Excel (Office 2007 B2TR) -- Password Protecting A Sheet -- Character Limit ?

I have used really long passwords in Excel (Office 2007 BETA).
My passwords are longer than 32 characters but not more than 64
characters.

Two issues with B2TR seem to have occurred:
1.) password length now limited?
2.) cannot paste password into 'Confirm Password' dialog?

Here's how I have been protecting Sheets (not Workbook):

With the sheet I wish to protect in front and visible,

I select 'Review'

Then I select 'Protect Sheet'

'Protect Sheet' dialog appears.

I can paste my really long password.

Click [OK].

'Confirm Password' dialog appears.

I cannot paste the long password.

Even still, if I begin to type the password, it will not let me type
beyond 15 characters.

Tell me where I am going wrong here.

Can someone refer me to on-line documentation about this.

(Right group for this kind of question?)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel doesn't support real security; I would reccomend putting your
efforts elsewhere.

keep your data in a database and uninstall excel

-Aaron

Office2007B2TR_Tester_91311 wrote:
> I have used really long passwords in Excel (Office 2007 BETA).
> My passwords are longer than 32 characters but not more than 64
> characters.
>
> Two issues with B2TR seem to have occurred:
> 1.) password length now limited?
> 2.) cannot paste password into 'Confirm Password' dialog?
>
> Here's how I have been protecting Sheets (not Workbook):
>
> With the sheet I wish to protect in front and visible,
>
> I select 'Review'
>
> Then I select 'Protect Sheet'
>
> 'Protect Sheet' dialog appears.
>
> I can paste my really long password.
>
> Click [OK].
>
> 'Confirm Password' dialog appears.
>
> I cannot paste the long password.
>
> Even still, if I begin to type the password, it will not let me type
> beyond 15 characters.
>
> Tell me where I am going wrong here.
>
> Can someone refer me to on-line documentation about this.
>
> (Right group for this kind of question?)

0
aaron.kempf (776)
10/11/2006 11:10:43 PM
No one knows?

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:30:57 GMT, Office2007B2TR_Tester_91311
<Office2007B2TR_Tester_91311@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>I have used really long passwords in Excel (Office 2007 BETA).
>My passwords are longer than 32 characters but not more than 64
>characters.
>
>Two issues with B2TR seem to have occurred:
>1.) password length now limited?
>2.) cannot paste password into 'Confirm Password' dialog?
>
>Here's how I have been protecting Sheets (not Workbook):
>
>With the sheet I wish to protect in front and visible,
>
>I select 'Review'
>
>Then I select 'Protect Sheet'
>
>'Protect Sheet' dialog appears.
>
>I can paste my really long password.
>
>Click [OK].
>
>'Confirm Password' dialog appears.
>
>I cannot paste the long password.
>
>Even still, if I begin to type the password, it will not let me type
>beyond 15 characters.
>
>Tell me where I am going wrong here.
>
>Can someone refer me to on-line documentation about this.
>
>(Right group for this kind of question?)

No one knows?

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:30:57 GMT, Office2007B2TR_Tester_91311
<Office2007B2TR_Tester_91311@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>I have used really long passwords in Excel (Office 2007 BETA).
>My passwords are longer than 32 characters but not more than 64
>characters.
>
>Two issues with B2TR seem to have occurred:
>1.) password length now limited?
>2.) cannot paste password into 'Confirm Password' dialog?
>
>Here's how I have been protecting Sheets (not Workbook):
>
>With the sheet I wish to protect in front and visible,
>
>I select 'Review'
>
>Then I select 'Protect Sheet'
>
>'Protect Sheet' dialog appears.
>
>I can paste my really long password.
>
>Click [OK].
>
>'Confirm Password' dialog appears.
>
>I cannot paste the long password.
>
>Even still, if I begin to type the password, it will not let me type
>beyond 15 characters.
>
>Tell me where I am going wrong here.
>
>Can someone refer me to on-line documentation about this.
>
>(Right group for this kind of question?)

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

learning Excel #3

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook