Excel formula help #4

Hello!

Can somone help me with this formula

2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21"

2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2"

My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i
can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"?

I want to add the together at the end and  get the result "23" but with
: and - i only get error.

--
johhny
johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Try something like this:

=VALUE(MID(D11,FIND(":",D11)+1,FIND("-",D11)-1-FIND(":",D11)))
where your data is in D11

Andy.

"johhny" <johhny.1rlvac_1120413901.7298@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:johhny.1rlvac_1120413901.7298@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello!
>
> Can somone help me with this formula
>
> 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21"
>
> 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2"
>
> My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i
> can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"?
>
> I want to add the together at the end and  get the result "23" but with
> : and - i only get error.
>

> --
> johhny
> johhny's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

0
Andy
7/3/2005 6:28:46 PM
if say a1  has 2004:21-0-1-1-11
the formulae to retrieve 21 is

=MID(a1,FIND(":",a1,1)+1,FIND("-",a1,FIND(":",a1,1))-(FIND(":",a1,1)+1))

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16271

If you  have LOTS of these in a column, then you can do Data > TextToColumns
and separate your strings into separate columns, then easily pick out the
values you wish to sum.............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"johhny" <johhny.1rlvac_1120413901.7298@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:johhny.1rlvac_1120413901.7298@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello!
>
> Can somone help me with this formula
>
> 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21"
>
> 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2"
>
> My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i
> can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"?
>
> I want to add the together at the end and  get the result "23" but with
> : and - i only get error.
>

> --
> johhny
> johhny's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

0
croberts (1377)
7/3/2005 11:38:55 PM
Hello!

Thanks for all the reply

When i try to put some of these formulas in i only get that it is a
error in the formula. I have specified the right CELL.

The suggestion about Data--> it seperates the formula inside the CELL
how can i get pass that?

I have copied all my formulas from "work1" to "work2" how can i get
these to reffer to "work2" all of copied formulas are still reffering
to "work1".

Regards

Johhny

--
johhny
johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on with your sheet Johhny since you
have not given us any cell locations of your values and formulas.  I tried
both Andy's and Anilsolipuram's formulas and they both seemed to work fine
to do the separation.  Neither do the sum you're requesting at the end.  It
was assumed that you would take care of that part.  On second read, the Data
> TextToColumns method would not be practical unless you were dealing with
two long columns of these type strings and needed to extract from them.

If you're still having trouble, post back giving the cell locations of your
strings and where you want the formulas and the sum result and someone will
be glad to help.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"johhny" <johhny.1rn0ya_1120467903.8918@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:johhny.1rn0ya_1120467903.8918@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for all the reply
>
> When i try to put some of these formulas in i only get that it is a
> error in the formula. I have specified the right CELL.
>
> The suggestion about Data--> it seperates the formula inside the CELL
> how can i get pass that?
>
> I have copied all my formulas from "work1" to "work2" how can i get
> these to reffer to "work2" all of copied formulas are still reffering
> to "work1".
>

> Regards
>
> Johhny
>

> --
> johhny
> johhny's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

0
croberts (1377)
7/4/2005 1:57:03 PM
Hello!

IS it possible that you can send me an e-mail with and attach the  xls
file with the formula typed in?

email: abbass@online.no

Regards
Johhny

--
johhny
johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

It's on it's way...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"johhny" <johhny.1rnn6b_1120496707.5604@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:johhny.1rnn6b_1120496707.5604@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello!
>
> IS it possible that you can send me an e-mail with and attach the  xls
> file with the formula typed in?
>
> email: abbass@online.no
>

> Regards
> Johhny
>

> --
> johhny
> johhny's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

0
croberts (1377)
7/4/2005 5:56:04 PM
Thank you all for the help  :)

--
johhny
johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384182

Excel not Access

How to export Notes to Excel
Hi all, I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? Thanks -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede Navigate to Advanced Find and select 'Notes', then export as necessary/appropriate.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Phumulani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i > do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? > > Thanks > -- > phumulaniluyandacollinlembede ...

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Excel 2007

formula based on format

Need help with Auto Filter

How do I use traffic lights in excel