Fill a spreadsheet automatically after one cell is input

Okay, I know how a normal autofill works.  However, how do I do it in
this case?
Spreadsheet has formulae.  User makes a selection and VLookup instantly
populates the rest of the table with information.  So how do I
instantly populate said spreadsheet where it autofills the row once it
is selected.  An IsBlank() formula works in theory, but then I have to
autofill the first 500 rows or so.  I want something that just
dynamically moves to fill the row as the user gets to it.
Is it possible?

0
jmeyer (6)
1/15/2007 5:55:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

For what you are stating I think that you are looking at some way or adding
the extra data once the user has added some information.

I can only suggest VBA macros.

1. Use a userform in VBA and once the user has entered the data process it.
2. Use a worksheet event to pick up a change and process accordingly.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Justin" wrote:

> Okay, I know how a normal autofill works.  However, how do I do it in
> this case?
> Spreadsheet has formulae.  User makes a selection and VLookup instantly
> populates the rest of the table with information.  So how do I
> instantly populate said spreadsheet where it autofills the row once it
> is selected.  An IsBlank() formula works in theory, but then I have to
> autofill the first 500 rows or so.  I want something that just
> dynamically moves to fill the row as the user gets to it.
> Is it possible?

exchange queue filling up with spam
Using exchange 2003, my queue is getting filled with a lot of spam. What can I do to make sure that my server is not acting as an open relay? Also does the queue only show outgoing mail? Ray The queues for the most part show outbound connection attemtps (which is why remote domains are listed). There are a couple of other queues for inbound message flow. When you look at your outbound queues, who is the sender? If it is <>, or Administrator, it is usually NDR's your server is trying to deliver. If this is the case, then I'd recommend turning on recipient filterin...

Automatically Open File After Download?
I have a file extension associated with my application. What I'd like is when a user downloads a file with my extension, that instead of the prompt "Save As, Open, etc", I'd like the file to automatically download and open up in my application. Is this possible and if so, what are the registry keys that I have to setup? Is there a class somewhere that could possibly help with this? TIA. There is a reason the browser does that. It is called "security". No user should do a download without being given the option of what to do. joe On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:06...

couting occurence using multiple dates in single cell
Hi, I need to count the no. of meeting that took place in each month. My worksheet is January Feb to Dec column A column B Column C to Column M Column C (data) 1 name no of meeting No of meeting 2 Jack 1/1/09, 1/3/09, 2/1/09, 2/5/09, 3/1/09.4/1/09 3 Peter 2/1/09, 3/1/09,3/15/09 4 Paul 3/1/09, 4/1/09, 4/2/09 is there a way to count the ...

import excel spreadsheet without empty rows (causing nulls)
Hi. I am trying to import an excel file into access. The import goes fine or so I thought. When I opened the table it had all my excel data plus over 9000 null valued records.So instead of getting a record set number of 200 records, I got over 9200. I have re imported the table after deleting empty rows (<-it felt pointless because there was nothing that I was deleting, I just figured there was something hidden) in the spreadsheet but it did the same thing. Is there something that attaches to the spreadsheet that causes null records? Please let me know if you know what has happened. Thank...

Calculate field with input from different table
Hi all, I would like to calculate a value of a field in table A via a formula. However, some input for this formula contains a field in table B. To put differently, in table A I would like to set the data type of one field to "calculated" and use a field from table B within the formula. Unfortunately, Access 2007 only offers me all the fields within table A for incorporation in my formula. How can I use a field from a different table for a calculated field in another table? Best, Andreas On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:27:22 -0800 (PST), Andreas <andreas.vester@gmail.com&g...

referencing the cell above
Hi I have a kin a formula wich gets the value from the cell above and then add some. What I get is an list of values incrementing. When I delete one row in this list, all cells below 'crashes' with #REF!. What I need is that for the formulas to always look one cell up, even if I delete a row. Now it seems that if I delete Row8, then when Row9 become Row8 it reference to it self and then ov course goes bananas... Hope I made myself understandable ;-) Any ideas folks? -------- stuhag --------- Instead of using say =A19, use =OFFSET(A20,-1,0). This would go in A20, and as it does...

