Export MS-Excel to HTML

I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but
this generates a massive amount of html-code.

The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is
created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but
unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not
include the hyperlinks in the html-code.

Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel
document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way
to do this every week or so to reflect price changes.

Thanks.

Mogens
0
mail1633 (9)
7/28/2006 8:07:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mogens

See if you can find something here.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
the source code is available, so it is possible to adjust it to fit your
exact needs.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"mogens" <mail@mogenslunde.dk> skrev i melding
> I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but
> this generates a massive amount of html-code.
>
> The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is
> created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but
> unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not
> include the hyperlinks in the html-code.
>
> Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel
> document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way
> to do this every week or so to reflect price changes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mogens

0
innocent (844)
7/28/2006 9:26:12 AM
Harald Staff wrote:
> Hi Mogens
>
> See if you can find something here.
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
> the source code is available, so it is possible to adjust it to fit your
> exact needs.
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald

Thanks Harald,

Had a look at it, but it is not quite what I am after. It seems that
this script reduces the amount of html-garbage, but it does not pass the
hyperlinks.

I intend to use this as a price matrix that I will maintain in Excel,
and via the hyperlink on each price link into my shops different product
id's. Using XL2HTML would require me to rebuild all these links from
scratch every time I made an update.

Unfortunately my PHP skills does not allow me to make the database
lookup's and manipulations from within the html document which would
probably have been the best way :-(

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Regards,
Mogens
0
mail1633 (9)
7/28/2006 11:31:58 AM
> Harald Staff wrote:
> > Hi Mogens
> >
> > See if you can find something here.
> > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
> > the source code is available, so it is possible to adjust it to fit your
> > exact needs.

> Had a look at it, but it is not quite what I am after. It seems that
> this script reduces the amount of html-garbage, but it does not pass the
> hyperlinks.

Read my last sentence again, Mogens. A minor rewrite is probably all it
takes to transfer the hyperlinks.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

0
innocent (844)
7/28/2006 12:39:34 PM
Hey

SpreadsheetWEB (spreadsheetweb.com) might solve your problem. It is an
add-on to Excel creating web-applications which allow for calculations
etc. Once you have created your web-application you only have to update
the Excel file, the web-application will updated automatically.

Andre