Excel File Rename Macro Help!

Hello All!

  Daily csv files are dumped into a shared folder and i have written a
macro that goes into that folder and automatically pull in data to put
it in microsoft access tables. What i want to do next is after
importing the data into access, rename those files to include dates and
times. This import runs every morning so whenever a new csv is dumped
in there, my macro will run the newest ones and avoid the past ones.
Any ideas guys? I guess im looking for a rename macro sql script.
Please see below script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Dim fso As Object, fol As Object, fils As Object, f As Object
   Dim strPathFile As String, strFile As String, strPath As String,
strSpec As String
   Dim strTable As String, ynFieldName As Boolean

        ' use ynFieldName to tell TransferText whether .csv file has
field names (True) Or Not (False)

        ynFieldName = False

        ' strPath is the path to the folder in which the files will be
placed
        strPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\seipxz\Desktop\BI - JP\"

        ' strSpec is name of import specification
        strSpec = "specCSVImport"

        'strTable is name of table to which file is to be imported
        strTable = "specCSVImport"

        Set fol = fso.GetFolder(strPath)
        Set fils = fol.Files
        For Each f In fils    ' checks all files in the folder
specified above

            If Right(f.Name, 22) = "AppndComplResearch.csv" Then   '
found a ".csv" file
                strPathFile = strPath & f.Name    ' set entire
path&file name
                ' import .csv file
                DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, strSpec, strTable,
strPathFile, ynFieldName
                ' delete the file that was just imported (leave out
this step if you want to manually delete the file)
                'f.delete

            End If

        Next f

0
philip260 (1)
10/27/2006 12:52:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

maybe this simple idea will help?
Sub movefile()
OldName = "C:\oldfolder\oldname.xls"
NewName = "C:\newfolder\newname.xls"
Name OldName As NewName
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<philip260@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
>  Daily csv files are dumped into a shared folder and i have written a
> macro that goes into that folder and automatically pull in data to put
> it in microsoft access tables. What i want to do next is after
> importing the data into access, rename those files to include dates and
> times. This import runs every morning so whenever a new csv is dumped
> in there, my macro will run the newest ones and avoid the past ones.
> Any ideas guys? I guess im looking for a rename macro sql script.
> Please see below script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>

> Dim fso As Object, fol As Object, fils As Object, f As Object
>   Dim strPathFile As String, strFile As String, strPath As String,
> strSpec As String
>   Dim strTable As String, ynFieldName As Boolean
>

>        ' use ynFieldName to tell TransferText whether .csv file has
> field names (True) Or Not (False)
>
>        ynFieldName = False
>
>        ' strPath is the path to the folder in which the files will be
> placed
>        strPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\seipxz\Desktop\BI - JP\"
>
>        ' strSpec is name of import specification
>        strSpec = "specCSVImport"
>
>        'strTable is name of table to which file is to be imported
>        strTable = "specCSVImport"
>

>        Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>        Set fol = fso.GetFolder(strPath)
>        Set fils = fol.Files
>        For Each f In fils    ' checks all files in the folder
> specified above
>
>            If Right(f.Name, 22) = "AppndComplResearch.csv" Then   '
> found a ".csv" file
>                strPathFile = strPath & f.Name    ' set entire
> path&file name
>                ' import .csv file
>                DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, strSpec, strTable,
> strPathFile, ynFieldName
>                ' delete the file that was just imported (leave out
> this step if you want to manually delete the file)
>                'f.delete
>
>            End If
>
>        Next f

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Excel 2007

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Opening Excel Workbooks

Help with income/expenses