Worksheet name in cell
Hi, Is it possible to set the worksheet name for a cell. Eg. In cell A1, how to set A1="Sheet1" if Sheet1 is the worksheet name. If the worksheet name changes to "abc" then A1 should reflect "abc". Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thank You. Regards, Giri Giri, Try =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Giri" <giri_here@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0...

leading zeros as a cell format
Hi All, I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have tried 0?-??????? and 0#-####### but no luck. Heres is what my permit number look 01-2345678 & 02-8765432. thanks, Dave Format as text. "Dave" <davidstevans@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c0dd9d3-5785-44cd-9d1b-a5f0d2280e28@u16g2000pru.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I have an issue with formating cells. I have a permit number that has > leading zeros sometimes, so I must display them when entered. I have &...

How do I make a number have leading zeros to fill width of cell?
I am trying to format existing data so that instead of being a set amount of digits, say 2 for example, it fills out the column based on its width, say 6, with leading zeros. Example - I have 55122 in a cell that has a width of 6, and I want it to say 055122. I know that changing the cell format to text and re-entering the data would fix this problem, but I want a way to change the data without re-entering it. You can use a custom format of 000000, but by width, do you mean that if the cell is widened it gets extra leading digits? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if m...

Password not working on one machine
This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected and can be open by everyone except for this one computer. It's saying that the password is not correct. It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells me it's computer specific. I have tried a different keyboard, with no luck...any suggestions would be great. I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button. Could it be something that simple? M. Lord wrote: > > This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected > and can be open by e...

How do I stop my mouse from changing the size of the spreadsheet?
How do I make the Microsoft mouse stop the zoom effect when I have it on the spreadsheet. I want to scroll up or down not zoom in or zoom out. Thx 2003..........Tools>Options>General Uncheck "Zoom on roll with Intellimouse" 2007..........Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing Options. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:43:01 -0700, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I make the Microsoft mouse stop the zoom effect when I have it on the >spreadsheet. I want to scroll up or down not zoom in or zoom ...

Copy column from one sheet to another
I'm keeping grades in multiple worksheets in the same workbook. I'd like to copy the column showing the total of the weekly grades (using the SUM formula) on worksheet 2 to the column on worksheet 1 for that assignment (worksheet 1 reflects all the assignments which is why I just need the sum). When I simply do a copy and paste, I get #REF in the 'weekly' column and in the 'total' and 'grade' columns (total is the total of all assignments, grade is a series of if, then statements so I end up with A, B, C etc). How do I do this to just get the number and...

Getting the max date after filtering out the deleted ones
Hello i have a little problem. my tblServiceReports has 3 fields that i need to manipulate. the fields are ProductID, ServiceReportDate and SRDateDeleted i also have a ServiceReportID field as the key for the table. each product in my db can have one to many service reports. what i am trying to do is create a query that pulls the max date for the service report so that i can show the last time the product was serviced. there is a catch, cause i know you think that what i just asked how to do in the last paragraph was easy. i also need to filter out bad data. what? filter BAD data, w...

Copy cell to next sheet in next available row
I have a two sheet workbook. The first sheet named "Financial_Data" performs the calculations and saves the total to a cell named PTotal. I am trying to develop a macro to open the next sheet (Historical_Data), insert the date, then move into the next column and paste the PTotal cell contents. Everytime the macro is run, preferably daily, I would like it to drop to the next empty row and paste the current info. When I run the macro below, it overwrites what was previously there. Can anyone help with this? Sub HistDataMove() Sheets("Historical_Data").Select ...

Fill array with Values
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. This does not work, and I'm not sure how else to write the code so that each array will be filled with the values. Any help would be great, Thanks, Brad code========================= Dim lowlet() As String Dim upperlet() As String Dim thenum() As Integer Dim chara() As String lowlet() = "a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z" upperlet() = "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z" thenum() = "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0" chara() = "!@#%^*" Hi At top of mo...

Passing Parameters from One DataSource to the Next for CRM 3.0
I am writing a report in Reporting Services (RS) 2005 I have one Data Source extracting a values from one Database and another extracting from another Database. I need to use a value from the first dataset to use as a parameter for the next dataset. I create a report parameter and set the default value from the query. In the second data source i set the query as ="exec plcCRPricelistTesting " & Parameters!CUSTNMBR.Value & " " I am executing a sproc, I have to use queries it doesn't matter the issue is that that Parameter causes the report to fail. Al...

automatically insert a row below the one that's being edited
Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before but I cant't find it! What I need is this: A spreadsheet has a number of rows of data, separated by blank rows. If a user enters data into one of the blank rows, I need a macro that will automatically add a new blank row beneath. I know it's a worksheet event, but it's really late right now and I can't get my head around it - any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance, Phil Hi Phil, Only very limited testing on the following code... 'Note that you can reset the whole thing by running 'the GetBlankRowN...

