excel database 25,000 plus names #2

I am working with a database i set up in excel.
It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb.
If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i
work faster.
Right now it takes forever to open and save.
I am told it is not my computer.
any tips???

--
mikedipaol
mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What's going on with Plus?
I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: 1. In Portfolio view, the Total Portfolio Value line that used to show the totals for the 3 columns I'm displaying are now all the same value and appear to be Today's Change. How do I change them to reflect the totals for the 3 columns (in my case, Total Change, Cost Basis and Market Value)? 2. Review Portfolio shows me a blank screen. I have 17.0.125.1415 running on XP Sp2. Tony In microsoft.public.money, TonyK wrote: >I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: > >...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

More Columns #2

Unable to delete empty database

Linking files 2 ways

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Goal Seek #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA