Filter Dropdown contains values not in column

Hi

I'm using Data/Filter/Auto Filter.....and I've somehow ended up with
values not in my column.  My column includes about 6 different dates,
this is what I would expect to see in my filter options.  Instead, I'm
seeing about 20 different dates.

Are these stored values somewhere, and can they easily be cleared?

Thanks
0
dickharlo (9)
4/26/2009 12:11:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I bet you looked at a subset of the rows to determine the 6 dates.

Or...

Maybe you have a bunch of data under the table you wanted filtered.  And you
selected the entire column to filter--instead of just that single table.

--

Dave Peterson
0

OL2000 filtering junk by domain
Since a lot of junk seems to come from the same domains I am trying to set up my filters to reject the domain only. I can't find KB references to it. Assuming junk@garbage.com do I list @garbage.com or garbage.com (neither of these seem to work actually) I'm doing this in the Junk Mail Edit, is this the right place?? TIA Steve L. Steve Lenaghan wrote: > Since a lot of junk seems to come from the same domains I am trying to > set up my filters to reject the domain only. I can't find KB references > to it. > > Assuming junk@garbage.com do I list > @g...

How to change the string value in the registry?
How to change the "string value" in the registry from the code? As there is a functionality in my application that the user can change the "string value" with some GUI. But I m not able to change it as there is a function RegReplaceKey but its only to take the backup of old file and to replace it with new one and even i dont know how to use this functin to suit my case. RegSetValue/Ex() should do it I think. -Seetharam Look at the Registry APIs. Also, take a look at my Registry class on my MVP Tips site. joe On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:59:33 -0700, HItz <hitesh_im...

Getting rid of #value
How am I able to add a column of numbers when one of the numbers in the formula is itself a formula that results in #VALUE (because that number the product of zero times another number)? Thanks First, the product of zero and another number shouldn't be giving you #VALUE!. Your best bet is to fix or bypass whatever is causing the #VALUE! error. If you can't do that for some reason, array-enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A20),"",A1:A20)) In article <_e6dnZvUCo7b1mHdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net>...

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

'Counter' value of the 'Perflib' subkey
I have a program which queries the 'Counter' value of the 'Perflib' subkey in the Windows registry using RegQueryValueEx. It used to work fine but now the debug build of my program is broken on Windows 2008 Server R2. The 'Counter' value is a REG_MULTI_SZ type data and is terminated with two NULL characters. However, I found out for Windows 2008 Server R2, the value returned from RegQueryValueEx has an extra character(0xcdcd) after the two NULL characters, which ends the 'Counter' string value. And that extra character causes my program to fail ...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Hide columns according to background fill color
I am having trouble understanding how Excel handles colors. I have a public sub that sets a public variable, "TermColor" using the RGB function. TermColor is of type MsoRGBType. In another module, I use the TermColor variable as follows: Sub WeedColsByColor(ByRef Clr, ByRef WS) Dim LastCol, i As Long With Worksheets(WS) LastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count 'hide columns if they have one of the forbidden colors Debug.Print (CBool(.Cells(2, i).Interior.Color = Clr)) ...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

Consecutive Filtering
Appreciate it if anyone can help me to resolve this problem. I am working with Proj 2007. Example I want to do a filter for all the sites I have in Region 1. Project will complete the filtering with no problems. However, if I wanted to further filter to where I want to find out what sites I have in Phase 1 MS project does not show all choices in the filter dropdown box. What can I do to be able to filter consecutively? Appreciate any assistance provided. -- Django Hello Django, Are you using autofilters on the field headings or are you creating the filter through the Proj...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Column width
In Sheet 1 I have a certain amount of data, I want to select some cells and copy them to Sheet 2 keeping the same format. When I do this, the fonts and the colours remain unchanged, but the column width don't. I have tried paste special, but couldn't figure it out. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- --Copy range --Select the target cell and right click >PasteSpecial>All>OK --Keeping the target selection right click>PasteSpecial>select ColumnWidth>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Emece"...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

How do a use a string as a param for a cmdlet when it contains opt
I have a script that cleans out old files, currently it is in this format write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include *.txt foreach($x in $a) { $y = ((Get-Date) - $x.CreationTime).Days if ($y -gt 28 -and $x.PsISContainer -ne $True) {$x.Delete()} } #Keep DESADV for 28 days write-host "\\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml" $a = Get-ChildItem \\sapecc01\Integration\SCC\Archive\* -Include DESADV_*.xml foreach($x in $a) ...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

Copying non-adjacent columns to adjacent rows
Hi all, I consider myself fluent in Excel, but I've developed a situation that has stumped me. Any help would be much appreciated. I might be able to solve this issue if somebody could show me how to add a number to a column. For example, if I want Excel to pull data from Column D, how can I get Excel to realize that column D is really the same thing as Column A + 3? I know you can use the column() command to get the numerical value for a column, but is there a way to have it do that in reverse, such that you could tell it the column number is 4 and it would know that you are referring...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...