Fill Series #3

All,

    I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right.   Upon doing this
excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column.   I want it to move up
2 columns.  For example here is the starting folrmula:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0))

but every time I do a fill series I get the following:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0))

and I would like when I do a fill series  for the next formula to result in
:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0))

Basically I want the automatic excel step function to go up by 2 columns
instead of 1 when doing a fill series.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Let me specify as well,     I am trying to fill a series in a row to the
right.   Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1
column.   I want it to move up 2 columns (when only moving 1 cell to the
right).

"Nathan Bell" <Nathan.Bell@decisionone.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
>     I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right.   Upon doing this
> excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column.   I want it to move
up
> 2 columns.  For example here is the starting folrmula:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
> A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0))
>
> but every time I do a fill series I get the following:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
> B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0))
>
> and I would like when I do a fill series  for the next formula to result
in
> :

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
> C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0))
>
> Basically I want the automatic excel step function to go up by 2 columns
> instead of 1 when doing a fill series.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nathan

Excel doesnt always handle this series filling very well when using
ISERROR - you may want to try referencing a cell in each column for the
formula

> Let me specify as well,     I am trying to fill a series in a row to the
> right.   Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1
> column.   I want it to move up 2 columns (when only moving 1 cell to the
> right).
>
> "Nathan Bell" <Nathan.Bell@decisionone.com> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>>     I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right.   Upon doing this
>> excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column.   I want it to move
> up
>> 2 columns.  For example here is the starting folrmula:
>>

> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
>> A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0))
>>
>> but every time I do a fill series I get the following:
>>

> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
>> B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0))
>>
>> and I would like when I do a fill series  for the next formula to result
> in
>> :
>>

> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$
>> C$4:NPIData!$D$82,2,0))
>>
>> Basically I want the automatic excel step function to go up by 2 columns
>> instead of 1 when doing a fill series.  Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Nathan

0
Sunil
3/17/2005 4:08:16 PM
"Nathan Bell"
> Let me specify as well,     I am trying to fill a series in a row to the
> right.   Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1
> column.   I want it to move up 2 columns (when only moving 1 cell to the
> right).

May can insert a row(1:1) as Series numbers.
using function offset($A$1,0,A$1*2,1,1) locate those cell.

0
Cactus

Ignoring 0 values in the series data
How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data and not show these? replace zeros with =NA() Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38003 You can delete the formulas that are producing zero, or replace them with =IF(formula=0,#N/A,formula) Jerry Alison wrote: > How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data a...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Backgrounds forgets fill effects
Word uses the same "fill effects" that Publisher uses. It's easy to modify the settings in Word because each time you bring up the fill effects it's already filled in with your existing setting. However, Publisher's fill effects dialog box for "More backgrounds..." comes up blank; not filled in with existing settings. This makes it difficult to evaluate and try new settings. Surely this is either a problem with my setup or a bug in Publisher. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying. When you se...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

?-Change data series range as data is entered?
I have a chart which shows a prediction curve and an actual curve. The prediction curve runs out until the end of a project. The actual curve is populated as data is entered. I will be generating a number of these charts from a datatable. I would like to plot the prediction curve for the duration of the project (easy). I would then like to plot the actual curve with only the existing data and not have the line drop to the x-axis at the end. Can I put a formula in the data series "x values" field? I hope that my description makes sense..... Thanks, Carl -- isofuncurves ---...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

How do I determine statistical relationship between two series
Supermani - > How do I determine statistical relationship between two series < If the "two series" are time sequence data, e.g., monthly sales and monthly advertising over several years, start with a Line chart showing the two series. If the "two series" are cross-sectional data, e.g., productivity-units and hours-of-training for each member of a group during a single time period, start with an XY (Scatter) chart. Then add a trendline or use worksheet functions like CORREL to obtain summary measures. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Change fill color of cell
Hello, Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit. I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I format the cells by hand. Any ...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

Changing series formula
Hello, Im using the WorksheetFunction.Substitute code to change a series formula. But when a series sources data which is #NA, the code wont work, as the data is not visible on the chart. Anyway around this to change those series also? many thanks ahead. Ali - Convert the series type to xlArea first, then you'll be able to access the series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Ali wrote: > Hello, > > Im using the WorksheetFunction.Substitute code to change a series formula. But when a series sources ...

Toolbar associated with fill handle
Can anyone tell me how to stop this little thing appearing in 2002. I don't think it's a smart tag, and I can't find out what it's called. Bernice Barratt I'm not sure what you're referring to but if it's the Auto Fill Options popup try unchecking Show Paste Options Buttons under Tools, Options, Edit. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bernice L" <Bernice L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E33606CE-1F91-4241-BC05-D52208BE3CA2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to stop this little thing appearing in 2002. I > don't > t...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Winmail.dat #3
I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) and until recently everything had been running fine. Just recently users in the US started getting winmail.dat attachments when our users from Malaysia attach a file to an email. Most users should be using Outlook 2000/xp/2003. Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info In news:2707A015-E765-4937-A581-2978AF13FDA4@microsoft.com, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) > and until recently everything had been running fine. Just ...