Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide

Hi,

We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point
slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is
changed. We can see only some part of the sheet.
Let me know if anybody faced this problem..

Thanks in advance
Shekar.

0
shekar (2)
9/24/2003 8:12:25 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review:
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Automatically Starting a Excel Addin
Hi We are using Excel 2000 and have a Addin that create a extra Tool bar. What we want to do is get this automatically loaded everytime someone loads Excel. If I go to Tool \ Addin and tick our addin it loads everytime OK. But we don't want to get all our users to have to do this themselves, if we know either the regit key or file that we needed to puch out to our users we could turn this setting on for them. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Paul www.purenetworking.net Jan Karel Pieterse used a helper workbook that added an addin in his namemanager utility. You can find it a...

leading zeros in excel
I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 Format as 00000 -- HTH Bob Phillips "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4560E85F-CE45-487F-812F-C7CA9D7FB042@microsoft.com... > I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 If that is for a US zip code, they really should be formatted as text then they can also be consistent with zip+4 codes as well, and with codes used in other countries as well. Format as text is best, or precede with a single quote. If they aren't going to be treated arithmetically then ...

excel dropdown menu question
Being a complete newbie here, my question is as follows. I have created a spreadsheet for our Little League baseball team by position and inning. In each cell I have created a dropdown menu that lists each of our 11 players by name so that all I have to do is select the players name and it fills in that cell for that position/inning. What I would like this drop down menu to do, if possible, is as I move down the player position (in a single inning) and choose a players name to fill that position, the dropdown menu then removes that players name in the next position to be filled. EX: ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

excel database 25,000 plus names
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 If this is just a datastore, then yes, it is better in Access and wh...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

Sheet Retains Deleted Text Box Contents on HTML Export
My apologies if this situation has popped up before and been answered... I have an Excel 2002 workbook of some 15 worksheets. When I first created it, I used text boxes as footers -- each sheet was no longer than a page when printed, so one text box per worksheet was enough, and the use of text boxes allowed me to see the footer information without invoking the print preview. Later, I deleted all the text boxes and used the custom footer option instead. Recently, when saving those sheets as HTML files, I found that the data that had been in those text boxes was appearing in the HTML c...

How do I disable the pop-ups that appear when I copy/paste, etc?
I just upgraded to Office 2003. Each time I copy, paste, fill down, etc., I get these little pup-up wizards. What are they actually called? How do I disable this feature? <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And uncheck the options you don't wish to have displayed. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Fiscal Al" <Fiscal Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C10E796-C820-434C-94B6-3660D549...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

how do I download an excel template%3f
I have tried to download an excel template from the MicroSoft website. However, after clicking the download now button nothing happens. The download never reaches my computer. I am using excel 2003 and have MicroSoft XP on my computer. The information in the following article may help: Downloading Office Online templates http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011352971033.aspx Dante wrote: > I have tried to download an excel template from the MicroSoft website. > However, after clicking the download now button nothing happens. The > download never reaches my co...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

Excel Formula Copy
Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Jennifer schreef: > Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct > answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Could you be more specific? What does it say on the other computer? Maybe in Tools > Options> Calculations "manual" is selected. Maybe the Automatic Calculation option is off on the computer it wont work on?? Thats my only guess "Jennifer&quo...

unintentional re-sizing of documents embedded in Excel
Within the last few days, Ive been experiencing a problem with Word documents embedded in an Excel worksheet. While I'm typing in the embedded document, the document size will change without any apparent cause. I've been using this form for years without any problem. We have virus protection software that is current, so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas or suggestioins?? TIA, Rich Hi no solution but this is probably not a virus or a setting. This happens in my experience quite often to embedded Excel documents. Would consider this more as a bug (with no workaround I know...

How to have multiple columns in excel that will expand and colaps.
I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like for the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view that level of data. Is there a method of doing this. It's hard to understand what you are wanting from what you say. Provide some detail about what the data looks like at the start, then what it looks like after expanding and then what it looks like after collapsing. Don't attach a file to your post. Just describe what you have and want. HTH Otto "columnhelp" <columnhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Excel data query goes away.
I have a work book that gets information from an SQL database. About every two months the query goes away. Why? and how can I stop this from happening? ...

insert data from one excel file into another
Is there any way to insert data from one excel file into another without doing copy and pasting? I need to automate the process of inserting data but I cannot use copy-paste, because it puts data on a clipboard, and my Excel VBA program runs in a multi-user environment. So if one instance of a program is copying data into clipboard, and another instance is pasting it at the same time, it will paste incorrect data. Thank you Leonard. You'll need both spreadsheets open, but try this; Option Explicit Sub MyMacro() Dim MyVariable As String Windows("File2.xls").Ac...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Nuevo excel
Existe una nueva version English ng. Newer than what? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Liliana Uribe" <sluribem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OrgHvn2yIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Existe una nueva version Hola Uribe fervientemente que nos dijo:=20 > Existe una nueva version inmediatamente, hasta las prensas que pulsar en este enlace! news://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.es.excel --=20 --=20 @+ ;o))) ...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...

Transfer information into Excel spreadsheet
In Internet Explorer on a particular web page, I used to be able to click on file > Edit with Excel and then select the parts of the page I wanted to export. (By clicking on the small yellow box with a + in it. Now, my "edit" options are with Front Page or Word. What happened? I realize I can right click on the body of the page and select export to Excel, but I want to continue doing it the way I have for the past 6 months. ...

how to prevent a formula in a summary sheet from automatically updating when a row is addedto the referenced sheet
I have a workbook set up that consists of several sheets and a summary sheet that refers to the third row on every other sheet. The worksheets that are referenced contain dated information that is sorted with the most recent entries entered in row 3 and these are the entries I need to track in the summary sheet. When I insert a new row 3 in these worksheets, the formula in the summary automatically updates to line 4 and I need it to always reference row 3, the newest entry. This should be simple but I cannot find the solution. Any ideas? Thanks, krisp1950 You could use the INDIRECT fun...

Slide Bar 'jumps' the view
Running Word 97 on Win98 The slide bar at the side to pull down the image has the irritating effect of changing nothing UNTIL you let go of the bar, then the whole image jumps. Almost every application, except this MS Word product, allows the use of the slider bar to adjust the iimage to where you want. With this blind jump it's impossible to use the slide bar for any effective adjustments, practically rendering the function useless. Has this been changed on later versions? If so, that makes a good reason to update. Somewhere - I can't remember where at the moment - ...

checksum; generate for sheet; already done?
This really doesn't belong in a ss, but here it is. We have a workbook that acts as a database. Lots of different stuff in it. Lots of stuff can change (or purpose or otherwise). I need to generate and publish a checksum. I know the area I will check and how I'll 'brand' the sheet with the result. I'd like to know if anyone has done this before. What to watch out for or any tips. I sure you understand the problem. We have to know, we REALLY have to know, what we have. Maybe someone already has a canned routine. Thank you. By-the-way - Does the Excel community h...

Excel Formattings
I send data (percentages) to Excel with 1 decimal. The number before send to excel is 1.2%. When send to Excel the number becomes 1.20%. This is the default setting of Excel for percentages. Can anything be done in order to avoid formatting numbers again in Excel ? ...