Excel shuts down!

Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but 
be that as it may, I am obliged to use it.


Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until 
today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple 
files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a 
window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for 
solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it 
also shows a problem signature as follows:

Problem signature:
   Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
   Application Name:	EXCEL.EXE
   Application Version:	12.0.6323.5000
   Application Timestamp:	486cf744
   Fault Module Name:	hpz3r4v2.dll
   Fault Module Version:	61.63.249.0
   Fault Module Timestamp:	45c2d639
   Exception Code:	c0000005
   Exception Offset:	0009bda9
   OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
   Locale ID:	1033

Additional information about the problem:
   LCID:	1033
   Brand:	Office12Crash
   skulcid:	1033

This is all Greek to me. Any assistance will be appreciated. In the 
older versions of Mircosoft Office when there was a problem it would ask 
if it should be reported to Microsoft. No so now. Any contributions will 
be appreciated.

Big John
0
watson6918 (11)
10/16/2008 12:53:15 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
890 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Hi,

I doubt this is the cause but you are running a slightly different version 
from mine
12.0.6324.5001 but it might be worth a try to check for updates.  You can do 
this by choosing the Office Button in Excel, Excel Options, Resources tab, 
Check for Updates button.  

You also might run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics by clicking the Diagnose 
button in the same location as above.

-- 
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire


"Big John" wrote:

> Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but 
> be that as it may, I am obliged to use it.
> 
> 
> Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until 
> today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple 
> files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a 
> window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for 
> solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it 
> also shows a problem signature as follows:
> 
> Problem signature:
>    Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
>    Application Name:	EXCEL.EXE
>    Application Version:	12.0.6323.5000
>    Application Timestamp:	486cf744
>    Fault Module Name:	hpz3r4v2.dll
>    Fault Module Version:	61.63.249.0
>    Fault Module Timestamp:	45c2d639
>    Exception Code:	c0000005
>    Exception Offset:	0009bda9
>    OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>    Locale ID:	1033
> 
> Additional information about the problem:
>    LCID:	1033
>    Brand:	Office12Crash
>    skulcid:	1033
> 
> This is all Greek to me. Any assistance will be appreciated. In the 
> older versions of Mircosoft Office when there was a problem it would ask 
> if it should be reported to Microsoft. No so now. Any contributions will 
> be appreciated.
> 
> Big John
> 
0
10/16/2008 6:00:01 AM
ShaneDevenshire wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I doubt this is the cause but you are running a slightly different version 
> from mine
> 12.0.6324.5001 but it might be worth a try to check for updates.  You can do 
> this by choosing the Office Button in Excel, Excel Options, Resources tab, 
> Check for Updates button.  
> 
> You also might run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics by clicking the Diagnose 
> button in the same location as above.
> 
Thanks, I'll check it out. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the problem 
may be related to the "automatic update" because I never had the problem 
until now.
0
watson6918 (11)
10/16/2008 11:57:05 AM
I'm not sure it's excel.

I googled:  hpz3r4v2.dll
and it looks like it's related to an HP printer.

I'd try changing printers/printer drivers and see if that fixed the problem.

Or maybe get a new version of the printer driver from HP.  Maybe they fixed the
problem.



Big John wrote:
> 
> Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but
> be that as it may, I am obliged to use it.
> 
> Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until
> today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple
> files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a
> window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for
> solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it
> also shows a problem signature as follows:
> 
> Problem signature:
>    Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH
>    Application Name:    EXCEL.EXE
>    Application Version: 12.0.6323.5000
>    Application Timestamp:       486cf744
>    Fault Module Name:   hpz3r4v2.dll
>    Fault Module Version:        61.63.249.0
>    Fault Module Timestamp:      45c2d639
>    Exception Code:      c0000005
>    Exception Offset:    0009bda9
>    OS Version:  6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>    Locale ID:   1033
> 
> Additional information about the problem:
>    LCID:        1033
>    Brand:       Office12Crash
>    skulcid:     1033
> 
> This is all Greek to me. Any assistance will be appreciated. In the
> older versions of Mircosoft Office when there was a problem it would ask
> if it should be reported to Microsoft. No so now. Any contributions will
> be appreciated.
> 
> Big John

