Excel query help with union select

First of all i want to thank the people here who have been answering
my posts. I am learning alot as a beginner.  This forum is very active
and has some talented people.

Now to the question, I am trying to get a union select to work on a
past problem i worked on. The problem is that when i copy and paste in
my code i dont seem to understand how to seamlessly paste in code
without an error. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? There is
something wrong with Defect$.

Here is what i have, below, but near the top there is an error but i
cant see it? while in ms excel using query i get the error,DEFECT$ is
not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid
characters
or punctuation and that is is not too long


SELECT `Employees$`.ID, `Employees$`.Employee_Last_Name, `Employees
$`.Employee_First_Name, `Employees$`.`Starting Week`
FROM `C:\Users\Andrew\Downloads\11+Employee+Start
+Dates.xlsx`.`Employees$` `Employees$`
UNION ALL
SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F4, `Production$`.F4, `DefectRates$`.F4
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F5, `Production$`.F5, `DefectRates$`.F5
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F6, `Production$`.F6, `DefectRates$`.F6
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F7, `Production$`.F7, `DefectRates$`.F7
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F8, `Production$`.F8, `DefectRates$`.F8
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F9, `Production$`.F9, `DefectRates$`.F9
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F10, `Production$`.F10, `DefectRates$`.F10
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F11, `Production$`.F11, `DefectRates$`.F11
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F12, `Production$`.F12, `DefectRates$`.F12
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F13, `Production$`.F13, `DefectRates$`.F13
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F14, `Production$`.F14, `DefectRates$`.F14
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F15, `Production$`.F15, `DefectRates$`.F15
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F16, `Production$`.F16, `DefectRates$`.F16
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F17, `Production$`.F17, `DefectRates$`.F17
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F18, `Production$`.F18, `DefectRates$`.F18
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F19, `Production$`.F19, `DefectRates$`.F19
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F20, `Production$`.F20, `DefectRates$`.F20
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F21, `Production$`.F21, `DefectRates$`.F21
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F22, `Production$`.F22, `DefectRates$`.F22
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F23, `Production$`.F23, `DefectRates$`.F23
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F24, `Production$`.F24, `DefectRates$`.F24
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F25, `Production$`.F25, `DefectRates$`.F25
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID

UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F26, `Production$`.F26, `DefectRates$`.F26
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID


UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F27, `Production$`.F27, `DefectRates$`.F27
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID


UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F28, `Production$`.F28, `DefectRates$`.F28
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID


UNION ALL

SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
`Defects$`.F29, `Production$`.F29, `DefectRates$`.F29
FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
$` `DefectRates$`
WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
0
newbie
11/22/2009 7:18:28 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
730 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

A UNION ALL query requires all fields in each subquery to match - they must 
exist in all of the queries and be of the same type.  Your very first SELECT 
query pulls different field (and a different number of fields) than the rest 
of your SELECT queries.

-- 
Daryl S


"newbie" wrote:

