Exporting Charts as VECTOR Files?

I've recently downloaded Andy Pope's excellent graphics exporter.  However,
I can only export raster graphics with it - jpg, gif, tif, etc.  I need
files that will resize cleanly in other applications - something like a wmf
or emf.  I tried adding them to the graphics exporter, but I must not have
the right filters - can anyone help?  This would be a huge time saver for
me!

Thanks,
Tammy

0
tcoxen (5)
8/17/2005 1:21:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Tammy,

The chart export method doesn't allow for vector graphics.
Have a look at Stephen Bullen's PastePicture.zip example
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Thanks,
Tammy

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi Tammy,
>
> The chart export method doesn't allow for vector graphics.
> Have a look at Stephen Bullen's PastePicture.zip example
> http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Tammy Coxen wrote:
>> I've recently downloaded Andy Pope's excellent graphics exporter.
>> However, I can only export raster graphics with it - jpg, gif, tif, etc.
>> I need files that will resize cleanly in other applications - something
>> like a wmf or emf.  I tried adding them to the graphics exporter, but I
>> must not have the right filters - can anyone help?  This would be a huge
>> time saver for me!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tammy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
tcoxen (5)

eps file in GUI
Hi , Can I use EPS file in a GUI developed in VC .NET? I mean i have eps file containing logo and want that to be shown in GUI. Is it possible to use eps file or I need image file only? - David. It's going to be easier if you can convert it something like a .jpg .gif or ..bmp. You could probably figure out a way to display a logo from an EPS, but it is going to be way more trouble than the corresponding BMP. You should be able to convert with any kind of graphics editor (Photoshop, JASC, PhotoImpact, etc.) Tom "David" <know_devig@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message ...

Help with PST file
Every now and then for whatever reason I get the message that my pst file can't be accessed (Outlook 2000 SR1). So I try to create a new one because I don't know how to fix the problem. After hours of trying, searching for help, etc I get a new pst file. However now in my folders list I have several other personal folders. Also I can never figure out how to get my email addresses from the old personal folder (contact folder) to the newly created one. Can someone help me? I've got to say that much of this goes over my head. For instance I keep reading where I'm supposed to ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

outlook can't receive exe files

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

retrieving folders.old file

Smartlist Export to CSV
I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting. Only thing I can do is export to excel and then save to CSV. Is there a problem with this in GP 8? Try exporting to Excel and then saving in whatever format you want. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

survival chart
Hi! Does anybody have an idea how it would be possible to trick Excel into making a survival plot? That is a stepped graph ploting cumulative survival on the y axis and time slots on the x. Any suggestion would be most appreciated. Andrej Andrej - I don't have a 'survival plot' per se, but you could look for ideas on my web site. The cumulative probability plot sounds like a possible candidate: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ProbabilityChart.html If it doesn't give you any idea, post back with some typical data, and we'll have a look. - Jo...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M�ller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...