Excel newbie - need chart help

I am preparing a simple chart taken from specific numbers in the "D" column
(y-axis) and specific dates in the "A" column (x-axis).  When I make my
chart, the y-axis numbers chart perfectly with values corresponding to
numbers in the "D" column.  I can't get my specific dates on the x axis
though.  It either says 1,2,3... or starts at 1/1/00, 1/2/00,1/3/00...  How
do I get the specific dates on the x axis?
Thanks in advance!

Page

0
page59 (4)
6/1/2008 4:04:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

what ever the date mentioned in col A is not in date format as mm/dd/
yy

please check the date format.

On Jun 1, 9:04=A0pm, "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pag...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am preparing a simple chart taken from specific numbers in the "D" colum=
> (y-axis) and specific dates in the "A" column (x-axis). =A0When I make my
> chart, the y-axis numbers chart perfectly with values corresponding to
> numbers in the "D" column. =A0I can't get my specific dates on the x axis
> though. =A0It either says 1,2,3... or starts at 1/1/00, 1/2/00,1/3/00... =
=A0How
> do I get the specific dates on the x axis?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Page

0
muddanmadhu (119)
6/1/2008 5:26:42 PM
Okay.  Got that fixed.  Now how do I get my chart to automatically update
when I add new data?

On Jun 1, 9:04 pm, "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pag...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am preparing a simple chart taken from specific numbers in the "D"
> column
> (y-axis) and specific dates in the "A" column (x-axis). When I make my
> chart, the y-axis numbers chart perfectly with values corresponding to
> numbers in the "D" column. I can't get my specific dates on the x axis
> though. It either says 1,2,3... or starts at 1/1/00, 1/2/00,1/3/00... How
> do I get the specific dates on the x axis?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Page

0
page59 (4)
6/1/2008 7:19:20 PM
Google for: excel dynamic range, or have a look here
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm

hth
knut
"A.P. Brunkhorst" <page59@comcast.net> skrev i melding
> Okay.  Got that fixed.  Now how do I get my chart to automatically update
> when I add new data?
>

> "muddan madhu" <muddanmadhu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> what ever the date mentioned in col A is not in date format as mm/dd/
> yy
>
> please check the date format.
>

> On Jun 1, 9:04 pm, "A.P. Brunkhorst" <pag...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I am preparing a simple chart taken from specific numbers in the "D"
>> column
>> (y-axis) and specific dates in the "A" column (x-axis). When I make my
>> chart, the y-axis numbers chart perfectly with values corresponding to
>> numbers in the "D" column. I can't get my specific dates on the x axis
>> though. It either says 1,2,3... or starts at 1/1/00, 1/2/00,1/3/00... How
>> do I get the specific dates on the x axis?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Page

0
nomail1151 (11)

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel button problem

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel 97 #9

Please help #8

learning Excel #3

I need a macro

Help with importing data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...