extrace a data record from large worksheet.

I would appreciate it if someone could give a bit of direction.

I have a large spreadsheet - 139 cols by 170 rows - and I need to
extract data from certain columns in certain rows. I'm thinking that I
need to 'lookup'  each label: about seven of them, and return for each
of those lookup data from all 139 columns.

ie: blue, red, purple, orange as row labels;  getting date from jan2,
jan3, jan4, jan5 ... columns.

this date would go into a data list, under the columns: blue, red etc.

I can do lookups, have some experience with arrays, and have worked
with simple loops.

I'm just not sure where to begin, I would be happy with basic
guidlines about where to start, or just an outline of what I need to
do.

Thanks for your consideration

Andrew

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Doing Analysis from large amounts of DATA
Hi all, I have an attachment that's apart of this message & within it I have 3 tabs 1) Revenue 2) Expenses & 3) Net Position. I would like to do some Analysis on the above three thou a way where I can manipulate the Data. How would I go about doing this? I've tried a Pivot Table thou it didn�t work out in the sense that it was messy & just failed in calculating stuff, not sure if I did it right thou.. Would really appreciate all the help as I actually have about 20 of these sheets which from that fall into 4 groups being 5 sheets per group. I hope this all makes sense, wo...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

Convert Column to row with variable data
Hi I'm using Excel 2k and I have a spreadsheet that looks like this Name Address Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 and need it to look like this Name Address 1 Address2 Address3 Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 I have a macro that can convert from column to row but only for a set number of columns. Is there any way to account for the variable amount of data for each address ? Any help much appreciated Thanks David David: I suggest the following formulae - copied down as necessary: C2: =IF(...

Connection filtering record
1. I have set up connection filtering. How can I see what mail is being rejected? 2. Since setting up connection filtering the email tracking shows all emails being delivered to the intended recipient AND the badmail folder. Could someone explain this? To answer your first question, take a look here: http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/html/log_analyzer.htm Not sure about the second question. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nate" <nmorse@aimcomm.com> wrote in message news:ewUBm6C3DHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

Deleting record from bindingsource
Hi I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source TblClientsBindingSource. The binding source has a data table as its data source as per below code; dAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblClients WHERE ...", Conn) dAdapter.Fill(dTable) TblClientsBindingSource.DataSource = dTable My question is; how do I delete the record currently pointed to by the binding source from the backend database table tblClients? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source &g...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

How do I show a data table with legend keys in a line chart?
I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone help me? Hi, I tried it in both 2007 and 2003 and had no problems. We need more infomation, can you post a sample of the chart somewhere. The only issue I have is that the target line is displayed on the data table, which I would prefer that it not be. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "excelbanker" wrote: > I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart > that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone he...

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

Output the list of frequent data
Dear all, Here comes two problems. Problem 1: I have a list of strings (say, in the column A1:A100). How can I find the "mode" (i.e. the string appearing most frequently in the list? For example, if the list is APPLE APPLE BANANA APPLE CREAM CREAM BANANA CREAM APPLE DONUT then I want the result is APPLE. It seems that the MODE function does not suppot data type other than numbers. Is there any canned UDF for it? Problem 2: Following Problem 1, I want to generate a list of the 3 most frequent data in the list. If the list is the one in the example, I want to list to be...

Excel Macro
I am writing a macro and cannot find any command that will allow me to move the cursor in the Worksheet. Rather than give a Cell address such as "A3" I want to be able to move the cursor any given number of cells to the right,left, up or down. Can anyone help? activecell.offset(x,y).select will move x rows down (if positive, up if negative) and y columns to the right (if positive, left if negative). Stephen King wrote: > > I am writing a macro and cannot find any command that will > allow me to move the cursor in the Worksheet. Rather than > give a Cell address ...

Data Validation #47
kshave multiple identacle sheets in a workbook(31 sheets). I am trying to allow users to only enter whole numbers in some of these cells. I know I can do it through Data /Validation/Allow - but, I want to do it on all 31 sheets at once. When I select all sheets - Validation is greyed out. Should I be using a different method? Thanks, Tom Apply the data validation on Sheet1 Copy the cell(s) in which you applied data validation Select Sheet2 Scroll to see sheet31 Hold the Shift key, and click on Sheet31 tab Select the cell where you want to paste the data validation Choose Edit>Paste Cl...

Modifing data to show up better in chart.
My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900% = 99 Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already have a second axis of 0-9000 In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>, MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says... > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 > is there a way I...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...

Merge data from Acces to word
I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to export to a Word Template with predifened fields. How can I do that? reidarT Take a look at Albert D. Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "ReidarT" wrote: > I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to > export to a Word Template with predifened fields. > How can I do that? > reidarT ...

How do i highlight the current row for data input
How do i highlight the current row for data input. Mike, Can you provide a little more detail about what you want to do? Your question isn't very clear. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "mike" <msclafani@massbay.edu> wrote in message news:04fe01c36129$81bfa600$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do i highlight the current row for data input. Mike, If by highlight, you mean change the color of the current row as the user moves about, or something like that, it can be done via a ma...

How do I create a chart in Excel using data from two worksheets
I am trying to create a chart using data from two separate worksheets but it will only allow me to use the information from one. Here is one way: I made a chart from data in A10:B20 on sheet1 (A was the x-category data) I copied some cells from Sheet2, right clicked in chart area of chart and used Paste After the copy, I could have left clicked the chart and used Edit | Paste Special to specify more about the data I want to paste. Try it and come back with more questions. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cdptuesdays" <...

Ho to dynamically create links to other worksheets?
Hi! I want to access data from another Excel-File. The name of according file is the concatenation of "data" and the (text-) value in Column A. This works... A B -- ----------------------------------------------------------- 01 =index('[file01]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file01]data'!$B$B)) 02 =index('[file02]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file02]data'!$B$B)) 03 =index('[file03]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file03]data'!$B$B)) 04 =index('[file04]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file04]data'!$B$B)) .... but I would like to replace the t...

Highly configurable (or additional) data types should be available
Because CRM solutions need to be extremely flexible to meet the needs of each unique deployment, I think that the CRM team should consider adding more configuration options for existing data types, or add more data types. For example, I would like to be able to configure an Integer field that uses thousands separators, and one that does not. This type of scenario can arise when different business units within one deployment have different needs for their types of data that are associated with common entities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...