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
10/16/2008 12:30:08 PM
Dave Peterson wrote:
> I'm not sure it's excel.
> 
> I googled:  hpz3r4v2.dll
> and it looks like it's related to an HP printer.
> 
> I'd try changing printers/printer drivers and see if that fixed the problem.
> 
> Or maybe get a new version of the printer driver from HP.  Maybe they fixed the
> problem.
> 
> 
> 
> Big John wrote:
>> Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but
>> be that as it may, I am obliged to use it.
>>
>> Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until
>> today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple
>> files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a
>> window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for
>> solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it
>> also shows a problem signature as follows:
>>
>> Problem signature:
>>    Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH
>>    Application Name:    EXCEL.EXE
>>    Application Version: 12.0.6323.5000
>>    Application Timestamp:       486cf744
>>    Fault Module Name:   hpz3r4v2.dll
>>    Fault Module Version:        61.63.249.0
>>    Fault Module Timestamp:      45c2d639
>>    Exception Code:      c0000005
>>    Exception Offset:    0009bda9
>>    OS Version:  6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>>    Locale ID:   1033
>>
>> Additional information about the problem:
>>    LCID:        1033
>>    Brand:       Office12Crash
>>    skulcid:     1033
>>
>> This is all Greek to me. Any assistance will be appreciated. In the
>> older versions of Mircosoft Office when there was a problem it would ask
>> if it should be reported to Microsoft. No so now. Any contributions will
>> be appreciated.
>>
>> Big John
> 
OK Great!!  It's worth a try! I do have an HP Printer and did have to 
change drivers when I got a new laptop with Vista. That may well be the 
problem! Thanks for the help!!
0
watson6918 (11)
10/16/2008 6:05:08 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Excel 2007 error when opening program
"The INI file containing the temp chart file name could not be found" What does this mean and how can it be corrected. Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 ...

Doex Excel do this?
Hi everone, Say I have a workbook of 30 worksheets, each a worksheet has tab name and table. I want to create additional sheet that lists each tab name and its table's column names! Is this doable? Thanks, Mike Assuming Table column names are in A1:J1 on each sheet. Sub CreateListOfSheets() Dim WS As Worksheet Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "List" For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets("List") Set WS = Worksheets(I) If WS.Name <> "List" Then .Cells(I, 1).Valu...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Excel 2000
Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. Hi, There are limits but it's not 10. What data do you have in those 10 cells? Cheers Andy Bob wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I a...

excel multilple sheets
Need to branch to another sheet in the workbook and then return to the sheet that the branch was started from! Now for the kicker The user can change the name of the sheet that the program runs from!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson just posted some code (you wanted code???) that works very nicely. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utf6mffiDHA.620%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It works if the sheet has been renamed, too. Arr wrote:...

2007 version of Excel
How do I create a password so that the password is required upon opening the workbook? Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- 1. Launch EXCEL so that it has a new file in it. 2. Click on the Office Button (top left hand corer). 3. Prepare / Encrypt Document / enter the password that you want to use (for example test). - OK - enter the password again (test) - OK - Save the file in the normal way (Ctrl-S) 4. Close the file in the normal way (Office Button in top left hand corner / Close). 5. Now open the file once more. To get into it you will ha...

Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2
I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I would like the background to be white and can not get it to change. I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects, Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out. Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2 TIA http://members.aol.com/larrystark/ Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tut...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA? #2
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com ...

Calculated measure problem (OLAP) in Excel Spreadsheet
G'Day all I am having trouble with a calculation that on the surface seems to be working until it is opened up in excel The measure calculates the Actual Value as of last year and is as follows - ([Measures].[Act Val],ParallelPeriod([Time].[Year],1) This works fine until I look at the totals within EXCEL 2002/200 1)If I choose to view a whole year then the total shows me a whole year. That is fine and as expected 2)If I choose part of the year the total shows me the whole year. This is wrong and am wondering if it is an Excel probem or my calculation? But here is the weird part - 3)I...

