Excel link to website not working

Hi,
  I have an excel spreadsheet at work that contains links to an
internal company website.  Each of these links contains a query string.
 My problem is that the query string is being ignored when I click on
the link.  Here's an example link..

http://my-parr/parr/req?action=taggedmain&projid=26&tag_id=2

When I click on the link I get redirected to the main page of the site
I am trying to go to.  If I copy and paste the url into the browser it
works fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John Gadbois

0
jgadbois (3)
5/26/2005 7:18:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Access works really well for linking to a HTML page.

check it out.

in access, right-click link, files of type = HTML and you can put in
the whole URL with querystring.

I like it a lot more than Excels linking.. because it WORKS

0
aaron.kempf (776)
5/27/2005 1:20:43 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think that I can go with that option.  The
spreadsheet is pretty comprehensive and contains much more than just
the links that couldn't be ported to access.

0
jgadbois (3)
5/27/2005 12:14:23 PM
Ok, I think I'm on the right track to finding a solution.  I got the
links to work by adding code to the Worksheet_FollowHyperlink event
handler to execute a sub that will start a new instance of IE and point
it to the target of the hyperlink.  My question now is this...can I
somehow suppress the IE window that pops up by default when I click on
the hyperlink?  As it is now, when I click on the hyperlink two windows
pop up; the first one in which the link is not working, and the second
one which is instantiated by the macro and does work.  I would like to
get rid of the first window.

0
jgadbois (3)
5/27/2005 5:28:27 PM
if the xls is too complex; it is better to change it NOW then when it
is more complex
what are you going to do when you hit the 64k row limit? lol

you've chosen the wrong architecture. excel is a disease.

-aaron

0
aaron.kempf (776)

Excel bar graph with two axes
I'm trying to set up a chart with four series on two Y-axes (two series on each). I can do that, but I get the two series of one axis superimposed over the two series of the other axis. Is there a way to have all four bars display next to each other (the way they do if it's just one axis) but scaled to the two axes? I'm guessing you want something like this http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html "Ben-Head" <BenHead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8375E48D-2A95-4727-9D72-AAF2E6919992@microsoft.com... > I'm try...

Excel Chart and Data to PPT
HI! Experts Is it possible with macro to Copy Chart and Range from the Sheets to PPT Means, i have one Workbook With 150 Charts and there data in Different Sheets that means 150 sheet in a workbook. Note- Sheet 1 data Range is A1:B10. I make the Pie Chart in the Same Sheet. My Chart in the Same Sheet in All Sheets i.e 150 Sheets Now, i want to copy these chart and range and Paste into PPT. Chart will Paste to ( Click to Add Title ) portion. And Range Will Paste to (Click to Add Text) Is it Possible with Macro or VBA or i have to go Manually Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Automatically renumbering in an excel cell
I have a list of about 300 items. How do I set the Numbers up so that if I delete something at the top of the list, the rest of the numbers automatically renumber? How about formula =ROW() -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Madi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:06954583-58DC-40FA-A77A-E10C7E1E29BA@microsoft.com... > I have a list of about 300 items. How do I set the Numbers up so that if I delete something at the top of the list, the rest of the numbers automatically renumber? The problem is that I didn't star...

Importing Excel data into Outlook 2007
I have been trying to import data saved to an excel workbook but when I go through the normal import process this is what I get as an error message. Does anyone have the answer as to how to name the data range in excel?? An error has occurred in the Microsoft excel 97-2003 translator while getting the contents of a file system. The microsoft Excel 97-2003 file C:\User\Terry Daw|documents \Morelsoftware\Sales Force\contact.xls Has no maned ranges. Use Microsoft 97-2003 to name the range of data you want to import. The error message tells you exactly what is wrong - you have no named = rang...

Excel charts copy / paste crops the images
Hi. I have had the following behaviour on several computers: I need to create an array of 6 charts in an excel worksheet, select all of them, copy, paste special into Word. The problem is that the whole figure is not copied and the right-hand edge comes out cropped. - any ideas? ...