> First of all i want to thank the people here who have been answering
> my posts. I am learning alot as a beginner.  This forum is very active
> and has some talented people.
> 
> Now to the question, I am trying to get a union select to work on a
> past problem i worked on. The problem is that when i copy and paste in
> my code i dont seem to understand how to seamlessly paste in code
> without an error. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? There is
> something wrong with Defect$.
> 
> Here is what i have, below, but near the top there is an error but i
> cant see it? while in ms excel using query i get the error,DEFECT$ is
> not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid
> characters
> or punctuation and that is is not too long
> 
> 
> SELECT `Employees$`.ID, `Employees$`.Employee_Last_Name, `Employees
> $`.Employee_First_Name, `Employees$`.`Starting Week`
> FROM `C:\Users\Andrew\Downloads\11+Employee+Start
> +Dates.xlsx`.`Employees$` `Employees$`
> UNION ALL
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F4, `Production$`.F4, `DefectRates$`.F4
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F5, `Production$`.F5, `DefectRates$`.F5
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F6, `Production$`.F6, `DefectRates$`.F6
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F7, `Production$`.F7, `DefectRates$`.F7
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F8, `Production$`.F8, `DefectRates$`.F8
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F9, `Production$`.F9, `DefectRates$`.F9
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F10, `Production$`.F10, `DefectRates$`.F10
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F11, `Production$`.F11, `DefectRates$`.F11
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F12, `Production$`.F12, `DefectRates$`.F12
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F13, `Production$`.F13, `DefectRates$`.F13
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F14, `Production$`.F14, `DefectRates$`.F14
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F15, `Production$`.F15, `DefectRates$`.F15
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F16, `Production$`.F16, `DefectRates$`.F16
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F17, `Production$`.F17, `DefectRates$`.F17
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F18, `Production$`.F18, `DefectRates$`.F18
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F19, `Production$`.F19, `DefectRates$`.F19
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F20, `Production$`.F20, `DefectRates$`.F20
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F21, `Production$`.F21, `DefectRates$`.F21
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F22, `Production$`.F22, `DefectRates$`.F22
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F23, `Production$`.F23, `DefectRates$`.F23
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F24, `Production$`.F24, `DefectRates$`.F24
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F25, `Production$`.F25, `DefectRates$`.F25
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F26, `Production$`.F26, `DefectRates$`.F26
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F27, `Production$`.F27, `DefectRates$`.F27
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F28, `Production$`.F28, `DefectRates$`.F28
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> 
> 
> UNION ALL
> 
> SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> `Defects$`.F29, `Production$`.F29, `DefectRates$`.F29
> FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> $` `DefectRates$`
> WHERE `Defects$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> AND `DefectRates$`.ID = `Production$`.ID
> .
> 
0
Utf
11/23/2009 3:43:02 PM
I will play with the variables to match defect $ and see how that
goes.
I will report back.

Andrew

On Nov 23, 7:43=A0am, Daryl S <Dar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> A UNION ALL query requires all fields in each subquery to match - they mu=
st
> exist in all of the queries and be of the same type. =A0Your very first S=
ELECT
> query pulls different field (and a different number of fields) than the r=
est
> of your SELECT queries.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>
> "newbie" wrote:
> > First of all i want to thank the people here who have been answering
> > my posts. I am learning alot as a beginner. =A0This forum is very activ=
e
> > and has some talented people.
>
> > Now to the question, I am trying to get a union select to work on a
> > past problem i worked on. The problem is that when i copy and paste in
> > my code i dont seem to understand how to seamlessly paste in code
> > without an error. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? There is
> > something wrong with Defect$.
>
> > Here is what i have, below, but near the top there is an error but i
> > cant see it? while in ms excel using query i get the error,DEFECT$ is
> > not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid
> > characters
> > or punctuation and that is is not too long
>
> > SELECT `Employees$`.ID, `Employees$`.Employee_Last_Name, `Employees
> > $`.Employee_First_Name, `Employees$`.`Starting Week`
> > FROM `C:\Users\Andrew\Downloads\11+Employee+Start
> > +Dates.xlsx`.`Employees$` `Employees$`
> > UNION ALL
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F4, `Production$`.F4, `DefectRates$`.F4
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F5, `Production$`.F5, `DefectRates$`.F5
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F6, `Production$`.F6, `DefectRates$`.F6
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F7, `Production$`.F7, `DefectRates$`.F7
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F8, `Production$`.F8, `DefectRates$`.F8
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F9, `Production$`.F9, `DefectRates$`.F9
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F10, `Production$`.F10, `DefectRates$`.F10
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F11, `Production$`.F11, `DefectRates$`.F11
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F12, `Production$`.F12, `DefectRates$`.F12
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F13, `Production$`.F13, `DefectRates$`.F13
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F14, `Production$`.F14, `DefectRates$`.F14
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F15, `Production$`.F15, `DefectRates$`.F15
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F16, `Production$`.F16, `DefectRates$`.F16
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F17, `Production$`.F17, `DefectRates$`.F17
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F18, `Production$`.F18, `DefectRates$`.F18
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F19, `Production$`.F19, `DefectRates$`.F19
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F20, `Production$`.F20, `DefectRates$`.F20
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F21, `Production$`.F21, `DefectRates$`.F21
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F22, `Production$`.F22, `DefectRates$`.F22
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F23, `Production$`.F23, `DefectRates$`.F23
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F24, `Production$`.F24, `DefectRates$`.F24
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F25, `Production$`.F25, `DefectRates$`.F25
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F26, `Production$`.F26, `DefectRates$`.F26
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F27, `Production$`.F27, `DefectRates$`.F27
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F28, `Production$`.F28, `DefectRates$`.F28
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
>
> > UNION ALL
>
> > SELECT `Defects$`.ID, `Defects$`.Last_Name, `Defects$`.First_Name,
> > `Defects$`.F29, `Production$`.F29, `DefectRates$`.F29
> > FROM `Defects$` `Defects$`, `Production$` `Production$`, `DefectRates
> > $` `DefectRates$`
> > WHERE `Defects$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > AND `DefectRates$`.ID =3D `Production$`.ID
> > .

