Export

For all you developers and advanced users

Is there a means to track and record incoming Email in Outlook by,

Date Rec'd:

No message body, just the above information, and have it automatically
recorded and updated daily in an Excel xls. wooksheet.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Exporting messages to Access
I've seen this question asked but not answered several times in the past couple of weeks: Is there a way to export Outlook 2002 messages to an Access database (or csv or anything that is NOT a pst) that will retain the Received date and time information? I'm trying to create an email archive to pass on to someone who doesn't use Outlook. A database of messages would be great but is nearly useless without the Received date. Is it truly the case that this information cannot be exported? Chuck ...

exporting report to excel- Help!
Hello All, I need some help with Excel. I am exporting a report (from progra called Report Viewer) and saving it in Excel format. After it is save and I go and open the report in Excel, I get an error saying- ERROR WERE DETECTED IN REPORT.XLS BUT MICROSOFT OFFICE EXCEL WAS ABLE TO OPE THE FILE BY MAKING THE REPAIRS LISTED BELOW. SAVE THE FILE TO MAKE TH REPAIRS PERMANENT. The repair listed is- RENAMED INVALID SHEET NAME. Once the spreadsheet is opened, any cell with the value of *0*, come up as a whole heap of ####### or the words DEFAULT FORMAT. I can fix i by fomatting the effected cell...

import/export is greyed out.
I have a full install of office 2002, but still when I go to File then Import/Export I cannot click on it. It is greyed out. All features for Outlook are installed. What can I do? Sounds like you are using XP. Are you? Who are you logged in as? If installed as administrator and the user has not been granted rights.... Try logging in as the administrator. Can you now do imports? Thom My guess is you have not set up an email account yet. Set it up and you'll be able to import your old pst file. >-----Original Message----- >I have a full install of office 2002, but sti...

Export Distribution Lists from AD and Viewing all containers
Two part question: Anyone know how to export distribution lists from AD (using Exchange 2003)? I can seem to export the list of DL's, but what I need is each DL with a list of members. Two, When I am in a DL trying to add members, I can only view usernames from the User container in AD. If there are users in other containers, I cannot view them from inside the DL. Instead, I have to go to each container, look for the user, and add them individually to the DL. It is quite time consuming! Thanks, Dara dfrenck@hadassah.org (Dara) wrote: >Two part question: >Anyone know how to export...

Export ERD schema to database
I created an ERD schema for my database in Visio. I tried to export this schema to database but i could not Please instruct me if you can "Hai Nguyen" <haiaggie@neo.tamu.edu> wrote in message news:%23l2$6n0UEHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I created an ERD schema for my database in Visio. I tried to export this > schema to database but i could not > > Please instruct me if you can You can only do this with the Visio for Enterprise Architects product which is part of Visual Studio Enterprise Architect. -- John Saunders johnwsaundersiii at hotmail ...

Import and Export problem
Unfortunately, it became necessary to re-install windows XP due to a problem with a video driver. Before the re-install, I backed up all outlook files by doing an export to a CD and saving all contacts, e-mail folders and calendar to a .pst file. The CD tells me the file is there and they have data in them, but I can not get outlook to import the files back from the CD. I have tried to open the .pst files directly from the CD, specifying outlook at the program, but this will not work. Hopefully, someone will know how to recover my .pst data files as this is the only back-up I have. -- ...

Asset Import/Export Utility
While importing the data into Fixed Assets module using Asset import/export utility (Tools->Utilities->FixedAssets->Asset Import/Export), "Asset import completed" message appears but no data is transferred. All the setup info lilke book,class,book-class, locations etc is entered. Any help in overcoming this problem will be highly appreciated. Ahmed Did you check the box that says "Run macro after creation"? "Gulam Ahmed" wrote: > While importing the data into Fixed Assets module using Asset import/export > utility (Tools->Utilities->...

how to export my address book to another computer
How do I export my outlook address book to another computer =?Utf-8?B?bF9waXR0?= <l_pitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:27A2B5E1-F288-416A-AC04-ACE07C549569@microsoft.com: > How do I export my outlook address book to another computer Just the address book? File | Export... Export your Contacts folder to a new .PST file and then import (or just open) that folder from there. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but...

How to keep display format when exporting XML from excel?
When exporting xml data from excel 2003, the time values lose their readable format. The value that was displayed as 01:30 am, for example; becomes something like 0.001353 in the xml file. What do I need to do to allow the exported xml file to keep the same format as what is displayed in Excel? thanks, ...

Export and import a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file.
I try to export a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file. When I import the .pst, only the folder is available and not the view. I used Oulook 2002. Exporting copies only visible items, not hidden items like views. If = it's a view created in a particular folder, copying the entirre folder = to another .pst file will copy the view.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http...

export graphics & text to word or excel
Everytime I try to put my Publisher 2002 docment to Word or excel I get "goblty gook". I tried saving it as a jif, tif, bmp, etc. but none of them will open in Word or Excel 98. What am I doing wrong?????? I want to make a document with the post we made, plus a map, and a schedule and be able to e-mail it to people who do not have publisher. HELP!!! -- Ferret Mom Once you convert the Publisher document into an image, you then can insert it into the Word document. You can't open an image, you can view an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

File names do not appear when trying to export to any file type except .pst
I am having trouble getting help to determine what the problem is in my Outlook. Outlook is 2003. When I try to export to any file type other than .pst, the files window appears empty. Only when I click .pst for the file to export to, do I get folders within Outlook. I suspect that some registry entries are missing in that I found some missing when I tried to export to text from Access. When I hand entered entried to the registry, copying them from another machine, everything started to work. Since this seems to be an esoteric problem, I don't quite know where to turn to get some ans...

