extract year from Date Value

Good morning,

Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such
as this 11/20/2009?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
0
Takeadoe
4/8/2010 1:17:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With the Date in A1, place =YEAR(A1) in B1

Takeadoe wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Could someone help me extract the year portion from a date value such
> as this 11/20/2009?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike

0
Bob

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

adding months to an inputted date
I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05". Thank you for any help that you may be able to give. Logan =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+2,DAY(B1)) however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is 01/30/05? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BLW" wrote: > I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different > cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type >...

Summing Values using multiple criertia
Does anybody know a formula I could use to sum a range of values based on multiple criertia? Example: Division Type Wage Bulk Driver 200.00 Bulk Admin 400.00 General Admin 500.00 Bulk Driver 100.00 I want to sum the wages for Divison "Bulk" & Type "Driver". How can I do this??? Thanks! Jane =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A4="Bulk")*(B2:B4="Driver")*(C2:C4)) If there are lots of such totals, you may want to consider a pivot table rather than formulas. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:14:27 -0700, "Jane" <anonymous@dis...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

Convert date to months
I have a database that has multiple dates in it. What I am trying to do is in one field I have a date and I am want that date to convert to months in another field. Can anyone help me on this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 are you trying to find months between dates? or convert 4 to April? Look at format function for ways to display months, datediff function for months difference.. "bohon79 via AccessMonster.com" <u35329@uwe> wrote in message news:74ac2f3f40ce9@uwe... >I have a database ...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Date comparison better method
Select col1, col2 from TableName where DateColumn BETWEEN '2010-06-01' and '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' Select col1, col2 from TableName where WHERE DateColumn >= '2010-06-01' AND DateColumn < '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' I am seeing in a project both the above methods of data range filering is happening in different SPs. I am trying to understand which is the better method of comparing two date values and why? [Btw i know BETWEEN considers both the upper and lower limit] Regards Pradeep I would say the following is the better approach: ...

Extracting Time from a cell that has both the date and the time
Hi Folks, I could do with some help here please. I am trying to extract the time only from a cell that has both the date and the time. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance. :confused: -- Hani Muhtadi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466177 If you just wish the time to display, set the cell format to Time. If you wish to use the time portion then =A1-Int(A1) will give you...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

Extract Values from a Column
I have a worksheet used to track time spent on various jobs. One column is for the JOB # while others are for descriptions, etc. I would like to have formulas or possible a macro (if necessary) to sum the time spent on different jobs. For example, say (for simplicity) that each row is equal to 1 unit of time. Then in this row I put 342 for JOB # 342. After the entire day I have worked on say 5 different jobs. I would like to have a cell that says "Total time spent on Job # 342" and then next to it a formula that would look at the column and count all the values that are equal t...

Counting dates
I am trying to count the number of dates in a column that appear b month and year. For instance, I some that are 11/23/2003 and 11/24/200 and 11/21/2002. How can I makew a formula that will count the instance of 11/2003 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)*(MONTH(A1:A100)=11)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jdavis3874 >" <<jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nos...

Cannot view inbox by date
After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. We have tried /cleanviews switch to no avail. All other views work fine. Any ideas so I can prevent this happening again? Thanks PocketJacks <dallano@hotmail.com> wrote: > After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product > last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. > They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. What happens when they try? -- ...

Value shading map issue
I am creating a map in Excel using MS Map to show a US map. When using the value shading function, I can't figure out how to keep the states that have no values blank. What happens is the key shows a range of values (0- 10, 11-20). I need the states that have NO value to have their own color (or lack of color) and I am not sure how to do this... Any suggestions? Chris In your data, you could calculate the state name in a new column, and use the calculated name in the map. For example, if state names are in column D, and values are in column E: =IF(E2=0,"",D2) Th...

Recognise a payee with date and time in it
Hi Everyone Each time I withdraw cash from my bank account, it puts it in my statement as: 21Mar 10.13 Well't Sq for example. So each time I withdraw cash, the date and time are going to be different. I want money to recognise on my downloaded statements that any statement line with Well't Sq in it, means a cash withdrawal - i.e. ignore the date and time as obviously that will be different everytime I take cash out. Is there anyway of getting Money to recognise part of the payee rather than thinking all my cash withdrawals are different payees? Thanks! Hannah Quicken doe...

custom report not showing values
I have uploaded a very simple SRS report that includes "out of box fields" and custom fields. When I run the report, instead of my custom field values showing in the report, I get the id of the value. What am I missing? -Melissa ...