0
newbie
11/23/2009 10:08:35 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong
I’m using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start. I have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday thru Friday. My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10 Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10 Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Excel button problem
Hi All I have a macro that copies a worksheet in the active workbook and puts it into a new workbook - then formats it and deletes any buttons on the worksheet. On the first click on the button the macro works ok. On the second click, it fails because the all assigned macros on all buttons in the active workbook changed from "mba" to "book1!mba". Book 1 doesn't exists (wasn't opened, wasn't saved, doesn't have the macros). I've never experienced this problem before?? Can anyone help to solve this problem? FYI The macro to do this is c...

Excel 97 #9
Please can anyone help??? I have two columns in Excel 97. The first contains a list of statu values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second contains date eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to get all th granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com theres many ways, but an easiest way would be to do a sort. Highlight the 2 columns, click on data, then sort, then sort by status, then by date. this should group them all together. hope this helps...toe >-----Original Message----- >Please can anyo...

New to excel
Hi All, I'm new to Excel ( and to this forum :) ) and so I hope somebody may b able to help me. I've got 2 questions.... QUESTION 1 I've got a spreadsheet which takes data from one worksheet and uses i to calculate data in a second worksheet using the following code formula: =IF('4th November 2005'!B19="","nothing here dude",IF(B19<'4th Novembe 2005'!B19,"UP",IF(B19='4th November 2005'!B19,"Same",IF(B19>'4t November 2005'!B19,"DOWN")))) The problem is, when I create a new worksheet I have...

Looking for Excel Help
I'm a very novice Excel user and am looking for a little help with creating a formula for a spreadsheet I'm creating for my personal use. I would appreciate some assistance if possible. Thanks in advance. Dan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Dan! Post a sample of what you want to do. Your question is just a tad open ended <g> -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "DanB4105" <DanB4105.ywtpa@excelfor...

Excel corrupts when asking to update vlookups
We are experiencing weird behavior with some Office 2K3 Excel spreadsheets that contain lots of calculations, but no macros. On some pc’s Excel acts normally, on others you get the error. I have a couple of screen shots available. Any help is appreciated. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Gu...

Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel
Hi, I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office products. The error says "Cd:\documents and settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that export to excel and t...

Please help #8
I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 in Cache mode. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it? Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' "John S" wrote: > > I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 in Cache mode. Has anyone seen this or > know how to fix it? > > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of > memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' > >...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

learning Excel #3
Hi, I was considering learning Excel as an additional tool for my data analysis work. Is it better to use data sets that I have previously used with SPSS and apply the same analysis tools as in SPSS? For applying the appropriate tools, I was considering using excel's online help. The second option I have is to use some excel book for data analysis and apply the techniques to data sets provided with the book. Any suggestions????? regards Metal ...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

Help with importing data
Can I have users fill in a form in Access and have that data be transferred and updated to a spreadsheet. Need for fill out several fields and then export to a specific spreadsheet and place that data into the cells that will update that cell (add to the total in that cell) of a spreadsheet. ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook
I am trying to send a table from Excel within the body of an Outlook (lastest versions) to be sent as a fax. Am able to do this, BUT when the document prints out on the fax machine the formating is off (too big for the sheet). I am flexible on changing the method I send it to the fax machine, however it must be sent to the fax via macro. Below is the code I am using. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David Public Sub DoIt() 'On Error GoTo Handler Dim EmailAddress(0 To 2) As String Dim Count As Integer Dim N As Integer Dim sRec1(0) As String Dim sRec2(0 To 1) As...