Excel Problem: Cursur disappears over Sheet
I have rescently had a spreadsheet sent to me with a price list with macros which ran very well. Since that time my cursor disappears when it is over a sheet but reappears when the mouse is moved to the top menu or the side bar. It must be a macro problem. (?? Virus). I have run an updated Nortons Antivirus check with no viruses found. This must be an Excel macro error. Can anyone help me to correct this problem? ...

e-mail linking problem
I have been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for over a year, but recently, I must have made a change I am not aware of. Now when I click on a link contained in an incoming e-mail, I receive the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Mine is a single-user home operation with Vista Home Premium. Can you tell me how to correct this situation? Many thanks: Gene L Gene L. wrote: > I have been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for over a year, b...

Maintenance of document links
How do I maintain office links when moving documents between folders Hi Suzanne, You'll need to change the way the links work, so that they'll apply 'relative' Paths, instead of the usual 'absolute' paths. To see how to do this, check out the solution I've posted at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDB54594-7443-49F6-A500-939BE4B100F3@microsoft.com... > How do I maintain office links when m...

Updating Excel Worksheet
I have an Excel worksheet that I created from a flat file and then added some other information. Is there any way to take a new flat file (updated info) and merge it into the worksheet? If so how would I deal with dups. ...

I cannot save excel or powerpoint files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, I am desperate for some help. I have the new macbook and I am having trouble with Office 2008. It will let me open new files (cant preview existing ones) but it won't let me save Excel or powerpoint files. It says there may be many reasons such as " the file name or path name does not exist" or " it may have the same name as another " blah blah blah. Anyway, I have installed a legit version of office, and it didn't work, so i uninstalled it, and downloaded a ms trial version. After 8 different atte...

Excel Leading Zeros
Hi, I'm recreating a "transID" made up of year,month, date,branch, transaction number in the mainframe. The excel data contains all these fields, but I've had to use format>cells>custom>00000 to ensure the transaction number has leading zeros. I'm trying to concatenate these fields, but the transaction number reverts back no leading zeros, so what should be 2006010511100123, looks like 200615111123. I need to exactly replicate the "transID" Any ideas ? Rich Build it up in pieces formatting each piece the way you want: dim myStr as string mystr =...

How to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors
Hi NG, Any idea how to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors - Color Graduations? When you define Theme Colors you can define the base color for color Graduations, BUT there is not way to find out (a) how the color graduations are calculated, and (b) how to customize the color graduations Thanks, Andreas ...

Background Internet Update does not work
In Money 2004 as soon as I started Money, it launched the background updates - program, quotes, bank balances. In Money 2007 no matter what setting I have (using Passport and daily updates), it does not happen, I manually have to click "Update now". This is anything but automatic background download - am I missing something? Thanks for any advice, Zoli Hi. I too have the same problem in Money 2006. I always have to press "Update Now" to update my accounts. It would be great if someone knows a way to fix this for both 2006 and 2007! "Zoli" <zolist@gm...

can't sum up items i cut&paste from access to excel..
i can't sum up no.'s i cut&paste from access to excel. excel recognizes the correctly cut&paste values as "zero" and so when i add up the columns, i get a zero for the total. They have probably come across as text rather than numbers. In a spare column you can enter the formula: =VALUE(A1) assuming your data starts in cell A1, then copy this down for the extent of your data. Highlight all the cells with this formula in, then click copy | Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and press <enter>, then copy all these cells to overwrite the data in column A. You ...

How do I recover Excel document printed but not saved
I created a large Excel spreadsheet, saved it at various stages, and then printed the finished version. I then made a change I didn't want to keep, so closed the document and clicked No when asked if i wanted to save changes. Unfortunately I hadn't saved the most recent changes before I printed the document. Is there any way to recover the printed version of the document? Scan in the paper copy?? If you didn't save it, there's nothing to go back to. Richard AH wrote: > > I created a large Excel spreadsheet, saved it at various stages, and then > printed the...

