Exiting an Excel file Errorr

When I select File / Exit, I receive error message "A formula in this
worksheet contains one or more invalid references references" But have
validated that every cell in workbook is empty. Is there something I can
check to see what my problem might be?

Thank you for any guidance
0
BRPtacek (6)
3/14/2007 8:43:46 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are a vairety of other ways an Excel workbook can be linked
other than by cell formula. There's a wonderful utility out there from
John Manville which can help you find them. You can find the
"FindLinks" utility at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
HTH

/ Tyla /

On Mar 14, 12:43 pm, BRPtacek <BRPta...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When I select File / Exit, I receive error message "A formula in this
> worksheet contains one or more invalid references references" But have
> validated that every cell in workbook is empty. Is there something I can
> check to see what my problem might be?
>
> Thank you for any guidance

0
tylagusim (7)

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

Permanently wipe all traces of a file
could someone recommend good utiluty to permanently erase files, i.e. that deletes the file, then wipes and removes the data left over. Thank you. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00ED_01CAA641.35CA0EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "amber" <amber@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message = news:%23rsCNnlpKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > could someone recommend good utiluty to permanently erase files, i.e. = that=20 > deletes the file, then wipes an...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Problems when saving worksheet into tab-delimited text file
I save a spreadsheet into a tab-delimited text file for later import into an Access database. One column contains text strings in which "comma values" can be found. Once save to the text file, those records that have commas in the Excel cells now contain double quotes (".....") at the beginning and end of the text string. As a result, during the data import into Access (and later comparison), the records are considered new and add records to tables. During testing procedures, I realized that replacing the comma with a semicolon would not add the double quotes when savin...

email letters from Great Plains Vendor/Customer/Employee Files
We would like to see the option of when printing a Letter created in the Great Plains Letter Writer system, when "sending" the email, the system be programmed to pick up the email address ont he default Primary Address field, inputting it into the emaila ddress field in Outlook. Rob Gillespie, CAE Premier Computing Technologies What default email address? The "email address" field you see in the Inet Info window is just a user defined label. Technically the only email address that I can think of in great plains that IS an email address is the email addresses for the...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

Opening file from the internet
Hi, I have an app that has a registered document type with windows. When I click a link to a document of this type on a web page and choose "open" Windows downloads the file and starts up my app. The file that it gives me is in a temporary directory, and I can see the file if a navigate to it through a console window, but I can't open the file in my application using fopen() or with CArchive. It is as though the document doesn't exist or I don't have permission to open it. Can anyone help... Cheers David David, > I have an app that has a registered document ...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Help!! My ICS/Firewall files are missing.. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I recently had a virus attack and cleaned everything off.. I have Avast virus software. I noticed that when i restarted my computer that my firewall was turned off.. So i went into the settings and tried to turn it back on but instead i got this message: "Windows Could not open the Firewall/ICs settings beause the associated service is not running". I clicked start on the serivces pane and i got another message saying "error 2 file not found". Now could this of happened when Avast deleted the infected files?? if so how can i get it back?? Please respond ASAP...

trace files
Does anyone know how to block trace files from comming in through Outlook or Internet explorer? Thanks, C- ...

Spreadsheet (version 1).xls: file format is not valid
My question was not posted from Tuesday, March 30, 2010, so I am asking again. Windows 7, excel 2007, while spreadsheet open, not necessarily in the middle of editing, arbitrarily goes to recovering the spreadsheet, then document recovery comes up on the left and the message as in the subject line appears. A converter was added about a week ago, that has been removed, but still having the issue. Please help. ...

Help files with Visual Studio 7?
Can someone help. It's been a little while since I did some programming. Since then I upgraded my Windows XP to SP2. This is the only difference I can imagine since the last time of using VS7. On my reinstall of Visual Studio, I don't get any thing when trying to bring up the help files and samples. Every thing returns "No Links are available for the current selection". Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input. -- L. James ------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com...

how to use vba in excel
I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel Have you tried using the macro recorder. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barkeroo" <Barkeroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59A36AF-B67C-4E24-8F1D-91917956CA79@microsoft.com... >I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel ...

Files Do Not Open
Hi, Using Office X and am able to open the individual programs, but when I go to select a file to open, they are all greyed out and unable to double click on any of them. Everything was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if this installation was a trial version that expired. Has anyone else seen this? I've emailed the same files to other mac with same version of Office and it opens up fine. On 7/11/07 7:04 AM, in article 1184162654.936039.211630@m3g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "matgeorge@gmail.com" <matgeorge@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Office X and am able...

Unable to open a Money 2001 file
Hello I have a Money 2001 files that I cannot open anymore after reinstalling. The error message is : � your file contains coded informations, it cannot be opened with this version of money � (This a translation from french). I am SURE this file was created with the same version of money that I reinstalled. If I look on the Microsoft website for this error message, the knowledge database says that I have to find the EXACT same regional settings that I had defined when this money file was created.. And I have no way of remembering this - I just know for sure they were tweaked.. I call...

Excel 97 generating email automatically starts Lotus 6. DefaultOK
Hi, An Excel 97 macro generates an email succesfully, with Outlook 2000. Since installing Lotus Notes V6.02 - a minimum requirement - LN kicks off, producing error messages and ultimately fails to send a message. This occurs whether this is an upgrade of Notes or a new install and both with and without a live Notes Account. System default email is Outlook, in IE and in the registry X Still no idea how to compat these two programs and I would greatly appreciate any productive advice, but an alternative... Upgrade to Excel 2000 and use Notes V6.5 - worked fine with me - possibly even 6.02,...