EXCEL will not show FONT less than 8

I was having aproblem with Outlook so I uninstalled and reinstalled
Office.  How when I select a EXCEL S/S with any font smaller than 8 -
it does not show.  When I tried to type in a small font it gave me a
Row Height of 500 !!

Anyone ever heard of this problem - I suspect I'll be into installing
Office again - but if anyone knows a quick fix it would be nice.

BTW I tried several S/S that work on other computers.

Thanks for any help
0
lokster73 (2)
10/30/2003 4:47:39 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?
I have an excel file in which I track my family's finances. I access it several times per day. When I started up my computer this evening and went to open the file, it opened up empty. None of the worksheets are present. It is identical in content to a new (i.e. freshly created) file. When I examine the file properties, the date created suggests that it is the same file I have been using all year. The file name is unchanged. But the file size is only 13.5KB, the same size as any other brand new, empty excel file. Any thoughts on what might have happened or how I recover this f...

How do I plot negative bars/numbers BELOW the main axis in Excel
I want to be able to have bars on the chart plot above and below a main axis line (zero). Can anyone tell me how to do that. I found an invert if negative button but nothing happens when I choose it. Invert if negative changes the colors of the bars/columns. See this page on Andy Pope's site for the most lucid discussion I've read about it: http://andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm If you have positive and negative numbers and you create a column chart using them, the positive columns will stretch up from the horizontal axis, and the negative ones will hang down from the axis....

how can i print with the lines, in microsoft excel
I try to print a list of names, but the lines won't show up. You need to either - insert borders - <Format><Cells><Border> or turn on gridlines <File><Page Setup><Sheet><Gridlines> Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Bunmi" <Bunmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BC43B0-1DD4-4842-8D3D-D08BCC9A66F3@microsoft.com... >I try to print a list of names, but the lines won't show up. Bunmi. have you tried file, page setup, sheet, check gridlines under print? -- Paul B Always backup your data before...

Excel assumes wrong year when year omitted
Normally when you specify a month and a day in Excel but omit the year, the current year is assumed. I have a peculiar problem with one of our computers defaulting to the year 2001, five years ago. For example, I type "June 1" and Excel stores "01/06/2001" instead of the expected "01/06/2006". Note that both computers have the correct system date and are set to interpret 2-digit years as being between 1930 and 2029. Both computers are running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office 2000. I know the simple answer would be to type out t...

Excel macro & MS XP OS trouble
I have recently switched from the MS NT operating system to the MS XP Professional os. My problem is I have an Excel macro that used to work with the NT system and now it does not with XP. Everytime I try to submit my Excel form I now get the following error message: "A document with the name '<name of file>' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document either close the document that currently open, or renmae one of the documents." I have tried to rename the excel...

Excel changing number formatting and source data in graphs on it's own!!!
Office costing me a lot of time. 2 problems: 1. excel, graphs loosing there formatting eg. going from "date" formatting to "4E+04" formatting. 2. this is a major problem... graphs are changing there own source data locations eg. from "data range" to "series" and if you click back to the data range tab it pops up with an error saying... ***Referance not valid. Referance must be to an open worksheet*** Doesn't make sense as it actually should be refering to information that's in the page thats open and I am working on. (Just in case this helps...

Outlook XP not journaling Word, Excel, or Powerpoint
For some strange reasons, Outlook 2002 (XP Pro) is no longer logging my usage of Excel and Word files. I have all the options checked on Tools|Options| Journal Options. Also, the corresponding registry setting (e.g,, HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Outlook/Journal/Word/Enabled) is set to 0x00000001 (1)). The date of the last log entry appears to coincide with the time when I installed "Enterprise Harmony," a program to synchronize Outlook with Casio pdas. Any suggestions? Gabriel ...

some charts will not show trendlines
I have four identical charts looking at very similar data, three series per XY chart. I want trendlines (moving average) on all data series of all charts. One chart will not show any, others will show all three, some will show some but not all. No error messages, go through procedure of adding trendline, but it just doesn't show up. Search for hidden line with cursor, doesn't show. Hi, Are the trendlines appearing in the legend? Is it possible the trend line is beyond any scaling limits you may have set? Cheers Andy comfuted wrote: > I have four identical charts looking...

OL 97 V.8.04.5619 HTML in messages
I don't see HTML in messages I receive. I know they were sent in HTML and other recipients (using other email clients) see them in HTML. I just see the text. I have use MS Word as editor (I saw an article that suggested this as a solution). Any help? Outlook 97 does not support HTML. HTML support was introduced in Outlook 98. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31f201c3e298$f0215ad0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don't see H...

how do i add a logo to an excel 2003 invoice template?
In Office 2000 you were able to add a logo in the left upper corner of an invoice when customizing. In Office 2003 it seems that you cannot. PLEASE HELP! Thank You I don't know what special facility Office 2000 had, but can't you just paste a bitmap onto the Excel cell? - DH ...

excel charts>horz, vert series on one chart
(hard to convey, without graphics) I shall send, a trial, on request. ...

opportunity form shows 'None' for Pipeline Phase (Stepname).
Hi, in MSCRM 4.0 I have build a complex workflowbased salesprocess with many childworkflows. In salesstages the called childworkflows set the individual 'Pipeline Phase' (stepname). The workflows run like expected, the change of the stepname in the opportunity is well documented by the workflow monitor of the opportunity. I add the column 'stepname' to the opportunity view and the 'Sales Pipeline' is shown with the individual stepname set by the childworkflows. Now the problem: the 'Pipeline Phase' (stepname) shown in the oppotunity form shows 'None'...

