Extra prompts from Excel 2007 after saving a CSV file

Here's the scenario:
1. I open a .CSV file in Excel 2007.
2. I make some data change to the file.
3. I save the file.  Excel prompts me to use the CSV format again.
This is a little annoying, but I answer Yes, I want to keep this
format.
4. I try to close Excel.
5. Excel prompts me with "Do you want to save the changes you made to
'(filename)?'  Yes/No/Cancel.
This is INFURIATING.  I just saved the darn file.  So I click No,
thereby training myself to click no when prompted by Excel to save
changes, guaranteeing I'll lose work in the future.
Does anyone know a way to get Excel to only prompt if there is
actually something to save in this case?
Thanks,
Bob
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

File size #11

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

find action on log file

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

learning Excel #3

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error