Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere

Hi,

Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don'
work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i
work?

Thx

--
lazybea
lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work"
means absolutely nothing.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"lazybear"
<lazybear.291ifa_1149697200.7604@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message

> Hi,
>
> Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA
> codes don't
> work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make
> it
> work?
>
> Thx.
>

> --
> lazybear
> lazybear's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35190
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)
6/7/2006 4:33:08 PM
Maybe the other pc just doesn't allow macros to run.

Tools|macro|security|Security level tab
Use medium if they want to be prompted each time a workbook with macros is
opened
use Low if they always want to allow macros.

--

Dave Peterson
0

My problems are that some valid keywords like Ucase worked at my PC bu
had runtime error at another PC. Is there any libraries that I mus
enable before compiling my codes?

Th

--
lazybea
lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955

This is a symptom of a missing type library, even if that library
does not contain the command that cause the compiler error. In
VBA, go to the Tools menu and choose References. If any are
marked MISSING, uncheck them if you don't need them If you do
need them, you'll have to Browse for the correct file location.

If it is a standard library that is MISSING, close Excel, go to
the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter

Excel.exe /regserver

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"lazybear"
<lazybear.2950lc_1149860819.6189@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message

> Hi,
>
> My problems are that some valid keywords like Ucase worked at
> my PC but
> had runtime error at another PC. Is there any libraries that I
> must
> enable before compiling my codes?
>
> Thx
>

> --
> lazybear
> lazybear's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35190
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Ctrl + ; stopped working
For the past week I've been able to enter the current date into a DB sub form field with formatted field using Ctrl = ; but now it's not working properly. Instead of entering the date, it moves the cursor to the center of the formatted field, and inserts nothing. I'm wondering what could have changed. I went directly to the sub form deleted the formatting, then redid it. But it's still not working even there in the sub form alone. My sincere thanks for any help you may offer. -- Norm Shimmel Butler, PA Strange that I should reply to my own message. But I was just surpr...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

RMS Status Codes
Just wondering if anyone has a list of what the RMS Batch.Status codes 0-15 mean? I can't find them defined anywhere. I'm specifically looking at how to identify Blind Closes so I don't count them in totals until they'e been closed. Thanks! -Zim There is a Knowledge Base Article that covers the different Batch Status codes from 0 - 31. Just search for 'batch status codes' -- Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Zim" <Zim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72515DB-AD45-4C7D-B8DE-0A18E4A6D0D0@micr...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

copy does not work in word 2003