Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Switched to Microsofts version of Excel for Mac.  Can anyone tell me
what keystroke allows me to edit a cell?  Before I switched to a Mac
it was the F2 button.  Please help.  Thank you.

0
ssears (1)
4/14/2007 8:23:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See the answers in the m.p.mac.office.excel newsgroup.

In article <1176582208.958694.269620@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 ssears@indy.tds.net wrote:

> Switched to Microsofts version of Excel for Mac.  Can anyone tell me
> what keystroke allows me to edit a cell?  Before I switched to a Mac
> it was the F2 button.  Please help.  Thank you.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

print button greyed
print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable it? Mike Triber <mrt@thecomputerlink.com> wrote: > print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable > it? No need to ask more than once, but there is a need to ask in the correct newsgroup and this isn't it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Action on record change from split form?
I have a split form -- custom form on top, datasheet on the bottom -- and want to do two things (alter the background color of the main form Detail, and make one of a set of images visible and the others not visible) depending on the contents of a specific field in the selected record. My formatting works fine as code executed when the field is changed from within the form, but I can't find a way to change the settings when a record is selected using the datasheet part of the split form. I thought there must be some event that would work as a trigger, but can't seem to fi...

Collor pallet changes unwanted after SAP export
In order to analyse data from SAP, I create an Excel export of the data, this is a standard SAP functionality. The excel file that it creates has a different color palette than the standard Excel pallet. This is not a problem. The problem is that when I open an Excel sheet that has been exported from SAP, it changes also the color palette of all open Excel workbooks, rendering some of them unreadable. Closing Excel and reopening solves the problem, until I reopen a SAP-exported Excel workbook... I tried changing the palette using Options - .. - Colors, but then I'd have to change c...

excel resets charts SizeWithWindow and Zoom
I have a series of procedures which generate a lot of statistics and charts and set the charts' property .SizeWithWindow = False and the window magnification .Zoom = 100 Everything works fine and the charts are output as specified in the vba code. But after I close the workbooks and reopen them, excel has reset all the chart Views to Sized With Window (checked) and Zoom to 127%. Is there a way to prevent excel from resetting the View and Zoom properties? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ...

How do I show a percentage in Excel? Or do a simple subtraction?
I'm making a spreadsheet showing every mortgage payment I make split into: Payment Taxes Insurance Interest Principal Balance Based on the fixed payment amount every month, the fixed Tax and Insurance amounts every month and the difference in Balance from payment to payment, calculating what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to interest and what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to pricipal is pretty remedial - but I can't find the function to insert under Interest and Principal to calcul...

MSExch2003 Cluster, change drive letters data path
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

Hyperlink in excel...
hi all, i m trying to add hyperlink into my excel...but it is stating..."This operation has been canceldue to the restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator"...I never have that problem before, all the sudden i cant get online with that hyperlink in excel!!! can anyone please help me to solve this problem!!!! Thank a million folks!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messa...

filepath excel 2007
Hi, I would like to know if there is a better way to do this. I have 4 worksheets (WH1, WH2 etc) that linked the value of 1 workbook to another WH1 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$K$84 WH2 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$H$83 The thing that changes is month in the filename & the cell that it links to eg. K84. Currently i import a text file so i only have to change those 2 values. -- HT Just do it with Find-Replace. You could even put the target and replacement values in c...

Edit + Find
How do I find exact text when using the Edit + Find? I want to find all of the "Bapt" in my list, but when I type in Bapt in my edit + find, it scrolls to the Baptist as well. In the Find window, choose to "Find entire cell only". Paul "Mindy" <mcliburn@kub.org> wrote in message news:143601c53c78$b17516b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I find exact text when using the Edit + Find? I > want to find all of the "Bapt" in my list, but when I > type in Bapt in my edit + find, it scrolls to the Baptist > as well. If it's the onl...

Excel 2007 display wrong "document in use by ... "message
When person A creates an Excel file and saves it, Person B opens it and C tries to open it concurrently to person B, C receives the wrong message "<doc-name> is locked for editing by person A". This should be person B. People lose time finding the real editor on the document! ...

Global Change to Drop-Down Form Fields
I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change those values to something different. Anyone know how to do this? On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:05:42 -0800 (PST), iamnu <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote: >I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form >fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change >those values to something different. > >Anyone know how to do this? You can get your knickers in a twist trying to change specific entries, but it&#...

excel changing last number
I'm sure this will turn out to be something very simple, but I can not figure it out yet! I am trying to enter a 16 digit number in my spreadsheet. Everytime I enter it it changes the last digit to 0 no matter what I put in it. If I only enter 15 of the digits, it works fine. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas? Thanks Donna you can only use 15 digits precision for numeric values but you might just want to enter a credit card number for storage, either precede the entry with an apostrophe ' or pre-format as text will work If you indeed need to make calculations with 16 digit numbers ...

Owners of HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition help please
Could someone with HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition laptop send a file for me with its original Artist Edition 2 theme. I reinstalled my Vista and lost it. Thanks a lot. -- AFletcher "AFletcher" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:8e33ff091635227c7f93be803cea0d17@nntp-gateway.com... > > Could someone with HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition laptop send a file for > me with its original Artist Edition 2 theme. I reinstalled my Vista and > lost it. Thanks a lot. > > > -- > AFletcher ....and your Vista problem is? -- "...

Question about comparing text columns in Excel?
I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the following: I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A. Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Name $$ amount Blank Name $$ amount Any suggestions? Check this out: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3036/nonamed.png Micky "hamdodger" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the > following: > > I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A...

Add new Data Series in Excel 2007
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a new data series all I had to do was click on Chart-->Add Data and it was easy to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I added in data series to a previously established chart? Hi, Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data > Add. Or right click chart, Select Data > Add. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info &...

Helix Express 3.5 (Mac) --> MS Access?
I have a relative who runs a tiny biz using Helix Express 3.5 on a Mac (www.helixtech.com). I'd like to explore the option of moving her to Access under Windows, but the database contains not only data but also forms. It's an odd database though. I can't even see how one accesses the underlying tables of data. She had the database custom developed for her many, many years ago, and only interacts with it through various forms, which enable her to enter data on customers and services, and produce custom reports, mailing labels, form letters, etc. Her needs are rather modest, but she...

Change Invoice Currency
Hallo, Do anybody know is there a way to customize invoices so I would be able to get money from invoices with different currency (or one currency which differs from the base one). Sincerely, Koistya `Navin http://navin.biz Maybe MS Money 2006 BE does have this feature? > Hallo, > > Do anybody know is there a way to customize invoices so I would be able to > get money from invoices with different currency (or one currency which > differs from the base one). Sincerely, Koistya `Navin http://navin.biz I'm currently using MS Money 2005 SB, and in my humble opini...

change autocomplete choice in to: cc: or bcc: fields
is there a way to change or remove a name that gets "autocompleted" in the to:, cc:, or bcc: fields? right now i have 2 entries that begin with "jennifer" and i'm always prompted with the one i don't want. is there a way to change this? thanks. ross You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. i realize that, but i'd like to change it to prompt me for the correct one. >-----Original Message----- >You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. >. > >i realize that, but i'd like to change it to pr...

How do I change the default # of copies to 1 in a specific file?
I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies instead of 1. How can I change this default back for this file only? Thank you! You might find something under Page Setup, Options. This varies with the printer driver but in my case I found the copies controlled under Advanced options for my driver. -- Jim "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844371DA-E283-4D3D-ADFB-8A53B098C496@microsoft.com... |I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies | instead of 1. How can I change this default...

Changing default margins in text box
I would like to change the default margins in a text box. Help says to change them and then to click the box that says to change default, but that box does not check. Does anyone know how to change the margin defaults for text boxes? What version of Publisher are you using??? -- Hi Deacon Ken (deacken@airmail.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I would like to change the default margins in a text box. || Help says to change them and then to click the box that || says to change default, but that box does not check. Does || anyone know how to change the margin defaults f...

CRM Mobile client
Folks We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else works!!!! Please help! Regards Gavin Gavin, In CRM, go to SETTINGS (bottom left corner) and then in the Nav Bar (top left) click on Mobile Configuration. From there you can add entities and make them editable. Good luck "Gavin Urtel" wrote: > Folks > > We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, > except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else > work...

Change date format #2
I have a column in excel which outputs the date as: 1/1/2005, I would like the formatting to be as such: 2005-01-01. Ther are no formats built into excel to output the dates like this. Doe anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish the yyyy-mm-dd forma -- gplevriti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gplevritis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39102 Hi Select your cells and press Ctrl-1 Select Custom on the number tab and select a forma...

Excel and Access talking
Basically I am wondering how I can get excel macros to call access macros or vice versa. Specifically I am looking for a way to have a macro built that can liase between Excel and Access. Ultimately I would like to have a macro that populates a data sheet in Excel (by pulling data from multiple Excel files), opens Access and runs the Access macro that pulls the aforementioned Excel sheet. An alternative would be to have an Access macro that opens up multiple Excel docs, runs certain functions within those workbooks and then enacts the Access macro. ...

how to generate data from graph in excel
I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Hi, Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 Mike "Vads" wrote: > I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to > extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Excel 2007 Translated http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 macro into Excel 2007 VBA code. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm ...

How do I get rid of this black box in my Excel charts?
I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me crazy! Help! On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:10:11 +0000, Margi wrote (in article <D1D4C9A9-1A0F-46E3-8816-FFDD5F6F9757@microsoft.com>): > I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, > then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me > crazy! Help! Why in Hades do we get Excel posts in here?! Outlook posts I can sort of understand, being that O comes directly before...