Extra blank pages when printing

I have a workbook that I use daily for creating and recording works orders
and printing the associated documents and labels.

Whenever I print from a particular sheet, I get an extra blank page.  I've
made sure there's nothing in any of the surrounding cells and set the right
and bottom margins to zero.  The printed image is well within the printable
area, but I still get the extra unwanted page so I'm stumped as to what's
causing the extra page to be generated.

Any ideas?

--
Jonathan Finney

0
plegron (22)
10/2/2006 5:40:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select the entire area of the sheet that you wish to print, then:

<File> <Print Area> <Set Print Area>

Then go to <Print Preview> and make sure everything will fit on 1 page.
--
HTH,

RD

"Jonathan Finney" <plegron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a workbook that I use daily for creating and recording works orders
>and printing the associated documents and labels.
>
> Whenever I print from a particular sheet, I get an extra blank page.  I've
> made sure there's nothing in any of the surrounding cells and set the
> right and bottom margins to zero.  The printed image is well within the
> printable area, but I still get the extra unwanted page so I'm stumped as
> to what's causing the extra page to be generated.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Jonathan Finney

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/2/2006 6:33:14 PM
Thanks RD!

It's great when a problem is solved so easily.

--
Jonathan Finney

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Select the entire area of the sheet that you wish to print, then:
>
> <File> <Print Area> <Set Print Area>
>
> Then go to <Print Preview> and make sure everything will fit on 1 page.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Jonathan Finney" <plegron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a workbook that I use daily for creating and recording works orders
>>and printing the associated documents and labels.
>>
>> Whenever I print from a particular sheet, I get an extra blank page.
>> I've made sure there's nothing in any of the surrounding cells and set
>> the right and bottom margins to zero.  The printed image is well within
>> the printable area, but I still get the extra unwanted page so I'm
>> stumped as to what's causing the extra page to be generated.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Finney

0
plegron (22)

Copying data to a blank column
I would like to copy data from 1 column in sheet1 starting at row 12 to the first empty column starting at row 8 in sheet2. sub trythis()'SAS untested sc=2 slr=sheets("sheet1").cells(rows.count,sc).end(xlup).row with sheets("sheet2") dlc=.cells(1,columns.count).end(xltoleft).column+1 sheets("sheet1").cells(12,sc).resize(slr) copy .cells(8,dlc) end with end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:6F9BC9EC-E48E-42CC-84D8-01C007B0C6E8@micr...

Limiting results per page
I have a report that has a subreport in the footer. I need the report capped at 28 rows per page because the subreport (rotated 90 degrees with the rotated lable control) is going to get pushed out at 29 rows. Also 28 rows is what we want for the deposit slip. Regardless if we want it or not though sometimes we are going to have more than 28 fields which will wreck the way we want the report to look. How can I either limit the report to 28 rows or better yet make the 29th row start row 1 of next page (keeping in mind though that I need the subreport to not move to the 2nd page)? ...

Tractor Fed label roll gets 3.3 inch feed at end of page? How do.
Once again I begin what seems like a simple project and reality hits me with a two by four on the back of the head. THE ISSUE: Continuous form, custom product and serial number label for our products that feeds a Page Break at the end of the page in letter size page. I’ve used the Label Wizard and I defined the label as continuous, yet after 6 labels that print perfectly, I get a feed of 3.375 inches. I’ve looked everywhere in Access and I cannot find a way to override this automatic feed. THE SOFTWARE: Access 2002 SP3 THE PRINTER: Okidata Microline ML591, Dot Matrix 24 Pin, Rear Tra...

Printer does not print all text
For some reason one of my Publisher file is not printing all the text; only about 75% of the text is there. I have tried to print from a different computer but have the same problem. On screen, everything looks right and great. I am using Publisher 2007. Andy help would be appreciated. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site of your printer model for an upgraded driver. If you think your present driver is correct, uninstall it and then re-install. It is always wise to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers...

Print preview problem... #6
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

Home Page of 2005
Noticed that there is no provsion to allow more than two Columns in Money 2005. The Money 2003 interface was better than this. In microsoft.public.money, "Ganesh Raja" <Ganesh Raja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Noticed that there is no provsion to allow more than two Columns in Money >2005. The Money 2003 interface was better than this. 2005 home page is better because I can better control and limit what is displayed. ...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

Page Break in Excel 2000 Professional
I have Office 2000 Professional installed. I am unable to move page breaks in Page Break Preview. I have no idea why this is a problem now. I had always been able to adjust the page breaks using Page Break Preview. Why am I having this problem now? I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject. P.S. I'm also having a problem with Word in the same suite. It unexpectedly quits when I open a spanish language document. Anyone have any clues why? Either of these could be the source of your problem. You have two or more sheets grouped. Right-click on a tab to "ungroup" OR ...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

Outlook blank subject line
How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject line. Thanks, Paul A quick search of the Internet turned up this: http://vsivakumar.wordpress.com/2006/02/13/outlook-blank-subject-warning/ Hopefully it'll help "Paul" <default@net.com> wrote in message news:OvoRFTEhJHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject > line. Hi, If you don't want to code a solution, you could try either our Safeguard Send add-in (http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Safeguard-Send.asp...

