Extended Worksheet data entry form -Debra Dalgleish/Dave Peterson pls help

Hi Dave,

I came across your worksheet data entry form, adapted the idea for my
project and it worked perfectly fine.
Right now, i received a feedback from my team asking whether an edit
feature can be incorporated to this worksheet.I suggested them to do
the editing direct to the cell but they were hoping there will be a
macro solution.

Is there a way that we can call back the entire row (the one that needs
to be edited) of data in parts data sheet, have them appear in a new
sheet and make the changes there. Plus there is an additional criteria
whereby we only want to allow them to change 2 columns namely x, y the
rest of data will be locked(appear disabled).
Assuming each row we are gonna place a unique ID, can this be used to
call back the data?

my next question will be: i have placed a new sheet called Pivot table
which will take data range from the parts database. whenever i input
something new and save it, the changes is not reflected automatically
in the pivot table unless i click refresh data. i even set the option:
refresh on open but this does not work as the workbook is already open
and the changes was made later.

there is another option which is refresh on intervals but i was told
that this is for external data whereby mine all lies in the same
workbook. But then, it seems like i cannot even click tat option since
it is disabled i dunno why.

I know there seems to be quite a number of requests in here but i
really am looking forward for your help.
this is my final project for the quarter and i would like to impress
them...

Thanks in advance.

0
kevi.mel (17)
1/18/2007 9:44:12 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The easiest one first.

You can use a worksheet event to refresh the pivottable each time you change to
that sheet.

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    Dim myPT As PivotTable
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    For Each myPT In Me.PivotTables
        myPT.RefreshTable
    Next myPT
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This kind of code goes behind the worksheet with the pivottable.

======
As for the more difficult question...

It may be time to actually use a userform that gets input from the user.

Instead of designing your own form, you may find using Data|Form easier.

And if that isn't enough, John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

And the source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC).

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

0
someone798 (944)
1/18/2007 5:09:27 PM
Oh.  There your are, man.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
> The easiest one first.
>
> You can use a worksheet event to refresh the pivottable each time you
> change to
> that sheet.
>
> Option Explicit
> Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
>    Dim myPT As PivotTable
>    Application.EnableEvents = False
>    For Each myPT In Me.PivotTables
>        myPT.RefreshTable
>    Next myPT
>    Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> This kind of code goes behind the worksheet with the pivottable.
>
> ======
> As for the more difficult question...
>
> It may be time to actually use a userform that gets input from the user.
>
> Instead of designing your own form, you may find using Data|Form easier.
>
> And if that isn't enough, John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form:
> http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
>
> And the source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC).
>

> kev wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I came across your worksheet data entry form, adapted the idea for my
>> project and it worked perfectly fine.
>> Right now, i received a feedback from my team asking whether an edit
>> feature can be incorporated to this worksheet.I suggested them to do
>> the editing direct to the cell but they were hoping there will be a
>> macro solution.
>>
>> Is there a way that we can call back the entire row (the one that needs
>> to be edited) of data in parts data sheet, have them appear in a new
>> sheet and make the changes there. Plus there is an additional criteria
>> whereby we only want to allow them to change 2 columns namely x, y the
>> rest of data will be locked(appear disabled).
>> Assuming each row we are gonna place a unique ID, can this be used to
>> call back the data?
>>
>> my next question will be: i have placed a new sheet called Pivot table
>> which will take data range from the parts database. whenever i input
>> something new and save it, the changes is not reflected automatically
>> in the pivot table unless i click refresh data. i even set the option:
>> refresh on open but this does not work as the workbook is already open
>> and the changes was made later.
>>
>> there is another option which is refresh on intervals but i was told
>> that this is for external data whereby mine all lies in the same
>> workbook. But then, it seems like i cannot even click tat option since
>> it is disabled i dunno why.
>>
>> I know there seems to be quite a number of requests in here but i
>> really am looking forward for your help.
>> this is my final project for the quarter and i would like to impress
>> them...
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
someone798 (944)
1/18/2007 5:09:47 PM
HI Dave,

Thanks for a quick feedback.
Just another query, is it possible to add another field called
autonumber in the "Input" sheet. Asumming my worksheet gonna start with
zero records. This autonumber field will have the capability of
incrementing each time new records come in. I do not know how to
achieve this or whether it is possible. fyi, i intend to lock the
'PartsData" sheet from the user view, thus when the user input new
record all they need to know is the autonumber( so when they need
editing, they will reference it by autonumber to the super users who
will be in charge of editing)

i read several topics in this forum but just couldnt find what i need.

