extract the added data

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C5AB00.52CE5210

We have a workbook with a large list of names and email addresses, =
problem is that 2 people have copied the sheet and added extra names and =
email's to each of there sheets. I need a way to extract the added data =
so they can be added to the original. Is this possible?

Sandy
------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C5AB00.52CE5210

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We have a&nbsp;workbook with a large =
list of names=20
and email addresses, problem is that 2 people have copied the sheet and =
added=20
extra names and email's to each of there sheets. I need a way to extract =
the=20
added data so they can be added to the original. Is this =
possible?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sandy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C5AB00.52CE5210--

0
san (2)
8/27/2005 2:10:32 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

At least on Excel 2002 you can track changes by Sharing Workbook.
If you go to [Tools>Share Workbook] and turn on sharing function then
the track changes will be started.
After it is turned on, Excel helps to keep change history for you.

mas
-----
http://sapass.metro.client.jp

yes I can understand this, but it is too late for this instance.

is there some way if we paste the larger email address list into say column
F and the original email addresses were in column C, is there some way to
get it to say if an address in column F is in column C ? then we could sort
by the result and copy the extra data ??

Sandy.
"mas" <mas_detokyo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> At least on Excel 2002 you can track changes by Sharing Workbook.
> If you go to [Tools>Share Workbook] and turn on sharing function then
> the track changes will be started.
> After it is turned on, Excel helps to keep change history for you.
>
> mas
> -----
> http://sapass.metro.client.jp

0
san (2)
8/29/2005 4:36:48 AM
What you want can be done either by 'VLOOKUP' function or 'MATCH'.
Assuming you have updated address in column C and original address i
Column F.

Put below formula say column D.
=VLOOKUP(Cn,F:F,1,0) or =MATCH(Cn,F:F,0)
For the entries you get other than "#N/A" is on column F.

If you don't like re-calculation, you can make this into VBA code.

Regards,
ma

--
mas_detoky

mas_detokyo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2671
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39968

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

PivotChart data labels
Is it possible to have data labels as a percentage on a pivotchart ? Hi, What kind of chart are you making - pie, line, bar, ....? What version of Excel are you using? You can add data labels to pivot chart by choose Chart, Chart Option, Data Labels. You can add a custom label by calculating the percent in the data range of the spreadsheet and then using the free download form http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm. However, everytime you refresh the pivot table the data labels will return to their defaults. This problem can be avoided by using a Pie chart. In which case ...

Calculat Median for each data group?
I have a table with the folling fields: REGION COMPETITOR BIN1 BIN2 BIN3 PRICE and I am using this function to calculate a median: Function MedianF(pTable As String, pfield As String) As Single Dim rs As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim n As Integer Dim sglHold As Single strSQL = "SELECT " & pfield & " from " & pTable & " WHERE " & pfield & ">0 Order by " & pfield & ";" Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL) rs.MoveLast n = rs.RecordCount rs.Move -Int(n / 2) ...

adding exchange account error
I have SBS2000 w exch2k sp3. I have 10 users using office 2000 with no problems. We received a corperate hand down pc last week with Win2k & office XP. When I try to setup the exchange mail account it gives me an error that it can not login to the exchange server. I am logged into the domain and my login script is running. I checked my DNS entries and they are to the 2K server. It can resolve the server name. Any help is appreciated. Hello, Please review the following article and check for RPC Binding Order and RPC ClientProtocols: 325930 XCCC: How to Troubleshoot Connectivity I...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

MailMerge - merge with data in Excel
++Using Word&Excel 2000 on Windows 2000++ If I am doing a mail merge in Word with data in EXCEL, than Word supposes the first Excel-Row to contain the field-names and the following Excel-Rows contains the data Can I organize things in the other direction : - field-names in the first Column instead of Row - data in the next Columns instead of Rows My intention is to achieve a better navigation and better view upon the data, without using a form Is the impossible possible ? Thanks in advance - paul ...

Data Validation / Cell Entry
Hi Is there a way I can force a user to make an entry in a cell without using macros/code? EG: If the result of cell A1 = "XYZ" can I force them to make an entry in cell B1. ( If cell A1 = "" then no entry is required in B1). Hope that makes sense. Thanks Steve This won't force the user, but it will make it obvious. Format C1 in nice bold red letters and put a formula in that cell like: =if(and(a1="",b1<>""),"Please clear B1",if(a1="xyz",b1=""), "please put something in B1","") (...

Adding CRM users on an SBS2003 instance
I just installed CRM 3.0 on our instance of SBS2003. All of the documentation I've read thus far instructs me to use Active Directory to add new users. What about using SBS2003's built in "Server Management" app, will that work as well? I have a half a dozen existing users on the SBS server prior to installing CRM. Some have Exchange email boxes some do not. How do I go about adding them to CRM? I assume the ones with exchange email boxes will need to have one set up for them to fully participate in CRM. This is my FIRST ever CRM installation, so please be gentle if these are...

