Excel problem #3

I am attaching an excel file where i have a problem
In the file are 2 sheets, Main & second
I want to get data from second sheet to the main sheet by a formula by
which the amount in the total column will be posted in the second sheet
falling under various dates. I have done for 6 sept 2003 by way of
example

I do not know any formula by which i can do this automatically
Please help me

                Attachment filename: example.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=444742
---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
one way: Try the following:
- on your first sheet ('Main') you have to duplicate the values for
column B so that each row is filled with a value. e.g. insert '1998' in
B4:B102
- you may also delete the subtotals in between (e.g. row 103)
- To get your second sheet two ways:
    -> use a pivot table on your data. It will create this kind of
report automatically
    -> with formulas: enter the following in cell D4 on your second
sheet
=SUMPRODU´┐ŻCT((Main!$C$3:$C$999<=Data!D$3)*(Main!$C$3:$C$999>Data!D$3-7)
*(Main!$B$3:$B$999=Data!$C4),Main!$D$3:$D$999)
copy down and to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I am attaching an excel file where i have a problem
> In the file are 2 sheets, Main & second
> I want to get data from second sheet to the main sheet by a formula
by
> which the amount in the total column will be posted in the second
> sheet falling under various dates. I have done for 6 sept 2003 by way
> of
> example
>
> I do not know any formula by which i can do this automatically
> Please help me
>
>                 Attachment filename: example.xls
> Download attachment:
> http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=444742 ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Exchange update problem

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Border problems

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Excel DNS query

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...