Printing recurring appointments on Calendar Printing Assistant
I wanted to "overlay" my calendars from Outlook into one calendar and print it out using Calendar Printing Assistant (CPA). But, the CPA does not print the recurring appointments from my calendars. Does anyone know how to print the recurring appointments on CPA? Does CPA even have this feature? Thank you! The issue might be fixed by having all the latest free Microsoft updates for your version of Outlook... see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx If this doesnt fix the issue, then consider using Wincalendar instead of CPA. It converts your Outlook...

what's the shortcut key for 'go to next page' ?

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

position of chart on page moves when outline expands
Hi, I have two charts I have made to the right of a budget table. The top chart is positioned near the top of the page, the second, a smaller summary chart is just under the first one. Problem is, the Budget table is an expandable outline that can expand by dozens of rows. When in expanded mode, the second chart moves way down off the visible page and is only viewable by scrolling, unless I collapse the outline again. The first chart is anchored at the top where little expansion takes place, thus little movement. Is there any way I can prevent this second chart from moving down when ...

Re: Print records from database
sorry, forgot to add my version of Publisher: 2003 Fritz "Fritz Anton" <fritz.anton@aon.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > Hi, > I am trying to set up a catalogue merge form in Publisher and I have > successfully formatted merge fields and established the data link to an > Access database. > Now comes the problem: I want to print DVD labels on a standard 2 labels per > page Avery form. I addition, I want to print each record twice per label > (rotated 180 deg). I can only set one record field area per page which I > fill with four text fields in the...

margins on an A6 document in print preview
I have created an A6 postcard which fills completely to the edges yet when I look at the print preview, it shows the four copies on the A4 page but gives an unusual white border round the page which is larger on the left and the top of the page. The orientation is landscape. I do not understand where the borders are coming from as I would like the print to go right to the edge of the paper. Thank You Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micr...

Printing only ONE PAGE of a mutltiple page email
How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an answer. Candy Candy wrote: > How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I > can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an > answer. > > Candy > Candy, I use Outlook 2002, an when I File/Print, a dialog comes up that lets me select the printer, how many copies, and which pages to print. I'd select page 1 to 1 and say OK. If I just click the print butt...

Autoflow, columns and multiple pages
I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow into the columns but link the columns together for multiple pages? Or is that even possible? Thanks in advance! MV >-----Original Message----- >I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to >figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 >columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow int...

Currently no help is associated with this page.
I use Excel 2003 on Vista. A couple of days ago, I was getting this response to many helps such as F1; Search VLOOKUP; Click VLOOKUP. The problem went when I rebooted and tried again. I am hit again by this problem. I googled without finding anything. The problem seems to be with access to "local" help; Internet help is still found. Again, a reboot cured the immediate problem. I googled again and got 2 hits. Neither went anywhere effective. I would appreciate an explanation and a less destructive fix. Thanks! -- Walter Briscoe Some versions of Excel allow you to enabl...

Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all the fields but with no info in the fields. Is there a way to keep that extra sheet from printing? Neil try an updated printer driver first. "Neil" <hnhanson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ibdcd.192082$wV.88019@attbi_s54... > When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address > Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all > the fields but with no info in the fields....

printing confusion with HP 1300
I have been using MS office 2004 for some time, but recently have had trouble with printing to my HP Laserwriter 1300. When I set up a page, often it looks correct, but it prints as if the format is different then i put in, ie. it deletes part of the page, usually the top third, thinking it is legal when it is letter. I have checked everywhere i can think of, but can;t seem to set this right. any suggetstions would be helpful. mmullen ...

Issue with Insert Safari URL's v1.0.1 or My Web Page
This message is for Barry Wainwright: I have sent you two email and I suspect my ISP (att.yahoo) trashed them due to your personal domain name for email. Please send me a message to arkay at qsl.net and I will try to reply with the message that ATT trashed. ===== I have been using your Insert Safari URLs v1.0.1 with Entourage 2008 12.2.3 under OSX 10.6.2 for some time and works great until I quote my personal web page. I may have an html error in my web page header and would appreciate your comments. The format that looks correct when it goes out via Entourage but is hos...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...