Excel opened a file but did not show it's contents

Hi all,
One of my colleagues tried to open an Excel file.  Excel opened the file (no
error was shown up) but it didn't show the contents of the file.  If you
have 2 files originally opened in Excel, Excel only shown those 2 file
windows in it.  The newly opened one disappeared.  Have anyone of you came
across this before?  Any ideas to fix  the problem are welcome. TIA

el

0
drop_msg (2)
11/17/2003 10:05:07 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Does this mean you looked under the Window option on the menubar and didn't see
all the workbooks that you think you opened?

If you could see the name, maybe it's just off the visible screen:
Window|Arrange|tiled (and resize manually)

or maybe you hid it
window|unhide

How did you try to open the file after you saved to your HD?  Doubleclicking or
File|open.

If file|Open works, but doubleclicking doesn't, you may want to try one of
these:

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

An alternative might be to do:
Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

If it is, select the file name, and click OK

el wrote:
> Hi all,
> One of my colleagues tried to open an Excel file.  Excel opened the file (no
> error was shown up) but it didn't show the contents of the file.  If you
> have 2 files originally opened in Excel, Excel only shown those 2 file
> windows in it.  The newly opened one disappeared.  Have anyone of you came
> across this before?  Any ideas to fix  the problem are welcome. TIA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/18/2003 12:18:14 AM
Dump fool myself, I should be able to spot it.  The workbook was hidden
accidentally.  Thanks for all helping hand. You guys are "SUPER". Thanks
again.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

0
drop_msg (2)

File size #11

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

find action on log file

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes