Filter in Macro

Hi all,

Is there any method of code to select the first one in the list of data
in a dropdown list. Ie, suppose, there are 10 contents in the dropdown
of the filter. I do not need to select actual word, rather, i need a
code which selects anything which exists in the list of dropdowns.
Please let me know the method as this should work in Macros and should
help in recording. :)

Thanks.

--
praveen_khm
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can get your own list using the technique that John Walkenbach shows at:

He even has a sort routine in there if you need it.

praveen_khm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any method of code to select the first one in the list of data
> in a dropdown list. Ie, suppose, there are 10 contents in the dropdown
> of the filter. I do not need to select actual word, rather, i need a
> code which selects anything which exists in the list of dropdowns.
> Please let me know the method as this should work in Macros and should
> help in recording. :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> praveen_khm
> praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502457

--

Dave Peterson
0

Filter- SPAM
Receiving SPAM without "To" or "From". How can I filter or block such e-mails? Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Receiving SPAM without "To" or "From". How can I filter > or block such e-mails? Create a rule to filter on the body or subject. -- Brian Tillman ...

Intelligent Message Filter not working
Hi All, I am having a battle to get intelligent message filtering working. I have installed SP2, changed the reg to download updates, configured the default SMTP server to use IMF, set my thresholds, but nothing is being filtered. When I check the events log, there are no logs for any filter events. I have re-started the SMTP service and the server, but still nothing. Is there anything I can check to see what is happening or not happening? Many thanks in advance. Download Microsoft Exchange Server Intelligent Message Filter v2 Operations Guide. You find a few ways to monitor using even...

Alphabetize Macros in a module
Hi All........ I have a module with nearly 100 small macros in it. Is there any way to automatically alphabetize their order in the module by their name? TIA Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Hi Clr, > I have a module with nearly 100 small macros in it. Is there any way to > automatically alphabetize their order in the module by their name? Get hold of MZ tools, it has an option to sort them. http://www.mztools.com/v3/download.aspx Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com Hello Jan Karel..... I responded to you post the other day but s...

Macros in excel
how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro This should do it. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Sub FindFirstEmptyCell() MsgBox Range("A12:A20").End(xlDown).Offset(1) End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "plugger" wrote: > how to find first empty cell in a selected column ie A12:A20 with a macro You can use the End property of a range- this is the same as holding down Ctrl + [Down/Up Arrow]. If you are sure that there is one continuous range of non-blank cells in the column then it is more r...

Excel with macros to html covnersion
I have an excel sheet with command buttons. If i try to save this excel as a html file, the command buttons with macros does not work. Is there a way that i can convert the excel sheet with macro assigned command buttons to html... ...

macros #10
If I have a macro that copies A1 and pastes it into b1, how can I change the macro to paste it into any selected cell? Hi HOHN, Try one of these... Sub S_Copy() ActiveCell.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Where you will have to activate the S_Copy() macro with a button or such and the Selection_Change macro will copy A1 th the cell you click on. HTH Regards, Howard "JOHN" <JOHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A28B2B-D959-46...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...

Need a little Macro ... #2
Excel 2000 ... I have several WorkBooks from 2003 where many TabSheet Names contain "2003". For those TabSheets that do contain "2003" ... I would like a Macro that would look at TabSheet Name & if name contains "2003" change it to "2004". As always ... Thank you to the many Excel Magicians that support this board ... Kha Press ALT+F11, Insert > Module, insert the code below, and then run the macro: Sub Change2003() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets With ws If .Name Like "*2003*" Then ...

Filtering in the page field of a pivot table
I have two separate fields in the page field section of my pivot table. How can I set it up so that once you have chosen a value in the drop down box of the first field, only values relating to the first field appear in the drop down box of the second ? At the moment all values appear in the drop down box of the second field, regardless of what you have chosen in the first. Hope this makes sense ! There's no setting that will filter one page field based on the selection in another page field. Tim wrote: > I have two separate fields in the page field section of my > piv...

Simple Macro to copy each row in the database "X" times? (Excel 2002)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C3ECA5.0E42E590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was wondering if someone could help me with a macro to cut down on = some repetitive task activity. I have a regularly increasing DB of address information in Excel with = several hundred entries with row 1 as the header row. Depending on the = demand, we have to create mail labels in various quantities per address, = consecutively. I foresee a macro that when kicked off will prompt the = user to ente...

Outlook Junk Filter- I have it on Safe List
I'm running Outlook 2003 with the latest update. Looking at my Safe Sender's list, there are only email addresses and all appear to be valid to me. I have checked automatically trust email from my Contacts list and automatically add people that I email to the Safe Sender's List. Same with Safe Recipients List. I have one blocked sender (that idiot- support@citibank) and have done nothing with Internationsl settings. I HAVE created several rules that mainly block certain words in the body. I'm puzzled as to why, with that tight level of filtering, why so much still gets...

Re: MACRO Recorded and saved does not run the second time.
"helene and gabor" <gabelene@townisp.com> wrote in message news:... > Hello, > > The Macro was created on a Vista system. > > Steps: > Developer > Record Macro > Macro entered > --------------- > Record Macro > Macro name: month > Store: Workbook > OK > ----------------- > Macro was then entered > Stop recording > > Developer > Visual Basic > Macro name shows as:month > Run > The macro ran OK > ---------------------------. > once more: Run Macro > edit > Save Book1 save...

I need to filter based on colour
Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B) there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need to filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries of column B. Can someone help me? Thanks Jimmy Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the non yellow rows. -- Don Guil...

Office 2008
I heard a vicious and ugly rumor that there was yet another effort to exclude Mac users from some of the features and benefits that Microsoft Office (Windows) users enjoy. I've heard that macros are being dropped in Office 2008. I just wonder whether anyone in the product management group at Microsoft considers the fact that Mac users work with Windows users. Or is this yet another effort to fly under the radar and drop support for the Mac OS forcing Mac users to run Office in emulation? Where does the oppressive Mac bias end? I mean have you SEEN Vista? Is anyone else tired of being a ...

Filter report records from form
Hi, I have a form which also has a report with the same recordsource. I did it this way, so when the 'View Report' button on the form is pressed, if any form filters are in place the user is asked if the same filters are required on the report. If so, the report filters are set to the form filter, and everything works fine. However, what I have noticed if I use the "Advanced Filter / Sort" button for more complex form filters (Even simple ones...), when these are applied the form filter uses the full form name instead of just the field name. Examples: Select a fiel...

Macro's #4
I have made a macro to open excel document but when I run it my computer will not allow the macro to run That is probably because you have your security setting at high. Either reduce the setting to medium, which will ask each time if you want to enable macros, or add a digital signature to the file with the macro. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1FABEC1-3459-4B76-AE9C-81A62E6BE175@microsoft.com... > I have made a macro to open excel document but when I run it my co...

Macro to convert ASCII File to Excell
I get files daily from differnet vendors in ASCII format. The line breaks are noted by the ~ST and the columns are denoted by *. Below is an example of a few lines. ISA*00* *00* *ZZ*DHLCIDI *ZZ*TRN200175 *100126*020 8*U*00400*000000142*1*P*>~GS*IA*DHLCIDI*TRN200175*20100126*0208*142*X*004010~ST* 110*1420001~B3**AUSD000000017**MX**20100125*27629****DHLC*20100125~B3A*DR*1~C3*U SD**USD~ITD*05*3****20100209*15~N1*BT*DELL DMS*25*00797056329~N3*501 DELL WAY~N4 *ROUND ROCK*TX*786820001*US~LX*1~N1*SH*DELL DMS*25*00797056329~N3*200 DELL WAY B LDG RR ...

Using functions in macros
Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >-----Original Message----- >Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >. >Yes, try something like this For each c in Selection Yes use something like this For Each c in selection If isnumeric(c) then c.value= C*2 Elseif Not isnumeric(c) then c.value= c & c end if Nect c See also IsArray, IsText, IsEmpty Peter >-----Original Message----- >Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >. > This will select all cells on the worksheet with a number. Sub isitanumber() With ActiveSheet.Use...

How do I Assign Macro to a button?
I have a problem in trying to assign a macro to a button in Excel 2002. When I create the button, and then click on the button, the "Assign Macro" command is grayed out (unavailable). I cannot figure out what's wrong. When you click on the button, click on its border. Around the button, you'll see a thick dotted border. (If you click inside the button, you'll see a thick border with diagonal lines, and you won't be able to assign a macro.) Right-click on the button border, and choose Assign Macro. BellExcel wrote: > I have a problem in trying to assign a ...

How do I move a chart using a macro?
Hi, all, I have a nice little macro that creates two charts on several worksheets in a workbook. My problem is that it places one chart right on top of the other. I just need to offset it enough to see both charts, or at least to remind myself that there are two of them there. I tried variations of the "Activechart.parent . . . ." commands I found elsewhere on the site, but I always get the debug screen when I get there. I'm using OFFICE 2007 and Vista. Thank you Jim -- JP Cummings Assuming you know what cell you want as the top left cell positio...

Macro to coppy cells to certain rows depending on value in cell
I want his macro to after it have inserted the colmns and added the formula to 1. copy range A1 to E1 to every row where the word "Header" is in colmn F. 2. Then copy paste the whole sheet as values. 3. Then the range now standing left of "header" must be copied to the empy cells beneath each heading. For example a b c d e f 1)12/12/2005 F001 SAO3 1 CCE Header 2) Detail ...

FIlter, Export & Email
Sure would oblige if one could provide a piece of code to be attached to a button on split-form "Complain" in which the entries that have the boolean field "Pending" checkbox checked be filtered, exported to a PDF, TXT or CSV format and attached to a blank email ready for inserting only the recepient's address and msg and be emailed. -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! I am using OFFICE 2007! -- Thanx again Faraz! Alright!!! DoCmd.SendObject Did It! -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! "Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote: > Sur...

enabling macros #3
Have written a macro which works. However, the children using the worksheet have machines set up with macro security high so can't execute it. I have lots of new users so tried enabling for a user then saving the profile over the default so that new users would then have medium macros set - it didn't work. Where in user profiles - or elsewhere- is this setting saved. Any thoughts? TIA It is a setting in Options: Tools|Options, open Security tab and click on Macro Security button Set to Medium so user can decide it a macro is expected Bernard "chris meech" <anonymo...

Outlook 2003 Macro question
Is there an easy way to change the default email account using a Macro rather than going through TOOLS/OPTIONS, etc. I notice that Outlook doesn't support the recording of macros from keystrokes as do some othe rOffice applications. Regards Les No, there is no way to change the default email account using an Outlook = macro. The necessary objects just aren't exposed in VBA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administra...

Junk mail filter not working #2
I am using Outlook 2003, and my junk mail filter isn't working. Junk mail stays in my inbox. My Junk mail level is set to high, and I have about 300 hundred safe senders and probably thousands of blocked senders. Is there a limit to these lists? Thanks. ...