Excel - Date & Time Stamp

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data
each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on
first row.   2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than
1st row.

I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I
don't want that.  I want to enter each rows and each rows should be
different by one minute apart but same date - June 22.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Format A1:A79 as Custom  dd-mmm-yy h:mm

Select A1

Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar.

Still holding CTRL key hit SHIFT key and semi-colon key.

Select A2 and enter  =A1 + 1/1440

Drag/copy down to A79

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 22 Jun 2006 16:10:13 -0700, "learning_codes@hotmail.com"
<learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data
>each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on
>first row.   2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than
>1st row.
>
>I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I
>don't want that.  I want to enter each rows and each rows should be
>different by one minute apart but same date - June 22.
>
>Your help would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks

0
Gord
6/23/2006 12:14:06 AM
Thanks for the information.  I tried and it works.

I need to know if there is a trigger when I enter "Title" in A5 and the
code create the date stamp on A1.

Will that be possible ??

Thanks

Gord Dibben wrote:
> Format A1:A79 as Custom  dd-mmm-yy h:mm
>
> Select A1
>
> Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar.
>
> Still holding CTRL key hit SHIFT key and semi-colon key.
>
> Select A2 and enter  =A1 + 1/1440
>
> Drag/copy down to A79
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On 22 Jun 2006 16:10:13 -0700, "learning_codes@hotmail.com"
> <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data
> >each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on
> >first row.   2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than
> >1st row.
> >
> >I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I
> >don't want that.  I want to enter each rows and each rows should be
> >different by one minute apart but same date - June 22.
> >
> >Your help would be much appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks

You will need event code.

But if you use A5 as a trigger cell how can you fill A1:A79 with date/time as
first desired?

Maybe use a cell in Column B as a trigger cell.

Try this code in your worksheet.

Option Compare Text
    On Error GoTo CleanUp
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then
    If Target.Value = "Title" Then
    Range("A1").Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End If
CleanUp:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".  Copy/paste the code into that
module.

Gord

On 22 Jun 2006 18:56:55 -0700, "learning_codes@hotmail.com"
<learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the information.  I tried and it works.
>
>I need to know if there is a trigger when I enter "Title" in A5 and the
>code create the date stamp on A1.
>
>Will that be possible ??
>
>Thanks
>
>Gord Dibben wrote:
>> Format A1:A79 as Custom  dd-mmm-yy h:mm
>>
>> Select A1
>>
>> Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar.
>>
>> Still holding CTRL key hit SHIFT key and semi-colon key.
>>
>> Select A2 and enter  =A1 + 1/1440
>>
>> Drag/copy down to A79
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On 22 Jun 2006 16:10:13 -0700, "learning_codes@hotmail.com"
>> <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data
>> >each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on
>> >first row.   2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than
>> >1st row.
>> >
>> >I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I
>> >don't want that.  I want to enter each rows and each rows should be
>> >different by one minute apart but same date - June 22.
>> >
>> >Your help would be much appreciated.
>> >
>> >Thanks

0
Gord

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

excel spreadsheet
How do I delete columns from my spread sheet? When I right click the word "delete" isn't highlighted, so it doesn't work. Is the sheet protected or shared? -- Regards, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Ang" <Ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:418A7E09-1E8E-41E1-9988-82460B633629@microsoft.com... How do I delete columns from my spread sheet? When I right click the word "delete" is...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

using dates Part 2

Backup Excel file

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

time #11
I have set up a spreadsheet with time based on what our company truck drivers work. We work under a DOT rule of 70 hours / 8 days. That means that the driver can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. The sheets I have (one for each month) goes back 7 days plus the current day and calculated how many hours a day the driver works and subtracts it from 70, leaving how many hours they can work the next day. If the calculation gets to 0 or above, the cell changes color to alert me that the driver's 70 hours are up and he/she has to have 34 hours off before he/she can be on duty ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Excel Histogram -- Incorrect Bins
I am using the Histogram tool in Excel 2004 for Mac -- I am finding that = Excel is shifting all my data one bin to the right. =20 For example, with data... 2,2,2,7,7,7 and bin range selected as 0,5,10 I am EXPECTING 3 items in bin 0 (between zero and five) and 3 items in = bin=20 5 (between five and ten). Excel is RETURNING a histogram with nothing in the zero bin, and 3 items = each in the 5 bin and the 10 bin. This is driving my bonkers! I can't find a solution...can somebody = please=20 help? Eric Anderson - > I am using the Histogram tool in Excel 2004 for Mac -- I am...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

Combining Lists within excel.
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll try to explain the problem I have. I have 2 worksheets both containing a product list. I have entries on one worksheet which I need on the other, so basically my question is... might there be a way of combining these two lists so one updates the other with the missing entries. Help on this would be great, as they are very large lists which I dont much fancy the thought of looking through them manually. Are you familiar with the VLOOKUP function? I use it all the time for this type of problem. vlookup(Product cell in first sheet, Array...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...