Excel Save As Options
I am using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2007 Enterprise. I am using a third party retailing WWW page development tool to update a database of various item information on a WWW page. My boss is a reseller (at a lower price than the manufacturer of course). The update takes place via an import function built into their tool and the import function will take as input a flat file and you can specify if the field separator is a tab or some other character. I can't change this part. I am encouraged to use the tools that are available since I do not have direct access to the DB (and probably don...

cannot access excel spreadsheet
I have a received an excell spreadsheet attachment which I have saved in >my documents> but try to open it and nothing happens. what do I do to open it successfully? I am using micsrosoft windows XP No technical terms please as I am very new to computing Do you have Excel installed? In order to open an Excel workbook (file) you must have the Excel program installed on your computer. Excel is not a part of WindowsXP and you cannot download it for free from anywhere. There is a free Excel viewer with which you can view the contents of the file. You can download it at this ...

Excel 2007 Won't Start
When I try to access Excel 2007, I get the following error message from Windows Installer: "Preparing to Install" But nothing installs and Excel 2007, which ran fine on my machine till recently won't run. Neither will Word 2007. I download the latest Windows installer, and tried to uninstall Office Enterprise 2007 so I could reinstall it. But Office Enterprise won't uninstall or reinstall. -- Audrey Clement ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

control chart scale with cell value in excel
I would like to control the Min. and Max. values for the x & y axes in a XY scatter chart with cell values. Does anybody know how to do this? Excel 2003 jjw: Here's a post that shows a simple[le VBA approach. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_set_x_axis_min__max_dates.htm Kelly O'Day http://processtrends.com "jjw" <jjw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B743C713-7053-42F4-B005-2C7B594AA86F@microsoft.com... >I would like to control the Min. and Max. values for the x & y axes in a XY > scatter chart with cell values. > Does anybody...

excel should let me set row amd column maximum sizes
Worksheet size is 65,536 rows by 256 columns. I need one that is 256 rows by 65536 columns (or some where in between) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=441f2d8e-4e4d-49ee-b8d4-5f54b182f23d&...

How to convert a scanned document (from TIF) to Excel format?
I have scanned a document to my harddisk. Then, in the scanned document, there are data that we would like to extract. However, since it is in TIF format. I am not able to do. I also tried to convert it to PDF and save it as text. But it cannot. And also select and copy the text from the PDF file and TIF file and paste to a Word or Excel. But it does not work. Pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You need OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert your TIF image to characters which you can work with. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Sandra Poh" <San...

cannot set up outlook ....services 32 error...shuts down??
every time I put in my pop3 and smtp info a box pops up telling me services 32 error and shuts down outlook. Can not get past this?? What version of Outlook? Is that all there is to that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "greg" wrote: > every time I put in my pop3 and smtp info a box pops up telling me services > 32 error and shuts down outlook. > Can not get past this?? ...

Excel Printer Driver
Is there such a things a Excel printer driver I can install like a normal printer driver for printing all/any documents to an excel spreadsheet format. Looking for better ways to improve my exporting options. Cheers Great fantasy, but no such thing. Be MUCH MORE SPECIFIC about your goals and we can help you address them. "Sam Benson" <Sam@abacusdx.com> wrote in message news:4116c88f@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Is there such a things a Excel printer driver I can install like a normal > printer driver for printing all/any documents to an excel spreadsheet > format. >...

Adding a databound list box to excel ?
I need to add a databound list box to excel. I would like me to type in a cell, the contents of the listbox is from a MS Access database !, I just can't see any help in the excel help or google searches :( any help would be grateful Thanks Adrian Thompson ...

Excel Toolpane not opening when using IE
Hello. I have a problem with Excel when I try to open spreadsheets inside IE 6. The spreadsheet opens, but the tool pane doesn't open. This makes it impossible to print or save from within the spreadsheet. I have tried this on three computers, both of which are using IE 6 and Excel 2000, and the same problem occurs. When I open files directly from Excel, things work perfectly. However, we have lots of spreadsheets linked to web databases that I have to access. Has anyone come across this? TIA Cliff ...

Excel vs Access
I have a project that I am being asked to develop for work. It will be a method to QA reports using a grading method for sections within the report. Initially, I was leaning towards using EXCEL with a userform to provide the input for the grading of the report. As I thought more about it, I realize that I can have around 1000 reports per year per person that will be QA'd. I was going to have a workbook for each employee. I am now wondering if ACCESS will be better suited do to the number of reports and use Excel for the boss to collect a summary of the data from Access...