Excel XP question, working with Array's

Hello Guys/Girls,

I have the following problem.

I have one main-list (Row A and B) with all member numbers. Also I got a
list (Row K and L) which contains a second List with financial information
and a part of the numbers of the members-list.

I would like to combine this. Is there een option, like the if-function,
which could check the mainlist with the second-list and if there has been
found a match, the financial information put in Colum C behind the right
member number?.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Johan Heegsma

0
Heegsma (2)
7/31/2004 12:30:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Johan

could you clarify why columns A & B contain member numbers ... is it because
you have more than 65,536 members so you've used up all of column A and
moved onto column B or in which case what happens if there is a match for
both column A & B in columns K & L - what do you want to see in C
or is the information in column B related to the information in column A
i will also ask the same questions as above for columns K & L

maybe if you type out a few lines of your data in your reply email it will
give us a better idea of a solution (please do not attach a workbook)

Regards
JulieD

"J.Heegsma" <Heegsma@home.nl> wrote in message
> Hello Guys/Girls,
>
> I have the following problem.
>
> I have one main-list (Row A and B) with all member numbers. Also I got a
> list (Row K and L) which contains a second List with financial information
> and a part of the numbers of the members-list.
>
> I would like to combine this. Is there een option, like the if-function,
> which could check the mainlist with the second-list and if there has been
> found a match, the financial information put in Colum C behind the right
> member number?.
>
> Greetings from the Netherlands,
> Johan Heegsma

0
JulieD1 (2295)
7/31/2004 12:45:11 PM
Hello ,

Colum A contains the members nummers 639 in total
Colum B contains other information about each member

Situation is as follows:

A                B(member since)
123456       1996

Colum K: contains only members numbers who have payed

Colum L: Contains how much they have payed.

For example:
K                   L

123456         20

Now I would like the following situation

A (member nr)   B( Member since)   C (Payed)

123456              1996                      20

Colum K isn't used anymore.

Johan.

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Johan
>
> could you clarify why columns A & B contain member numbers ... is it
because
> you have more than 65,536 members so you've used up all of column A and
> moved onto column B or in which case what happens if there is a match for
> both column A & B in columns K & L - what do you want to see in C
> or is the information in column B related to the information in column A
> i will also ask the same questions as above for columns K & L
>
> maybe if you type out a few lines of your data in your reply email it will
> give us a better idea of a solution (please do not attach a workbook)
>
> Regards
> JulieD
>
> "J.Heegsma" <Heegsma@home.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello Guys/Girls,
> >
> > I have the following problem.
> >
> > I have one main-list (Row A and B) with all member numbers. Also I got a
> > list (Row K and L) which contains a second List with financial
information
> > and a part of the numbers of the members-list.
> >
> > I would like to combine this. Is there een option, like the if-function,
> > which could check the mainlist with the second-list and if there has
been
> > found a match, the financial information put in Colum C behind the right
> > member number?.
> >
> > Greetings from the Netherlands,
> > Johan Heegsma

0
Heegsma (2)
7/31/2004 1:06:38 PM
Hi Johan

Then Frank's suggestion of the VLOOKUP is the way to go

In cell C2 type

=VLOOKUP(A2,$K$2:$L$1000,2,false)

This means lookup the value in A2 in column K and return the associated
value from L when there is an exact match.

This will only return the first value found for the member number (hopefully
you only have one value per member)

Additionally, you will have to change the cell reference for column L to be
your real last row number.

also when you have finished you will then, if i'm understanding you
correctly, need to change the answers in column C from being a formula to
being a value to do this, select column c - copy it, then choose edit /
paste special - values

> Hello ,
>
> Colum A contains the members nummers 639 in total
> Colum B contains other information about each member
>
> Situation is as follows:
>
> A                B(member since)
> 123456       1996
>
> Colum K: contains only members numbers who have payed
>
> Colum L: Contains how much they have payed.
>
> For example:
> K                   L
>
> 123456         20
>

> Now I would like the following situation
>
> A (member nr)   B( Member since)   C (Payed)
>
> 123456              1996                      20
>
> Colum K isn't used anymore.
>
> Johan.
>
> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> > Hi Johan
> >
> > could you clarify why columns A & B contain member numbers ... is it
> because
> > you have more than 65,536 members so you've used up all of column A and
> > moved onto column B or in which case what happens if there is a match
for
> > both column A & B in columns K & L - what do you want to see in C
> > or is the information in column B related to the information in column A
> > i will also ask the same questions as above for columns K & L
> >
> > maybe if you type out a few lines of your data in your reply email it
will
> > give us a better idea of a solution (please do not attach a workbook)
> >
> > Regards
> > JulieD
> >
> > "J.Heegsma" <Heegsma@home.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hello Guys/Girls,
> > >
> > > I have the following problem.
> > >
> > > I have one main-list (Row A and B) with all member numbers. Also I got
> > > list (Row K and L) which contains a second List with financial
> information
> > > and a part of the numbers of the members-list.
> > >
> > > I would like to combine this. Is there een option, like the
if-function,
> > > which could check the mainlist with the second-list and if there has
> been
> > > found a match, the financial information put in Colum C behind the
right
> > > member number?.
> > >
> > > Greetings from the Netherlands,
> > > Johan Heegsma

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Question -Problem

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Pivot Table Question #5

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

learning Excel #3

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...