Excel Formulas

I have a spreadsheet showing whether customers have paid their debts or
not.
Each row represents a customer and details of the debt and the last
cell in the row states whether the debt is "PAID" OR "UNPAID".
Where the word "PAID" appears in a cell, I want to write a formula that
will move that whole row  to a different location on my sheet.
I eventually want to record this action on a MACRO, so that every time
I run a MACRO on my accounts spreadsheet it will take the updated
information of customers marked "paid" and put in a seperate
spreadsheet.

Please help.

Thankyou

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

formulas don't move information.  You would need to use a macro from the
start.  Look in Data=>Filter=> Autofilter

this will allow you to filter on the Paid column for Paid and then copy the
range and paste it to a new location

Then reselect the data and do

Edit=>goto=>special and choose visible.  then Edit=>Delete and select entire
row.

This will just delete the visible rows (make sure the header row isn't
selected).

turn on the macro recorder while you do it all manually and that will give
you the basic code.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

sandra.darius <sandra.darius.utyfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet showing whether customers have paid their debts or
> not.
> Each row represents a customer and details of the debt and the last
> cell in the row states whether the debt is "PAID" OR "UNPAID".
> Where the word "PAID" appears in a cell, I want to write a formula that
> will move that whole row  to a different location on my sheet.
> I eventually want to record this action on a MACRO, so that every time
> I run a MACRO on my accounts spreadsheet it will take the updated
> information of customers marked "paid" and put in a seperate
> spreadsheet.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thankyou

twogilvy (1078)