Excel exact copy workbook to workbook HELP NEEDED !!

I have looked everywhere for this answer and I turn to the news groups to
find the answer.

I wish to copy a group of formulas from one excel workbook to another excel
workbook. I could drag and drop but all the fomulas now reference the
original workbook in their formulas. This is not what I wish to see. I need
it to be an exact copy. I am dealing with way too much data to retype it
all. Basically I want page six of the second workbook to look exactly like
page six from the original workbook.

0
fiendish (1)
5/12/2005 7:18:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

John,

Try this in Windows Explorer. Select the file. Menu pick edit/copy, then
edit/ paste in the same directory. It should give you "copy of
YOUR_FILENAME.xls"
 This will be the one you modify as your new spreadsheets.

Beege

"John Smith" <fiendish@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have looked everywhere for this answer and I turn to the news groups to
>find the answer.
>
> I wish to copy a group of formulas from one excel workbook to another
> excel workbook. I could drag and drop but all the fomulas now reference
> the original workbook in their formulas. This is not what I wish to see. I
> need it to be an exact copy. I am dealing with way too much data to retype
> it all. Basically I want page six of the second workbook to look exactly
> like page six from the original workbook.

0
bwgilman__ (16)
5/12/2005 8:40:07 PM
Just copy as you did, then choose 'Edit / Links', 'Change source' and then
choose that workbook.  This will link the workbook to itself and then the
links simply disappear.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"John Smith" <fiendish@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have looked everywhere for this answer and I turn to the news groups to
> find the answer.
>
> I wish to copy a group of formulas from one excel workbook to another
excel
> workbook. I could drag and drop but all the fomulas now reference the
> original workbook in their formulas. This is not what I wish to see. I
need
> it to be an exact copy. I am dealing with way too much data to retype it
> all. Basically I want page six of the second workbook to look exactly like
> page six from the original workbook.

0
ken.wright (2489)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Need Query Help

Excel Problem

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...