Exporting to Excel Issue
When exporting from CRM 3.0 to Excel 2003, dates and numbers in CRM 3.0 are exporting as text in Excel 2003. Is there a way to correct this so that dates and numbers export correctly? Thanks, Kathy A simple way to do this: 1) Select the cells that have dates as text and you want to convert. 2) Go to menu Data - Text in columns... 3) On first step of the wizard select "Delimited" 4) On second step click next 5) On third step select format "Date" and click "Finish" -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "Kathy" escribió...

Exporting contacts in Outlook 2007
Hi, when I export my contacts in CSV format (for Windows), the output file contains only the name of the columns, and NO data (all data is left blank). The same will not occur using Outlook 2003 with the same contacts. Any ideas? ...

Exporting Bill Schedule
Is there a way to export (just) the Money Bill Schedule for import into a new Money file? I want to start from scratch on the aoounts...but the Bill information is still correct. THanks in advance! I know of no way to do that.Perhaps you could delete all the irrelevant accounts, then delete the transactions from the relevant accounts, leaving only the bill schedule? This would probably be less than satisfactory. Recreating the bills would probably be easier, too. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "clayd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3c1...

Customizable export/import functionality
I would like to see export/import functionality that allows me to export/import various parts of my customizations to CRM separately. For example, I only want to export/import my custom added attributes and mappings, without exporting/importing KB Article templates as well, etc. It would be nice to include functionality that allows me to toggle between exporting/importing all customizations and just some parts of it. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the ...

How can I export Excel data to Quicken?
I just purchased Quicken Deluxe 2005 and I'd like to import my Excel based check register. Is this possible? Quicken only seems to be able to handle QFX or QIF files. Is there any way to convert Excel worksheets to these file formats? Do a web search, there are several utilities around (at least pre-quicken 2005) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "acfoxb" <acfoxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AEAEB53-DF10-4418-AFBE-2E2A4CCA1688@microsoft.com... >I j...

Importing/exporting-business fax instead of email address
I transfered contacts from you home computer to my work computer via excel. everything seemed fine, however when I send emails, and click on contact to add the email address, the business fax shows up instead? outofok01;114944 Wrote: > I transfered contacts from you home computer to my work computer via > excel. > everything seemed fine, however when I send emails, and click on > contact to > add the email address, the business fax shows up instead? Sounds like you transferred your contacts improperly and the mail addresses did not resolve in the process. Onl...

OL2003: Import & Export Doesn't See Folders
Greetings, in a new Office 2003 installation on a W2K Pro PC, invoking "Import and Export" from the File menu runs normally until you get either to "Select destination folder" (when importing) or "Select folder to export from" (when exporting) step. In either case, the box is blank, empty. No Outlook folders are visible. Running updates from the Office Update web site and repairing the Office installation didn't help. Is there anything else to try? Thanks, Yisroel What *exactly* are you trying to Import/Export and where to? <ey.markov@iname.com> w...

exporting MFC class in MFC extension dlls
I have two MFC Extension dlls. 1. dll #1: export a CFormView derived class -- CAitFormView 2. dll #2: Create another CFormView derived class and manually change its base class to CAitFormView. When dll #2 above is linked, I get a linker unresolved error that I don't know how to fix. I know its finding the dll #1's library because it contains other symbols that are resolved. Any suggestions? unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass const CAitFormView::classCAitFormView" (? classCAitFormView@CAitFormView@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B ) referenced in func...

Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format
I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no investments at my age). Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats. I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support Money98. The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers to always upgrade their software.&...

Exporting from Netscape 7.2 to Outlook 2003. Read previous posts.
I have been using Netscape 7.2 and I'm new to Outlook 2003. My plan was to install Netscape Communicator 4.79, transfer my emails from Netscape 7.2 to Communicator 4.79, import from Communicator 4.79 to Outlook Express, and export from OE to Outlook 2003. Now that I've installed Communicator 4.79, how do I transfer the emails from Netscape 7.2 to Communicator 4.79? Thanks! ...

Report CSV Format Export to Excel
Need to export a report in CSV format and convert it to Excel. Only problem is the leading zeros on either Lookup Codes or Aliases are dropped. Tried using Tab Delimited but we have a lot of items with long extended descriptions so that causes problems. CSV keeps the columns clean. Anyone know of a way to open a CSV file in Excel and have the leading zeros stay. Thank you, Neil Open the CSV file with MS Word or Notepad. Select All, Copy. Paste into Excel. Use the Text to Columns... feature to separate the columns, being careful to set the format of columns with leading zeroes to '...

Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File
I need to reorganize my Outlook files. Unfortunately, Rules store the complete path and file name for target folders. I would like to export the rules, edit the path and file name and import them back. Anyway to do this? "Stewart Berman" <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:tk6h8597t16notgjgvb4o7jef006o9e5c3@4ax.com... >I need to reorganize my Outlook files. Unfortunately, Rules store the >complete path and file name > for target folders. I would like to export the rules, edit the path and > file name and import them > back. > > Anyway t...

How to convert an access rpt to a table or how to export it to exc
I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the wrong data is in the wrong fields. I even tried putting it into a .txt file first and nothing works. Help! Modify your query to return the values you need and use the TransferSpreadsheet method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "TracySLPS" wrote: > I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into > Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the > wrong data is...