Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel

What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms?

FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn
your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF
Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf
interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can
easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent
spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your
statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data
(FDF) file and is able to generate up to 2500 columns of information with an
unlimited number of rows. In batch mode it parses up to 50 separate fdf
files at a time or an unlimited number of fdf files in individual mode. FDF
Decoder was created with Macromedia Director MX and is used in conjunction
with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional and Microsoft Excel. The next version of
FDF Decoder (coming out in early 2004), will insert the data directly into
SQL relational databases.

You can download a free ten day trial of FDF Decoder at:
www.spotteddingo.com/decoder.htm

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Spam..

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Brian" <webmaster@spotteddingo.com> wrote in message
> What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms?
>

> FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn
> your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF
> Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf
> interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then
can
> easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent
> spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your
> statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data
> (FDF) file and is able to generate up to 2500 columns of information with
an
> unlimited number of rows. In batch mode it parses up to 50 separate fdf
> files at a time or an unlimited number of fdf files in individual mode.
FDF
> Decoder was created with Macromedia Director MX and is used in conjunction
> with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional and Microsoft Excel. The next version
of
> FDF Decoder (coming out in early 2004), will insert the data directly into
> SQL relational databases.
>

> You can download a free ten day trial of FDF Decoder at:
> www.spotteddingo.com/decoder.htm

0
terre081 (3244)

how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of w.
how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of weeks ahead from a given date. ie Start date 1/10/04 Contract Duration 27 weeks Result date? This is what i am trying to acheive, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi With date in A2 =A2+7*27 -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF11EA1-893B-4D09-A5A0-39C5E1E5CEE7@microsoft.com... > how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of weeks ahead > from a given date. ie > Start ...

Where does Excel store the orientation of PivotFields?
Hi there, I'm trying to find out where Excel stores the orientation of a PivotField, especially once it has been draged into position. Right now I'm using the AcitveChart.PivotLayout.PivotTable("TableName").PivotFields() Function to get a collection of all Fields within that Table. But even though all Fields are in the collection each of them has the orientation "xlHidden" regardless where I dragged them at the chart. The display of the fields within the charts works perfectly fine. Can Somebody Help me please? ...

Excel 2010 Object Model
Hello, In the online help, the Excel Object Model is not in a usable visual format. Is the Excel 2010 Object Model available in PDF or other image format? ...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel?
I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? Hi, Have a look at Bernard Liengme's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm Cheers Andy Hawkeye wrote: > I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. > > > > How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? ...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Formula causing run-time error in Excel Programming
This is a repost. I have the following line of code that I am trying to drop in a cell via Access VBA but I keep getting a Run-time error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. xls.cells(Rw, Col + lngColumn).value = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000,ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000)-ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2),0,1)),--(ET_Raw_Data!$A$2:ET_Raw_Data!$A$20000=A" & lngColumn + 1 & "),--(ET_Raw_Data!$D$2:ET_Raw_Data!$D$20000='Feature Request'))" I already have 2 other formulas that are being add...

Excel 2002 is scrolling to the very bottom of my spreadsheet
When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going on? Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It can cause some strange behaviour. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) Dennis wrote: > When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. > If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going > on? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Formatting date fields after export
I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And what solutions would you suggest? It is probably seen as text, select the imported dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD click finish Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Raymond" wrote: > I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other > applications. The d...

Editing Contact Information
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information? I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's email address or other contact information. This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live .. Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something? Thank you There are two steps before you can edit: click Edit Contact click one of the categories under Summary You will probably want to click Contact. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Editing Contact Information" wrote in ...

Can you program Excel to draw an asymptote?
I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart if you already have a parabolic data set on the chart. My goal is to find to value of the asymptote for further analysis. I know I can fudge a straight line graph onto the chart but it is not meaningful without the true value. HELP!!! "csusbgirl07" <csusbgirl07@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6E51019A-7160-4A93-862F-A785BD2DBD3E@microsoft.com... > I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart > if you already have a parabolic data set ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

how do I apply more than 3 conditional formats in excel
I want to create a themal analysis problem whereby the results of the calculation are displayed in a grid of cells (representing the shape of the item). I then want to apply conditional formatting which colours the cells depending on the value. I want there to be 10 colours ranges. I can do this easily for four colours using standard conditional formatting but I want to use 10 colours, is there a way to expand the conditional formatting? Hi couple of options - there's a conditional formatting add-in available for download at www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html or you...

Excel.Application User-define Error
In trying to solve a Access to Excel data linking problem from Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953 I am trying to run the example and it dies on Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationThe error message I get is "Compile error: User-defined type not defined." Is there something I need to add like a reference in order to get this to work?Mike You need to add a reference to Excel (through Tools | References while in the VB Editor). Personally, I prefer using Late Binding, since setting a reference then limits your application to only those users with the same ...

Hyperlink powerpoint object to excel range?
I'm using a powerpoint presentation to show several ranges on several worksheets in an excel workbook. No problem linking the excel file to powerpoint but is there a way to link powerpoint to a range address within that file? I am hoping to flip back and forth with several powerpoint links to particular worksheet ranges. Thanks Your advice will be appreciated ...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

CSV formatted text file to Excel
Hi all, I am writing a small VC++ application of how to import the CSV formatted ..txt file to excel. I am facing problem while parsing the text file. "TicketNo","CarNo","PersonAge" 12534 , 763534 , 23 12345 , 624333, 24 The problem is in MFC there is a SetValue2(CoeVariant:column data) method in which if i will pass an array(12534) then it will be imported to excel.For example IfI will search for the "employee number" field in text file then the values passed to SetValue2()should be 12543 and 12345.But Using C++ I cannot do so as I...

WHAT DOES THE SYMBOL"$" REPRESENT IN A EXCEL FORMULA?
SORRY FOR THE NOVICE EXCEL QUESTION - IM JUST LEARNING THE PROGRAM AND CANT SEEM TO FIND IN "HELP" ALL SYMBOLS FOR FORMULAS It's used to create an absolute cell reference, i.e. one that will not be changed even when the formual is copied and pasted. Without the the $ symbol, a formula such as =A1+B1 in cell C1 would be changed to =A2+C2 if it was copied into cell C2, whilst this is useful if you're creating a table of information, it can some times be a pain. By changing the original formula to =$A$1+$B$1, it will not change when copied. The above example keeps it en...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...