Hope you could help or suggest a new method.

p/s: it may seem very much bugging but you are my only hope..sorry and
thanks a lot for all d feedback which was of great help to me..

Dave Peterson wrote:
> The easiest one first.
>
> You can use a worksheet event to refresh the pivottable each time you change to
> that sheet.
>
> Option Explicit
> Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
>     Dim myPT As PivotTable
>     Application.EnableEvents = False
>     For Each myPT In Me.PivotTables
>         myPT.RefreshTable
>     Next myPT
>     Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> This kind of code goes behind the worksheet with the pivottable.
>
> ======
> As for the more difficult question...
>
> It may be time to actually use a userform that gets input from the user.
>
> Instead of designing your own form, you may find using Data|Form easier.
>
> And if that isn't enough, John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form:
> http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
>
> And the source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC).
>

> kev wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I came across your worksheet data entry form, adapted the idea for my
> > project and it worked perfectly fine.
> > Right now, i received a feedback from my team asking whether an edit
> > feature can be incorporated to this worksheet.I suggested them to do
> > the editing direct to the cell but they were hoping there will be a
> > macro solution.
> >
> > Is there a way that we can call back the entire row (the one that needs
> > to be edited) of data in parts data sheet, have them appear in a new
> > sheet and make the changes there. Plus there is an additional criteria
> > whereby we only want to allow them to change 2 columns namely x, y the
> > rest of data will be locked(appear disabled).
> > Assuming each row we are gonna place a unique ID, can this be used to
> > call back the data?
> >
> > my next question will be: i have placed a new sheet called Pivot table
> > which will take data range from the parts database. whenever i input
> > something new and save it, the changes is not reflected automatically
> > in the pivot table unless i click refresh data. i even set the option:
> > refresh on open but this does not work as the workbook is already open
> > and the changes was made later.
> >
> > there is another option which is refresh on intervals but i was told
> > that this is for external data whereby mine all lies in the same
> > workbook. But then, it seems like i cannot even click tat option since
> > it is disabled i dunno why.
> >
> > I know there seems to be quite a number of requests in here but i
> > really am looking forward for your help.
> > this is my final project for the quarter and i would like to impress
> > them...
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
kevi.mel (17)
1/19/2007 9:58:09 AM
Shift everything over one column on the parts data worksheet.
Format Column A to General (so it won't look like a time/date)

And put this code in:

    With historyWks
        .Cells(nextRow, "A").Value = nextRow - 1
        With .Cells(nextRow, "B")
            .Value = Now
            .NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
        End With
        .Cells(nextRow, "C").Value = Application.UserName
        oCol = 4
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
            oCol = oCol + 1
        Next myCell
    End With

It replaces the code that looks very close to this.
(Replace, not in addition to.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Mocro code for sending a worksheet in a mail message
Does anyone know how to write a macro code to send a worksheet as an email message (not as an attachment)? Thanks -- LN Hi Lorenzo See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lorenzo" <Lorenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3744CF95-D6BF-4ECC-9D4E-487AE8A6CA63@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to write a macro code to send a worksheet as an email > message (not as an attachment)? > > Thanks > -- > LN ...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3. The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a workshee...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Form not populating
Hello all... I have a edit record form, which was working, until I added record navigation buttons to the form (memberinfo) that has the edit record button that opens it. I'm not sure where the problem is, but the eidt record form no longer populates the information. The filter shows the correct info, but the text boxes are all blank. Here is the code for the edit record button on the memberinfo form. -------------------------- Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "EditMemberInfo" stLinkCriteria = "[MembershipNumber]=...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Duplicate entries
I have a column with many numbers that are duplicates. How can excel help me get rid of the duplicates with out doing each individual line one at a time? One way .. Assume the numbers are in col A, in A2 down Put in B2: =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)>1,"X","") Copy B2 down This'll flag all duplicates in col A with an "X" Now do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col B (put a label in B1 first) In the droplist in B1, select "X" This filters out all the duplicate rows Select the row headers for the duplicates (this will be all the "blue...