I need to print a word in PDF from excel.
Hi, In my excel Macro, I update several values and then open a word linked with that excel. Finally what I need to do is to print that word to PDF. I already have a PDF Printer, so I just need the code to do it. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance. Gast=F3n. Habilita la impresora predeterminada como la PDF y ya lo puedes imprimir a al formato deseado Gracias Francisco,=20 Tienes alg=FAn codigo para ello? gracias Repitiendo: Desde el panel de impresoras asigno primero la que me interesa y despues ejecuto mi macro desde el archivo excel asignando la instruccion sig: midefaultes = a...

How do I get Excell to sort dates that range from 1800 to 1900's
I have posted a cemetery survey on Excell spreadsheet. When I try to sort the birth dates or death dates in ascending or descending order the range of 1900 dates will sort but the 1800 dates fall after the 1900 and will not sort. Why? Is this inherit with this program? The WinXL default dates start with 31 December 1899, so earlier "dates" are interpreted as Text. You can use helper columns and text functions (LEFT(),RIGHT(),MID()) to put the Year, Month and Day in separate columns, then sort. Take a look here for additional workarounds: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files...

Excel VBA
When you select the autofilter, the drop down list is created from the unique data in that column. Is there any way to customize this list, so the changes are permanent? For instance, I might have in one(1) column the following 4 row entries: red, blue, green (all are single cell entries) red, blue red blue, green I want my autofilter drop down list to read: red instead of red, blue, green blue red, blue green red blue, green (like normal) If I chose red from the drop down list...

Problem with named range for a large spreadsheet in Excel 2007
Hello, I am trying to generate a large Excel spreadsheet apprx. 10000 rows and 40 columns. I am generating defined name section in the Workbook.xml part of the XLSM package. Here is a sample entry from that section <definedName name="_._44802_._0_._0_._0_._top_line" localSheetId="0" hidden="1">Sheet1!$B$2</definedName> Although the generation goes fine, I can not open the spreadsheet as the Excel throws an error message saying the package is corrupt. But this is not the case if the spreadsheet is small say, 200 rows by 10 columns. ...

how do I add error bars to a 3D chart in excel?
The help states you can only add error bars to data series in 2D area. Is there a way to add them to a 3D chart? Hi, I would not have thought so. Obviously as it is not a built-in option the only way would be a work around perhaps using dummy series. Unfortunately you can create 3d combination charts. Stick with the 2d view. Cheers Andy elahe wrote: > The help states you can only add error bars to data series in 2D area. Is > there a way to add them to a 3D chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I checked, and error bars are not offered for 3D ch...

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

Find Text in a Query
Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text "Forms". Thanks for your help! On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:10:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text >string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text >"Forms". > >Thanks for your help! There might be a way to use the systems tables, but I wasn't able to figure it out. Try: Pu...

Unjoin tables in query
Hi, I have 2 tables (table1 & table2) in query that don't have a relational field each other. Table1 has Date, decription & amount. Table2 has RecordNo & filenm. I'd like to pull all fields in Table1 and only the last record of field Filenm in table2. How can I make a query to produce report like that. If anybody can tell me, I'm very appreciated. Thanks KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 It works. Thank you very much.... Jerry Whittle wrote: >First create a query called qryLastFil...

Budget queries
Hi I'm new to setting up a budget. I have the following queries: 1. What does the green down arrow mean next to the name of the "Receive From" name? and what does the up red arrow mean under the Expenses? 2. Why is there row underneath the above heading called "Other Income for "Wages& Salary"? The amount in this row is 0. This is happening for every Payslip entry I have entered in the Payslip. 3. Why is there a "Subtotal"? I find this confusing to read. Can it be removed somehow? 4. I've got other headings with nothing in them eg....