Excel DNS query

Hello,

Is there a way for an Excel function to query a DNS server?

Thanks.

Soundy

0
soundy (5)
7/3/2006 3:27:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not that I know of, but you can turn on the macro recorder, use 'get
external data' and tailor the resulting code into a user function of your
own.

E.g. I've used this to create a button to get MS-Access data from a query
that has the same name as the sheet (tab) name. It saves me a lot of
copy-paste actions.

Bas Hartkamp

<soundy@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way for an Excel function to query a DNS server?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Soundy

Thanks, I'll try it out.

HS Hartkamp wrote:
> Not that I know of, but you can turn on the macro recorder, use 'get
> external data' and tailor the resulting code into a user function of your
> own.
>
> E.g. I've used this to create a button to get MS-Access data from a query
> that has the same name as the sheet (tab) name. It saves me a lot of
> copy-paste actions.
>
> Bas Hartkamp
>

> <soundy@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way for an Excel function to query a DNS server?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >

> > Soundy

0
soundy (5)