Faulting application error in excel

I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel.  It repeats with the
same error each time in the event viewer:

Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36,
faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug?
0, fault address 0x000b035a.

I have tried a repair install.  A remove and reinstall.  Along with
steps to remove the excel profile.

The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times
or more each day.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jason
0
portwojc (1)
1/31/2011 7:12:45 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is a guess and may not work, but ...

I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crashes in Excel (and windows
programs) are poorly written printer drivers.

I'd try changing to a different printer driver.  If that works, you may want to
see if getting a fresh driver from the printer manufacturer's site helps.

If it doesn't help, you may want to see if you have any video acceleration
settings that you can adjust -- or maybe even new/fresh drivers for your video card.

(That's been reported as troublesome, too.)

If neither of these works, then can you start excel in safe mode and use it
without crashing?

Windows start button|Run
excel /safe

Maybe it's a misbehaving addin that's causing trouble????

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

Essentially, you'll turn off all the addins/startup workbooks and then open
excel.  And then turn on each addin (closing and reopening) one at a time to
find the culprit.

Please report back with any updates.  I'm curious.

--
Dave Peterson
0

number rounding in MS Excel