Pls, help a beginner(MFC)
Could anybody tell me what is the future of MFC? I never used that library. I just got some skills in pure C++. But some knowledgeable people are saying it's not a good idea to study MFC, because "it's going to be obsolete" and replaced by .Net. They advise me to study C# because as they say "studying MFC will take you quite a lot of time by which Longhorn will be released and all coding will be done in managed way"... Well, I really don't know which direction to elect According to me :) MFC never be obsolete and it would be safe...

Help
My Regional Manager insists on things being perfect - need assistance with this problem. Working in Governemtn department - we have many users with unusal names and surnames - not common to standard dictionaries. My Rm wants to forward emails received with these peoples names in the original message - without outlook spell checking each of these names before sending. I have set up the email options under spelling - to ignore original message when forwarding - which it does but still spell checks the original message's recipients before sending. How do I set this up to exclude the n...

Distribution list help needed
We created a distribution list. Internal active directory users are able to send to the list. Internet e-mail senders are not able to send to the list. The mail is not bouncing back to the Internet e-mail users. The messages are just not getting to the inbox of the members of the distribution list. For example our domain is abc.net. The list we created is questions@abc.net. We have four users in the list. When a user logged into our Active Directory sends a mail to questions@abc.net the mail is successfully sent to the inboxes of all of the users in the list. When the e-mail ...

HELP! **Transfer orders to invoices error
I need some serious help. We just upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 8.0 and now I am unable to transfer orders to invoices. I keep getting an error that says "Order ORD1555 has no line items to transfer to Invoice INV144408." Order# 1555 does have about 10 line items, which I can view on the screen. I did go in and run the "Check Links" function, but it hasn't done anything. This is our busiest time of year and a really bad time for something like this to happen. Can someone please give me some advice on how to fix this? if this is just one order, why not cancel...

Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help
Dear Member of this Help Forum; please help..please help me because i have lost all my important emails and i am so depressed...so sad....please Help....i HAVE SEARCHED THIS FROUM BUT NO ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.... My story and what i have done : I have a "Yahoo Small Business Account" with domain name and hosting, and 3 email address from that account. i used to use NO EMAIL CLIENT LIKE OUTLOOK at all and i used to save all my emails on yahoo servers and using yahoo normal email website to read, send and save all my emails...untill tonight! tonight i set up outlook 200...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Formula Help #23
If I have a number in cell A1 like 5 and another number in cell A3 like 6 I want the number in A7 to show -1 and if cell A3 was 4 to read +1 and if the numbers are 2 away from A1 then the numbers in cell A7 would be -2 or +2 depending on the number in cell A3. All help is appreciated. Thanks Karl You must be kidding! =A1-A3 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FB7D9E-DC79-42...

linking to other worksheets and updating a file
This is what I want to do, Sheet 1 contains a list of surnames in column 1, forenames in column 2 along with other data in columns 3, 4, ....... Sheet 2 contains a list of suranmes, forenames some of which are the same as in sheet 1. I want to add a column in sheet 1 which takes the name of the person from sheet 1, looks up that name in sheet 2 and chooses data from one of the columns in sheet 2 and places that data back into the correct row and new column in sheet 1. A further complication might be that there are duplicate surnames in the first sheet so need to look up the forename...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

Help
Hi, i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from received mails locally on PC/server. Any idea, scripts, anything? Tnx! Seems like ftp would be more appropriate than e-mail. But if you insist http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=1773&query=event+sink+attachments&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=18&y=11 HrVOjE wrote: > Hi, > > i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from > received mails locally on PC/ser...

don't change free quantity in extended price promotion
We are using Great Plains 8.0 and the problem we have is this: When using a promotion sheet in extended price, and the promotion is that you give for example one free item for every 6 you buy, you can change the quantity of the free item. That way anyone can change the amount of the item you are giving as a gift. There should be a restriction fro changing the quantity of the free item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

User forms #4
Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB userforms? If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th how hard would this be? I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB! To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i triggered. This can al...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

HELP dogs & cats in China please! [MUST SEE] 11-25-05
mms://a805.v9135e.c9135.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/805/9135/0029/peta.download.akamai.com/9135/downloads/jcruel_china_dog_med.wmv ...