Can I get Excel to recalculate just one cell?
I have a bug somewhere in a UDF I wrote. I put some breakpoints in the code, but it's called from 30-40 cells in the worksheet. Is there a way to get Excel to recalculate just one cell so I don't have to keep setting and resetting the breakpoints or hit F5 30-40 times until all of the other cells finish? In the past, I've just pressed F2 on the cell in question and I thought it only re-executed that one cell. Today it is recalculating the entire sheet and, sometimes, the entire workbook. Hi Prof Wonmug, Try This Open Tools -> Options Goto tab Calculation Selec...

Cell colors
If cell A1 is larger than B1 color fill A1 red. I have Excel 97 and don't know visual basic. Hi Beergut, You do not need to use VBA. Look at Conditional Formatting. If you are not familiar with Conditional Formatting see Debra Dalgleish's excellent tutorial and examples at: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html --- Regards, Norman "Beergut" <beergut@easy.comINVALID> wrote in message news:ipb9m0hgq1o0ldd479oe9jtha0f600he2i@4ax.com... > If cell A1 is larger than B1 color fill A1 red. > > I have Excel 97 and don't know visual ...

All of sudden cells won't accept more than 1 digit
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I suspect I've inadvertently set something somewhere that is doing this but cannot fathom what. Two days ago it was working just fine. Now all of a sudden, spreadsheets i've used for years will not accept more than one digit in a cell. I can paste data into cells, but cannot edit it without it changing to a single digit. Anyone have any inspirations as to how to remedy this situation? This sounds like there might be some sort of validation on the cells? <br><br>To remove validation, sele...

How do I set my email account to automatically blind copy me
When an email is sent out how do I have it automatically send a copy back to me? "dbrite" <dbrite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F84BAC1-01E5-4A15-9319-50198B7ACCA9@microsoft.com... > When an email is sent out how do I have it automatically send a copy back > to > me? Why would you want to? Outlook by default saves a copy of the sent email in your Sent Items... Gordon wrote: > "dbrite" <dbrite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:7F84BAC1-01E5-4A15-9319-50198B7ACCA9@microsoft.com... >...

How to link trendline equation in graph to cell?
I can display a trendline equation in a graph but wish to link this equation to a particular cell. I know I can copy and paste it but the cell equation woln't update when the raw data changes. Also the LINEST function woln't work because the raw data is not linear. Thank you Help for LINEST/LOGEST is extremly misleading. They fit functions that are linear in the unknown coefficients (not just straight lines) which includes all chart trendlines. For polynomials see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm For logarithmic trendlines see http://groups-beta....

Automatic spelling check
I'm unable to use email spell check . It says"This language is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the spelling options dialog" "Automatic spell check" <Automatic spell check@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99F788CE-BDD1-418A-BC1D-A960B3AAC584@microsoft.com... > I'm unable to use email spell check . It says"This language is no longer > available for spell checking. Please select another in the spelling > options > dialog" > You need to go to the Tools menu on the main...

Code to select rows by a null cell in a set column
Excel 2003 I have a 3 worksheet workbook (Instructions, Contacts, Import), On the Contacts worksheet there is 5 columns, Column "A" has a numeric value of "1" in all cells (Approx 300 Rows that contain data) The other columns contain text. This workbook is for a master email list that will allow a user to select the contacts they want to import into Outlook (on the Contacts Sheet) by removing the "1" in Column "A" After the user has removed the "1" from all rows that they do NOT want imported, then I want them to be able to click a button to...

Can't turn off "Automatic" update on links
[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing works. I want to be asked to update links, as I always have in the past. Something has changed. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve Tools>Options>Edit. Check "ask to update automatic links". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:07 -0800, "Steve Chambers" <stephen.g.chambers@delphi.com> wrote: >[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote >references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing >wor...