" fill color. I think you can only do that with a VB script....... -- gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk To email me replace the obvious! http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Molly F" <Molly F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

I need to convert hex colors from Photoshop to something usable in GDI
Here's what my color values look like now: DrawBorder hdc, rct, lPnt, hPen, 10999801 If I replace the value above (10999801) with a value converted from hex to decimal it draws an entirely different color. How can I accurately convert colors? Thank you "John Smith" <spam@not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message news:OxG92oYDLHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Here's what my color values look like now: > > DrawBorder hdc, rct, lPnt, hPen, 10999801 > > If I replace the value above (10999801) with a value converted from hex ...

Looking for MS Office application icons
I am currently drawing a workflow with MS Office in the solution, quite new to Visio, anyone could help me to find the way to get MS Office 2003 application icons? ...

Envelop Icon in System Tray
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I used to have a envelope icon appear in my system tray when new email was received via outlook. My flatmate clicked the 'hide envelope' and now I cant find a way of bringing it back. I have to settle with an option box appearing with the 'You have new mail would you like to read it now - with a yes or no button to click' Can anyone help. Regards Steve Ohayoo/Konbanwa *Steve* :-) > sorry if this has been asked before. Please do not xpost. Expecially here (microsoft.public.it.office.outlook) cause this is an Italian ng. bye ...

Color Rules #2
I applied a color rule to color emails from someone in a specific color. When the rule is applied for this person, anyone else that has the same first name also picks up the rule. For instance if I set up a rule to color email from Susan Smith in BLUE, emails from Susan Jones also turn BLUE. Anyone know why? What, exactly, is the content of this rule? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Is there a forumula that uses colors instead of cell #'s?
I am creating a worksheet where different items are highlighted several different colors. Is there a way to create a formula that changes when I change the highlighted color of the row instead of having to remove a cell or cells from one formula and add it to another? Thanks for any help!! No, as a colour change does not force a sheet recalculation. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "JohnAO" <JohnAO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5666EF9-D664-44C9-826D-60C9BDF039AC@microsoft.com... > I am creating a works...

export filter
For Excel 2003.... In the help entry for export method, reproduced below, there is mention of the filter specific options of the export filter, an MS Excel add-in. Dose anyone know how to access this filter and its options programmatically? Specifically i want to choose a resolution level for the exported pic. I am assuming that such an option exists since there is a facility in a dialogue box in other MS apps such as Word and Publisher which allows the user to nominate the resolution of the object that is converted to a jpg or tif etc. In Publisher, for example, you access this di...

Text color changing for a Tree Control Item
Hello Friends, I want to change the text color of an item present in a Tree control at the run time depending upon some value. For example I am having a boolean variable bool bValid = false; I want set the item text color to red whenever bValid == true; How can this be done? Please help me. thanks in Advance. Neelesh K J Jain. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork How about this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c633/ AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Auto Filter-Or any other suggestions
I need to be able to sort the data on my worksheet by project so that it brings up all of the associated items for that category. For example: If I sort on Project #1, I would like for it to bring up all of the activities, actions, and due dates only for that project. How would I do this if the items in Activity, Action , and Due date are in different rows? When I try to auto filter by Project, it only brings up Acitivty 1-1, Action 1-1, Due date 1, but I need for it to bring up every Activity, Action, and Due date for Project 1. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!! For E...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells #4
Hi Aladin, Thank you for assistance. Unfortunately, the Formula is not retrieving the correct results and also at the end of your Formula: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Vrange,ROW(Vrange)-MIN(ROW(Vrange)),,1)),--(Vrange="Rome")) (Vrange="Rome")) I need to test for more than one text criteria for which I have tried using an array but the results are still incorrect. The Formulae below tells me how frequently the ROOMS are being used by different Groups of people and with the aide of the Formula in the Helper Column how long they have not been used. My Helper Column &...