Data validated list not transferring to Word
I am having an issue inserting a table created in excel into a word document. I have tried inserting and copying info from the excel spreadsheet into the word document and although the columns, text, fill colours and even the list tab on each cell transfers. However when you click on the cell and press the list tab the list opens but there is no text to choose from. I had created the list for each cell with Data Validation; naming each list and inputting this info into {Data validation - Settings - Source (=FFESpend)}. The list options work whilst in excel however when I ...

Excel 2003
I have 12 worksheets, one for each month, in the same spreadsheet file. I have formatted the first one, but how can I copy the formatting (ONLY the formatting) through to the others without having to do each one separately? If you click the intersection between the row and column identifiers in your formatted sheet, this will highlight the complete worksheet. Then click the Format Painter icon, click the second sheet tab and click in cell A1. Repeat this ten times. Pete ...

Outlook 2002
I can not go to links that are in emails I receive. either email addreses or web sites. This is causeing a real problem. It does not happen in my Outlook Express only in Outlook. The erroer message is "Operation cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". This just started happening. If any one can help please email me at lmw@houston.rr.com, Thanks ...

Forms in Excel
I use Excel very little. I have seen forms used for data input but I have failed to find any refernce to them in HELP or in the tutorials that I have found. Where can I learn more? Thanks, Robin Chapple Have a look at http://spreadsheets.about.com/library/weekly/blexuserform2. htm Bob Umlas Excel MVP >-----Original Message----- >I use Excel very little. > >I have seen forms used for data input but I have failed to find any >refernce to them in HELP or in the tutorials that I have found. > >Where can I learn more? > >Thanks, > >Robin Chapple >. >...

Macro to export Smartlist to Excel
Hi I would like to create a macro to open smartlist, select a query and export it to Excel. I have saved the query as a favourite and set up the Export Solutions to save the query to an excel file. However macro stops during the export to excel stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You should have recorded the macro up to the point of smartlist exporting the data to excel and shifting back the focus on your smartlist and stop the macro recording. When you played back the macro you will discover that a dialog box informing you how long the macro ran and when you ...

copy explorer folder list to excel
Hello I want to develop a spreadsheet (Excel) which will have all the files in one of my folders as on of its columns! I have tried opening explorer , using copy & paste, but it doesn't seem to work Can anybody help please ? Thanks KK Try this. Allows you to select file extension or serach on all files and then select search folder. Puts the results in a new worksheet but that would be easily changed:- Option Explicit Sub SrchForFiles() Dim i As Long, z As Long, Rw As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Dim y As Variant Dim fLdr As String, Fil As String, FPath As Strin...

Outlook 2003 shortcuts do not work
I have created Outlook shortcuts from the Outlook icon under Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office>Outlook 2003 and outlook.exe found in Program Files. When these shortcuts are on the desktop and I click on them, they turn gray and nothing happens. Clicking on the icons that the shortcuts were created from Outlook opens just fine. Will a reinstall fix this problem or is something else wrong? Thanks... D.Duck <Don@ld.duck> wrote: > I have created Outlook shortcuts from the Outlook icon under Start>All > Programs>Microsoft Office>Outlook 2003 and outlook....

"Outlook Security Settings" folder not working
Hi, I'm trying to use the the 'default security settings' form in the outlook security settings folder to set Outlook security for all users. I have created the folder and assigned default - reviewer permissions to it, and published the form as per the readme provided with the OutlookSecurity.oft template. I am testing on one client to begin with and have added the CheckAdminSettings Dword in the registry and set it to 1. However, the form appears to have no effect on the client. The settings in the form are ignored and I still get the same security warnings that 'a program i...

Pivot Tables in Excel 2007
How do you change the data range for a pivot table in excel 2007 without deleting the table itself and redoing all the steps for pivot table creation. e,g, yr current range is A1:D49 but u want the range to be A1:D56 since u added some records for pivot table purposes. > How do you change the data range for a pivot table in excel 2007 > without deleting the table itself and redoing all the steps for pivot > table creation. e,g, yr current range is A1:D49 but u want the range > to be A1:D56 since u added some records for pivot table purposes. Click on the pivot table, Options Ribb...