BP 10 SP2 Query Copy to Excel 2007
It warns I must have the Office Web Components (OWC) installed in order to copy the query results to Excel. The most recent OWC I can find is for Office 2003. Is there one for Office 2007? Also, using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. ------=_NextPart_0001_50286C26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The most recent version of OWC is for Office 2003. However, this release will work with Office 2007. In addition, we have also seen that in some cases, the OWC for Office XP is also required for the export function in BP to work. Both...

Excell formula
How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing betting record, entering W or L in a colunm. Im usuing Excel 2002 What do you want to calculate, Dusty? For instance, =if(a2>a3,"W","L") could work, but I have no idea what constitutes a win or loss. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dustywm" <Dustywm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F645A35-D607-4C80-A1CF-2A061DD3DEDB@microsoft.com... > How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing > betting record, entering W o...

Importing Data from FoxPro to Excel
I have a fairly large FoxPro database and I want to import it into Excel. The import always stops around 16,000 rows. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? What version of FoxPro? Just a guess, but maybe an older version thinks Excel still has 16,384 rows maximum? Can you export first to a text file then open in Excel? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:25:02 -0700, djn <djn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a fairly large FoxPro database and I want to import it into Excel. >The import always stops around 16,000 rows. Does anyone hav...

Data Access Page for Excel
I have createed a DAP for a database. How can I use this DAP for input data in a Excel worksheet with same fields. Is it possible? -- binary romel ...

Excel Spreadsheet #5
Issue: The value shown in the status box shows 6147; cell is formated with commas, 6,147; value in cell shows 64147. Any ideas? I assume you mean the cell = 6147 (vs. 64147). Sounds like the value was placed in the cell as text. Even if you attempt to format it as a numerically formatted cell after the fact it will remain as text. Try selecting the cell and "F2" then "Enter". -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:edd001c3f0cc$460fa19...

standard error bar in excel
Dear friends, Excuse me for my simple questions: how to add standard error bar into my excel graph which is produced based on the excel data? thanks a lot. tony Hi Tony, Right click on the data series in the chart; open the Format Data Series dialog, go to Y axis Error bar tab, set your error bars. Bernard "tony lincoln" <tony_lincoln@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3dc4659.0310230431.68c723ce@posting.google.com... > Dear friends, > > Excuse me for my simple questions: how to add standard error bar into > my excel graph which is produced based on the excel data...

BRE Error OlapReporter.Caption in Excel 2000
I have already posted this question in the Proclarity forum with no luck. Hi All, I am having reported an intermittant error when an Excel 2000 Workbook is opened . Microsoft Excel cannot find 'Olapreporter.caption' on 'Olapreporter.xla' there are two possible reasons: The name you specified may not be defined The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference. Check the Name and try again. The workbook ( I am assured) has not been changed for some months. I have been able (via netmeeting) to observe the user and others p...

run report on web page, import to excel

change diameter of a pie chart in excel
I am trying to make the sizes of all pie charts the same. I have made all the boxes the same size by using format - object and making widths and heights the same, however when this is done the diameter of each pie chart is different. Any ideas to correct this. Thanks Hi Lisa, To change the diameter you need to adjust the Plotarea dimensions. For consistent setting this is best done with vba code. The following code snippet will alter the position and width (diameter). With ActiveChart.PlotArea .Left = 20 .Top = 20 .Width = 60 End With Cheers Andy ...

Windows 7 Corrupting Excel 2007 Files with VB Code?
Situation: One developer is using Windows XP (64 bit) and provides a copy of his Excel 2007 macro enabled workbook utilizing a substantial amount of VB code to a second developer who in running Windows 7 (64 bit) and the same version of Excel 2007 as the first developer. VB code modifications were made by developer two and the file saved, then given back to developer one. When developer one opened the modified file, many of the macros in the workbook ceased to function properly for various reasons that seemed like they were related to unexplanable, incorrect workbook ref...

Can you add a new command to the right mouse click in Excel
Is it possible to add to or tailor the menu commands linked to the right click of the mouse button when in Excel? And if so - how? Hi only possible through VBA "dublinboy" wrote: > Is it possible to add to or tailor the menu commands linked to the right > click of the mouse button when in Excel? And if so - how? ...

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

Excel Column Chart with Data Tables
I have created a column chart and would lik to add a table at the bottom of the chart, exactly like a data table but one that I can manipulate. I want to be able to type in my own numbers in the table. Specifically, I'm showing annual returns in the columns and want to show standard deviation in a table. Is this possible? Thanks. Could you accept using a worksheet range for this data table? I thought you could. The last and third to last screen shot on this web page show how I've programmed a utility to align calculated values beneath columns of a chart: http://peltiertech...