Binary Data to CString ?
Hi guys, What's the best (preferred) way to fill a CString with binary data ? It would be great if the data didn't have to be null-terminated. Like this: BYTE* pBuffer; // buffer gets filled here (no null-terminater) // I can add null-terminater if I have to but would rather not CString strBuffer = Fill_It_Up(); // what do I do here ? myWindow.SetWindowText(strBuffer); Thanks. You HAVE to have a null terminator, there's no way around it. "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> wrote in message news:ueqbVluJEHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > W...

cross referenceing data in excel
I have two data sets in excel, each with the same unique id. I am trying to enrich the data from one data set with the other. Therefore if for example I have name and address details & the unique ID on one sheet AND I have say annual spend and unique ID on another sheet. I want to combine the data sets using the unique ID as the identifier and create one whole data set. ie. have one data set with unique ID, name & Address and spend on one sheet Can this be done? VLOOKUP can give you just what you wantSuppose we have a table of pet IDs, pet names and pet types starting in A...

How do I paste to append instead of replace existing data?
You have to paste into the formula bar. Select the target cell, press F2 and then Ctrl-v. -- Jim "Joel Thomas" <Joel Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23323C34-7569-4E47-B29E-D981D385A04B@microsoft.com... | ...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

trouble importing data by paste
I'm using MSP 2007 Std. I'm copying data from a Filemaker (database) screen and updating an MSProject file (with predefined tasks) by pasting it into the project. When the data is pasted, MSP is adding an extra line of data between the last and second to the last lines of data. So, in essence, it is inserting a task. I have no idea where this is coming from. I've experimented and the copied data goes cleanly into an Excel file and cleanly into a blank Project file. Any ideas? or workarounds? I don't have Filemaker to try this; but the way to figure out where...

Exchange Migration : Consolidation of 2 AD domains in a new forest
I've done some research about this topic but there seems to be a lot of contradictory information posted on the web. Below I tried to describe the scenario and put some questions so that we could discuss here. Many thanks --------------------------------------------------- GOAL Migrate AD users (Windows 2003) and Exchange 2003 (2 servers in the same organization) from FORESTOLD to FORESTNEW REASON Need to consolidate 2 domains in one with a new name STEPS S1. Install Exchange in the new forest S2. Migrate users to the new forest - Use ADMT to move users - Set option to move sIDHis...

external data #4
how do i read a txt file with names and query an internal webpage to find information about the person ...

Sample data error
When I try to double click on the Microsoft.Crm.DemoDataWizard.exe, I have got this error Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process id=0x1318(4888), Thread id=0xe30(3632 Click ok to terminate the applicatio Click Cancel to debug the applicatio When I click debug, I hit another error: o debugger found Has anyone experience this before? Have I left out something? ...

importing data #2
Have reciently installed Outlook 2002 & do not know how to import data from current contact managment data base (Daytimer) ...

find and replace data in a yes/no field
How do you find and replace a Yes/No field? I want to find all no entries and globally replace them with a yes entry. Any assistance is deeply appreciated. Write a query UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No; The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be making them all True anyway. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:BvoPi.155$Q6.102@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > > How do you find and replace ...

Where is data stored
When I create custom reports, I spend a lot of time finding the table where the data is stored. For instance, when a case is resolved, you can enter the amount of billable time used for the case. But in what table is the data stored? Is there an easy way to find where data is stored? Have you installed the Crystal Enhancement for CRM on your Crystal Reports workstation? This lets you connect to the CRM application and see the entities in a more organized way, which saves some hunting around. Other than that, it just takes some experimentation. Good luck, Matt Wittemann http://icu-...

stumped on creating dependent data validation lists
I created 2 Data Validation lists with Indirect functions. On trying to use them in conjunction with a 3rd list, i realized my logic in trying to accomplish what i need had been flawed. The problem is that the 3rd list, which should be dependent on the 1st 2, changes location. That is, i have a very busy worksheet. In the main body of the worksheet, there are no empty rows and columns. But almost every cell needs to have dependent validation lists to select items from. The main body is from A13 to AW131. In the area E14 to Q131, I have the potential to need a dependent dropdown list i...

How can collect data from multiple sheets in the same workbook?
Hello, I am trying to collect data from multiple sheet in a workbook. I want to summarize the data on a seperate for printing. rrok, Please post your workbook (or a sample if sensative data) - scroll down and see "Manage Attachments". -- stanleydgromjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154322 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url...

Adding argument description to custom functions
Hi does anyone knows how to add description to custom functions' arguments so that a description of each argument can be displayed in the formula palette? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ VBA functions don't support text descriptions in the Function wizard. You can look at the information Laurent Longre has posted on his site about this: http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm Newer addin that supports this: http://longre.free.fr...

Data Validation Question
I want to be able to create a drop-down list (which I know how to do), but I want an error message to appear when a certain value is selected. For instance, let's say my list contains 3 choices: yes no maybe Whenever "no" is selected, I want an error message to appear. I can't figure out how to make a drop-down list AND create a error box using data validation. Also, I want an error message to appear no matter what value is selected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Data validation supports showing a message when the cell is selected and when an invalid entry is...

Convert Quickbooks data to Great Plains
My client has recently implemented Great Plains. They would like to convert all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into Great Plains. Any recommendations on tools to use? Thanks. C Integration Manager works but depending on what data they had in QB you most likely will have to modify some of the data and maybe export it to excel and add a couple more columns so that it will integrate sucessfully. I've done a few QB to GP conversions that way. "Clay Stapp" <Clay Stapp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6622EA51-6D73-42D0-B...