Excel Formula #3

Trying to write a formula that would say this:
If there is an "x" in column F2 then add 1 to the number in column I2.
In other words column I2 starts with a "0" and if there is a "x" placed
in F2, then I want I2 to read "1". This is a win loss chart so there
would be "x's" in other columns but I want it to keep adding "1" to I2.

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

A bit more clarity before suggesting a worksheet_change event. Are you
saying that if x is put in f2 increase i2 by 1 and then if x is entered
somewhere else______? the add another 1 to i2 ????

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jim Austin" <jhockeyref@msn.com> wrote in message
> Trying to write a formula that would say this:
> If there is an "x" in column F2 then add 1 to the number in column I2.
> In other words column I2 starts with a "0" and if there is a "x" placed
> in F2, then I want I2 to read "1". This is a win loss chart so there
> would be "x's" in other columns but I want it to keep adding "1" to I2.

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
> Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***

0
Don
4/22/2004 5:37:15 PM
Hi Jim
wouldn't the following formula in I2 work for you?
=IF(F2="x",1,0)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jim Austin wrote:
> Trying to write a formula that would say this:
> If there is an "x" in column F2 then add 1 to the number in column
I2.
> In other words column I2 starts with a "0" and if there is a "x"
> placed in F2, then I want I2 to read "1". This is a win loss chart so
> there would be "x's" in other columns but I want it to keep adding
> "1" to I2.

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
> Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***

0
frank.kabel (11126)

I want to trace the precedents in a formula when they are on mult.
Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets Paul wrote: > Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows > precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets Unfortunately it doesn't. That's something I would like to see as well. -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Depending on what version of excel (xl2002 in front of me),...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3